Preparing for a babysitter

meiteoh

I managed to find a babysitter already and am going back to work soon so am wondering what to prepare on a daily basis and what I can dump with her. So need to know what other mummies are doing out there as well.

In my case, I'm thinking of depositing baby wipes, nappy liners as well as some food (cereal and snacks) with the babysitter so I don't have to keep bringing them over.

On a daily basis, I'll provide her with some clothes, the cloth diapers, food (puree/porridge), EBM (chilled/frozen) as well as some of Eva's plushie or toys.

I plan to start the babysitter a few days earlier so Eva can have some time to adjust to her as well as a new schedule. She took care of Eva yesterday for a few hours and as to be expected, Eva cried but not throughout the whole time - she'd stop, play for a while, think and then decide to cry or not. The babysitter wore Eva for a while in the BBjorn to let her nap (which I'm okay with - close one eye la).

Was thinking of getting another straw cup so that I can leave one at the babysitter for her use (am planning to train Eva to take EBM from a straw cup instead of latch on from me).

What do you ladies think? Am I missing anything or need to provide more stuff? Any tips or suggestions?

Priya Diva

I managed to find a babysitter already and am going back to work soon so am wondering what to prepare on a daily basis and what I can dump with her. So need to know what other mummies are doing out there as well.

In my case, I'm thinking of depositing baby wipes, nappy liners as well as some food (cereal and snacks) with the babysitter so I dont't have to keep bringing them over.

On a daily basis, I'll provide her with some clothes, the cloth diapers, food (puree/porridge), EBM (chilled/frozen) as well as some of Eva's plushie or toys.

I plan to start the babysitter a few days earlier so Eva can have some time to adjust to her as well as a new schedule. She took care of Eva yesterday for a few hours and as to be expected, Eva cried but not throughout the whole time - she'd stop, play for a while, think and then decide to cry or not. The babysitter wore Eva for a while in the BBjorn to let her nap (which I'm okay with - close one eye ).

Was thinking of getting another straw cup so that I can leave one at the babysitter for her use (am planning to train Eva to take EBM from a straw cup instead of latch on from me).

What do you ladies think? Am I missing anything or need to provide more stuff? Any tips or suggestions?
Hi

Just wondering why do you need to prepare food? Can your nanny buy the food items.

I leave my daughter at a nanny's place. I will pay her $50 so she can use that to buy cereals and other items.

Of course if i buy certain foodstuff in large items i will pass half to nanny.

I also bought a toyogo drawer set in which my nanny can keep all the clothes/toys/diapers/ toiletries/ nappy cream/baby clothes washing detergent and dishwashing liquids.

I also gave a tub and baby high chair.

So on daily basis i dont have to do any washing of clothes that she wore at nanny place. Saves a lot of time clearing, cleaning and packing. [seriously once you start working you will be firefighting with time]

I send my gal and pass my nanny a notebook for her to record essential things she did for the day like naptime, milk feed etc...everyday.

Hope this helps. :tlaugh:

littlehelper

Yep i think it will be good if your babysitter records essential stuff especially when she starts taking new food, it will be good to keep a record in case of any allergy reation u know whats the food that caused it:)

meiteoh

Thanks ladies!

Coz I'd like to feed her homemade meals according to my plan as I won't be introducing meat until later and so forth. :)

Nice idea on the notebook. I'll suggest that to the babysitter so she can let me know if there is a reaction and such if I were to introduce new foods as well as the new schedule.

So far, I'll be leaving clothes, toys, bath related stuff (bath soap, detergent, towels, wipes, hankies, bibs, etc), disposable diapers for emergencies, a medical kit (thermometer, diaper cream, cooling patch, nail scissors), some bowls/spoons/straw cups with her. Only thing I'll bring daily are the CDs (coz I'll wash them), food & snacks and EBM. My babysitter is quite flexi though but I did tell her that if she needs anything, just let me know and I'll get it.