Pri School

Hi All,

I staying in woodlands and was thinking where should i enrol my son for his pri school education. My pri school is ai tong which is in bishan. i dun know should i enrol him to ai tong or a school in woodlands. Any advise?

Any woodlands school to recommend which is near my place at woodlands drive 16?

Thanks in advance!

chowlm

Hi,

I'm also staying in Woodlands Dr 16. My two sons are now studying in Innova Pri. This is the only single session pri sch in this area. Being a 4 years old sch, the sch has more new programs. They have a number of program that bring children out of the classroom to learn and my two sons enjoy such trips. As the sch is relatively new, there are so far no balloting over the past few years. Last year, the sch has their 1st batch of PSLE students, results is not too bad.

My niece is studying in Woodgroove Pri, alot of remedial and homework. The sch focus more on academic results. Their PSLE results is good so alot of parents like to enrol their children to this sch and every year they have balloting.

Hope this is helpful to you. Every school has its way of grooming their students so it depend on whether your child fit into the environment.

Hi,

I'm also staying in Woodlands Dr 16. My two sons are now studying in Innova Pri. This is the only single session pri sch in this area. Being a 4 years old sch, the sch has more new programs. They have a number of program that bring children out of the classroom to learn and my two sons enjoy such trips. As the sch is relatively new, there are so far no balloting over the past few years. Last year, the sch has their 1st batch of PSLE students, results is not too bad.

My niece is studying in Woodgroove Pri, alot of remedial and homework. The sch focus more on academic results. Their PSLE results is good so alot of parents like to enrol their children to this sch and every year they have balloting.

Hope this is helpful to you. Every school has its way of grooming their students so it depend on whether your child fit into the environment.
Hi thanks for your information. It's very clear. Is innova within 1km?

xiaodaisy

while ur staying in woodlands and if u enroll him so far, how will u fetch him to sch ? doubt there is sch bus for so far

if only 1 kid , maybe is still ok , if u have another younger kid might be hard for u to travel if u not driving urself

and for the kid , will be tired for him to let him wake up that early to prepare ..

for sch , maybe ask ard if any relative or frens staying nearby for feedback of the sch or u can go see the info on MOE website .. =)

while ur staying in woodlands and if u enroll him so far, how will u fetch him to sch ? doubt there is sch bus for so far

if only 1 kid , maybe is still ok , if u have another younger kid might be hard for u to travel if u not driving urself

and for the kid , will be tired for him to let him wake up that early to prepare ..

for sch , maybe ask ard if any relative or frens staying nearby for feedback of the sch or u can go see the info on MOE website .. =)
Yup that's my consideration also.. too far.. there school bus cater from bishan to woodlands. but need to follow school bus early..
and i dun want him to travel so far and tired also hard for him to concentrate in school..

chowlm

There are 3 pri sch within 1Km from Woodlands Dr 16. Woodgroove, Innova and Woodlands Ring. I'm not very sure if there is balloting for Woodlands Ring Pri. You can check the school P1 registration record at MOE website.

Another way is bring your child along during the school open house and see what the sch provides. The sch open house is usually June holiday before the P1 phase 2C registration.

Taking sch bus is quite tiring and expensive. Once your child reach P2, he will start to have CCA and remedial class then you will need to arrange your own transport to pick him up after school.

There are 3 pri sch within 1Km from Woodlands Dr 16. Woodgroove, Innova and Woodlands Ring. I'm not very sure if there is balloting for Woodlands Ring Pri. You can check the school P1 registration record at MOE website.

Another way is bring your child along during the school open house and see what the sch provides. The sch open house is usually June holiday before the P1 phase 2C registration.

Taking sch bus is quite tiring and expensive. Once your child reach P2, he will start to have CCA and remedial class then you will need to arrange your own transport to pick him up after school.
Thanks. think neighbourhood school also ok already rite.. no need to go to sap school to have gd student rite..

ping26

I would make the decision based on my child's ability. I'll take the most suitable school based on his ability - sufficient stimulation/challenges & not too stressful & nurturing environment.

If my child is academically inclined, I would send my child to the most suitable primary school within a 45 min of traveling-time radius.