Primary 1 registration for Kids born in 2005

CanCanMum

Helloz

any1 with kids same age as my Baber?

i recently started to get worried lOlzzzz

think its about time i start sourcing for his Primary school

The info is for last year's registration.

heres the website from MOE:

Ministry of Education, Singapore: Phases of Primary One Registration Exercise

Phases of Primary One Registration Exercise

Category 11: Children who are Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents

Phase 1

For a child who has a sibling studying in a school of choice.
All children registered under this phase will be given places in schools.

Phase 2A1

For a child whose parent is a former student of the school and who has joined the alumni association as a member not later than 30 Jun 2008; or whose parent is a member of the School Advisory/Management Committee.
Announcement of Result: By Friday 10th July 2009

Phase 2A2

For a child whose parent or sibling has studied in the school of choice; or whose parent is a staff member of the school of choice.
Announcement of Result: By Thursday 16th July 2009

Phase 2B2

For a child whose parent has joined the school as a parent volunteer not later than 1 July 2008 and has given at least 40 hours of voluntary service to the school by 30 June 2009; or whose parent is a member endorsed by the church/clan directly connected with the school; or whose parent is endorsed as an active community leader.
Announcement of Result: By Friday 24th July 2009

Phase 2C

For a child who is ineligible for or unsuccessful in earlier phases.
Registration: : Wednesday 29th July 2009, Thursday 30th July 2009 and Friday 31st July 2009
Announcement of Result: By Tuesday 11th August 2009

Phase 2C Supplementary

For a child who is unsuccessful in gaining a place in a school of choice at Phase 2C.
Announcement of Result: By Wednesday 19th August 2009

Category 23: Children who are neither Singapore Citizens nor Singapore Permanent Residents

Phase 3

For a child who is neither a Singapore Citizen nor a Permanent Resident.
Registration and Announcement of Result: Friday 28th August 2009
Footnotes:
  1. <LI id=footnote-1>Should the number of applications exceed the number of vacancies in any phase, places will be balloted according to the following order of priority:
    1. Children living within 1 km of the school of choice.
    2. Children living between 1 km and 2 km of the school of choice.
    3. Children living outside 2 km of the school of choice.
    ↩ <LI id=footnote-2>At the end of Phase 2A(2), 50% of the remaining places will be allocated for phase 2B and the other 50% for Phase 2C registrants in a school. In the event that less than 50% of the allocated vacancies are taken up at Phase 2B, the remaining vacancies will be carried forward to Phase 2C. ↩
  2. Children who are Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents and who have not registered at any of the earlier phases are also eligible to register at this phase. Registration in this phase will be done on a first-come-first-served basis. ↩

camom

There's something new for this yr's reg.. if there's a ballot to be conducted, then S'pore Citizens/PR (not too sure abt PR) will get 2 ballot chances compared to 1 for others.

From my experience last yr, if you intend to send your child to a popular sch, then move as close to the sch as possible, if you are not eligible for the phases earlier than 2B. Best is within 1km.

diymummy

There's something new for this your's reg.. if there's a ballot to be conducted, then S'pore Citizens/PR (not too sure about PR) will get 2 ballot chances compared to 1 for others.

From my experience last your, if you intend to send your child to a popular sch, then move as close to the sch as possible, if you are not eligible for the phases earlier than 2B. Best is within 1km.
Means earlier than 2B phase sure get in if it's a popular school?

camom

Means earlier than 2B phase sure get in if it's a popular school?
Yes so far. Don't forget, Phase 1 is for siblings of existing students and all remaining balance is rolled over to Phases 2A1 & 2A2. Only after these phases will the remaining balance be spilt into 1/2 for Phases 2B & 2C.

My friends played it safe. They joined the alumni of the sch to get in as Phase 2A1.

SAJ Mummy

From my experience last your, if you intend to send your child to a popular sch, then move as close to the sch as possible, if you are not eligible for the phases earlier than 2B. Best is within 1km.[/quote]

Hi, Just like to share abit too - my 2nd child was also a 2005 baby and therefore she is also due for P1 registration next year. Ideally, the best option is to register her together with my 1st child so she will be in the Phase 1 category - sure sure to get a place:Dancing_wub:

But the problem is that my elder gal did not get in the 1st choice of school and thus was into the Pase 2C Supp and gotten into a school which is not "so popular"...Needless to say, we were very disappointed at that time and even until now that she is P2 we are still hoping to transfer her to a "better preferred" school of our choice:embarrassed:

We are residing in Jurong West - parents reading this thread and who stay near my area will understand the "agony" as the number of "popular/good/preferred" primary school is within 5 fingers count...:err:

diymummy

I think I will be KS and join the alumni too :p

Coz I don't think I have any other alternative if my son doesn't get into that school.

camom

Hi, Just like to share abit too - my 2nd child was also a 2005 baby and therefore she is also due for P1 registration next year. Ideally, the best option is to register her together with my 1st child so she will be in the Phase 1 category - sure sure to get a place:Dancing_wub:

But the problem is that my elder gal did not get in the 1st choice of school and thus was into the Pase 2C Supp and gotten into a school which is not "so popular"...Needless to say, we were very disappointed at that time and even until now that she is P2 we are still hoping to transfer her to a "better preferred" school of our choice:embarrassed:

We are residing in Jurong West - parents reading this thread and who stay near my area will understand the "agony" as the number of "popular/good/preferred" primary school is within 5 fingers count...:err:
That's what happened to me too. We just registered her in a sch that has vacancies under Phase 2C supp. But at the same time, I went to waitlist for transfer at a few schs of my choice. Thank god, we managed to get a transfer for her last week.

This is my personal opinion. Factually, results matter a lot. Transfer is much easier if the child's academic results are good. The other option wld be to excel in a niche sports/ECA offered by the sch of choice. Then the probability of getting a successful transfer increases.

Last edited:

CanCanMum

Coz i really lost track of the Pri Schools registration systems and no experience at allllll...........suddenly think its time to start my homework and research lOlzzzzz

Ask u all huhh, is there any difference between Phase 2A1 and Phase 2A2 ???????? Or it only applies for very popular schools????

I intend to put Baber in Cedar Primary School.....if so by when should i join the alumni??????

paiseh really very silly questions asked lOlzzzzz

diymummy

Hi CCM, 2A1 and 2A2 are different.

2A1 are former students + alumni members

2A2 are former students. not alumni members.

If I'm not wrong, if you're registering next year, you should have signed up to be an alumni member by the end of last year.

The phases applies to ALL schools.

CanCanMum

I juz called up the school to ask

wahhh they said last years intake of students till Phase 2A is only 5 students, total is 150 students every year intake.

meaning no need to even join the alumni..........zzzzzzzzzzz

this year july 2010 will need to register liaOOOooooo

camom

I just called up the school to ask

wahhh they said last years intake of students till Phase 2A is only 5 students, total is 150 students every year intake.

meaning no need to even join the alumni..........zzzzzzzzzzz

this year july 2010 will need to register liaOOOooooo
All the best!

stonston

If the primary school is not popular or has no affiliation to a good or well-known secondary school, usually no need to be PV, alumni or grassroot leader.

SAJ Mummy, that's why choosing where you stay is very impt if you have kids. My cousins chose rent another house in Bedok while waiting for their minimum 5years on their own house to be up. They sold their house off once 5 years was up and bought another house in Bedok (near my uncle's house). They moved from Jurong West to Bedok just for their son's school. I personally feel that it's a wise move by them cos I see the boy doing very well in his school.

Daddy D

Alpha Male
If the primary school is not popular or has no affiliation to a good or well-known secondary school, usually no need to be PV, alumni or grassroot leader.

SAJ Mummy, that's why choosing where you stay is very impt if you have kids. My cousins chose rent another house in Bedok while waiting for their minimum 5years on their own house to be up. They sold their house off once 5 years was up and bought another house in Bedok (near my uncle's house). They moved from Jurong West to Bedok just for their son's school. I personally feel that it's a wise move by them cos I see the boy doing very well in his school.
Dun work for me... opp my house is popular pri sch... <1KM must ballot... I <500M also must ballot... TMD.... touch wood... hope dun need take sch bus next time to go further sch....

camom

*Tongue in cheek*

must make sure your kid excels academically, then can choose which sch he wants to go.

stonston

dont work for me... opp my house is popular pri sch... <1KM must ballot... I <500M also must ballot... TMD.... touch wood... hope dont need take sch bus next time to go further sch....
My cousin did PV and grassroot to increase their chances of enroling their son there!