Primary 1 registration for Kids born in 2005

stonston

Ballot works like this:
If there are 50 vacancies and 60 applicants, they will filter out.
First filter: within 1km. If all 60 applicants are within 1km, they will ballot straightaway. Those living outside 1km can forget about trying.
Second filter: let's say only 30 applicants are withing 1km, the remaining 30 are within 1-2km, then those in 1-2km will be subjected to balloting. Those within 1km are confirm in. Those outside 2km are confirm out.
Third filter: let's say 20 applicants within 1km, 20 applicants within 2km. All 40 applicants will get in. Left with 10 vacancies but 20 applicants who live outside 2km. Then they will ballot and only 10 will get in.

There are 'more popular' methodist schools. So if you simply want your child to be in a methodist school, can try your luck at the less popular ones.
The advantage of being at Phase 2B is that if you fail to get a school at this point, you can go try another school at Phase 2C.
If you register and Phase 2C and fail, then you will have to compete for very limited slots and schools which hv vacancies and by then, usually the popular schools or better known schools will be full (doesn't mean they are top schools, but might be popular within your area).

BTW, can PM me which church is this? Cos membership is usually given to whoever who is a baptised Christian and attends/serves the church regularly.

esteelim

Stonston,

trully appreciate your very prompt and detail advice. I understand the balloting system better now.

Good to know that that m'ship is given to baptised Christians, who serves the church regularly. I've been a believer since school days. Baptised in my teen. The Lord has truly blessed me thro'out my life, in spite of going thro' the 'dark valleys' as a caregiver to my aged mother. In spite of having no other family members' help, my own bible study group had given very good emotional and spiritual support over the years. Knowing my walk is 'not alone' and God is always walking by my side, it has helped me to grow as a Child of God without feeling 'lonely', until I met my hubby. Having married past 40, did not expect to have any children, altho' I love children. Now, you've already guessed - He blessed me further with my son (healthy, curious as ever, etc). I hope to have God's wisdom in managing this boy, as sometimes he's got his own mind or just listen to himself. We try to expose him thro' mission trips to learn to serve & to be thankful for all that he has. Often times, it's very effective, b'cos whenever he forgets, we'll remind him of what he saw at the mission orphange or the community we visited. Very thankful in my heart &just hope this boy grow to listen to His "still small voice". Of course, my life is a testimony esp to encourage those who have heavy burdens, feel alone, find life meaningless to know that there is a God who loves, walk by your side, and gives you strength to carry on.

Thankful that you're kind in heart. I do not really want to discuss the church in question. Man may fail us, but God will never. It is only the situation that created the 'need' to adopt such approach. Esp when there are individuals, anxious to get advantage for their children, get m'ship but leave after that. Think this is the only M church adopt approach. So, we'll continue to seek what the Lord allows us to consciously walk according to His plan. Even, if it is relying on our current capability, without getting that "membership". We will continue to serve in our current roles as long as we are joyous in Him.

Not familiar with the meaning of "PM". I need to learn alot of the younger generation's forum lingo. Seen this term used quite frequently.

Bless you.

naughty_mummy

hi mummies! does any1 of u know of any good/popular school in AMK??
its my 1st child going to P1 nxt yr...very nervous, xcited & all sorts of feelings.....lol!!:Dancing_tongue:pls update me of any usefull & important things. thxxxx:Dancing_wub:

raeka

May I know I'm not a former student in the school or doing alumni . I only stay 1-2 mm is under which phase ?

J82

Me...either enjoy my dear son to Bukit Panjang PS or Beacon PS but i am 1.5km away. Really need to pray hard.
U register under which Phase? If P2C for BPPS, it will ballot within 1km and Beacon will also ballot within 2km leh.

ebond

I will be enrolling my son to St Joseph Jnr as my hubby is old St Mic boys, I suppose we are under 2A2 but we are staying just outside 2 KM thus am wondering if anyone know if I will be subject to ballot.

blueyhippo

you register under which Phase? If P2C for BPPS, it will ballot within 1km and Beacon will also ballot within 2km .
I have to register under phase 2C. Now I was thinking to register him under Greenridge Primary school instead. I see that Beacon doesn't have much CCA.
Which school are u registering your son?

henny

Hi mummies

My boy is under Phase 2C. The chances of being balloted is quite slim. So I'm trying to source for an alternative school in case we don't get the school of choice.

Apart from the popular schools, how can we find out what the other schools nearby are strong / good in?

veronica

this thread seems dead before the start of Pri 1 reg...

I hope all of the mummies here managed to secure ideal school successfully...

jacsplace

Unfortunately, I did not secure the ideal school. Although I think the school we've ended up with might not be too bad. It's called Stamford Primary. Anyone with any kids there and who can share their experiences?

xiaodaisy

Unfortunately, I did not secure the ideal school. Although I think the school we've ended up with might not be too bad. It's called Stamford Primary. Anyone with any kids there and who can share their experiences?
is it at Lavender area there?