purchase of prams and electric breast pumps

JazN

we bought the gracco citilite have not got used to navigating the pram as first time using with NB. we find the maclearan ones with those huge wheels impractical heavy to carry also.

FYI you should not stack your shopping bags on the pram the sales person kindly told us and i've seen people who do use the pram like a mini trolley, & it will topple the pram over. u don't want this happening in the event your baby is inside NO NO...

i was stil shopping in 2nd/3rd trimester. 1st trimester was more like in a sleeping mode.

i like medela mini electric breast pump works out great & it's the best & well-known brand

I bought quite a lot of items during taka baby sales, esp if u have their credit card you get to enjoy rebates on top of the sales item. unfortunately this has already passed, not sure if they have another upcoming one. u may check out their website, events section

arn0432

Alpha Male
hi everyone
is there any good recommendations on which brand to buy for the prams and electric milk pumps?
and where is it the place to get these stuff cheap?
i am now thirteen weeks pregnant, am i too early to buy these stuff now?
cos now is the great singapore sale so hopefully can save some by buying now
Hi snowy28, i bought my baby stroller wen she is 3mths old and we bought pegperego pliko,good stroller its only dat its quite heavy and you cnnt actually switch your view of the baby unless you opt for pliko switch or uno. price range not so bad like quinny..to me quinny like so small for d baby d pegperego is like very spacious for my lil one..love combi prams too but my hubby love d pegperego.

why dont you go to d baby hypermart at UBI then maybe you can test it out.so at least you knw which one open and close better. or wait for the TAKA fair which i heard coming 7 august 09.

its good for you 2 buy newborn stuff there like diaper and wipes they go for a cheap price.i dont tink its too early for you to buy tings now just buy bits and pieces of d important things is enough.oh ya do buy madela breast pump they are good..

Regards
Arin

mummypooh

Hi snowy28, i bought my baby stroller wen she is 3mths old and we bought pegperego pliko,good stroller its only dat its quite heavy and you cnnt actually switch your view of the baby unless you opt for pliko switch or uno. price range not so bad like quinny..to me quinny like so small for d baby d pegperego is like very spacious for my lil one..love combi prams too but my hubby love d pegperego.

why dont you go to d baby hypermart at UBI then maybe you can test it out.so at least you knw which one open and close better. or wait for the TAKA fair which i heard coming 7 august 09.

its good for you 2 buy newborn stuff there like diaper and wipes they go for a cheap price.i dont tink its too early for you to buy tings now just buy bits and pieces of d important things is enough.oh ya do buy madela breast pump they are good..

Regards
Arin
Hi Arin,

May i know what's the address for the baby hypermart at UBI? IS there a wide variety of bebe stuffs and afforable prices?

Im 17wks pregnant now, is it too early to stock up on the diapers & wipes during sales? Which type of wipes is better? HEard that the newborn bebe will outgrown d diapers v fast, if so how many packs of NB sizes shld i get; or shld i stock up diapers which r one size bigger;i.e. medium size?

Im also interested to get the Medela electric pump,however there are a few different models such as Medela Freestyle, mini electric pump. Any recommendations?

Cheers
Mummypooh.

jopeck

BMSG Moderator
PRAM

I've used combi for two babies. Reason... its small (can go through supermarket aisles and mrt gantryways)... its easy to close with one hand... its light (can pick up with one hand)... it stays closed (some actually pop open and need a latch to stay shut).

those factors were important to me because I travelled by public transport and had either one or two other kids with me. With my third baby, it was pram, sling and preschooler!

PUMPS

I'd advice not buying the pump til after the baby has arrived. Reason... give yourself time to learn how to breastfeed and decide if you're gonna do it for the long term. Also, you'd have a better idea of what to look for in a pump by that stage. At the moment its really only theory for you.

You can look around now and develop a wishlist of sorts... but only buy after the birth.

ya, i agree with Jopeck.. dun buy now 1st.. i have 3 stroller, end up still prefer to carry her ard.. 2 beds and now she doesnt want 2 slp liao also.. Sure have time buy after birth de..

arn0432

Alpha Male
Hi Arin,

May i know what's the address for the baby hypermart at UBI? IS there a wide variety of bebe stuffs and afforable prices?

Im 17wks pregnant now, is it too early to stock up on the diapers & wipes during sales? Which type of wipes is better? HEard that the newborn bebe will outgrown d diapers very fast, if so how many packs of NB sizes shld i get; or shld i stock up diapers which are one size bigger;i.e. medium size?

Im also interested to get the Medela electric pump,however there are a few different models such as Medela Freestyle, mini electric pump. Any recommendations?

Cheers
Mummypooh.
Hi Mummypooh

Here is the hypermart address :
Baby kingdom - 83 Kaki Bukit Ave 1 #01-00 Shun Li industrial park
-sell combi prams,baby wipes,shampoo and other toileteries,nuk bottles
Baby Hypermart - 69 Kaki Bukit Ave 1 Shun Li Industrial Park
-sell pegperego,quinny,mclaren stollers,maxicost babyseat,baby bjorn carriers

the prices range for some baby stuff at baby kingdom is slightly cheaper and d prams if i'm not wrg can be slightly cheaper than outside.

for wipes and toileteries things you can start buying wen you are in your third trimester,i used johnson & johnson wipes before very good and thick but only it doesn't come out piece by piece so now change to pigeon brand. my daughter use her "newborn" size diapers till she is 1mth plus after dat hav to change to "S" size."newborn" size good to stock up as BF baby tend to poopoo more(i like pampers,huggies and mamypoko).
you dont hav to rush to buy tings now but you cn try to walk around and see where is convinent for you to buy later on at your third trimester.i started shopping wen i'm at my third trimester before dat i walk2 and see2 only,althou got back pain but walking is good 4 you during those period.

for breast pump i only buy wen my baby is 1 month old cause i want to BF w/o trying to pump it unless neccessary..i bought madela mini electric pump.

hope my info helps you..anyway you knw d gender of your baby yet??

Regards
Arin

For diapers, average shld outgrow newborn size after 1mth -2mth..
S size are suitable for 3kg up..
M size around 6kg up.. probably ard 3-4mths old..

Dun need to stock up too many, end up have to sell away.
Just get one packet, if going to finish den buy.

For strollers, i got mine when i was 6mth+ pregnant.
Cus i knew ard 8mth, im too tired to go around looking.

For playpen, i got pass down, almost brand new, cus some dun slp.
save some money as well

mummypooh

Hi Mummypooh

Here is the hypermart address :
Baby kingdom - 83 Kaki Bukit Ave 1 #01-00 Shun Li industrial park
-sell combi prams,baby wipes,shampoo and other toileteries,nuk bottles
Baby Hypermart - 69 Kaki Bukit Ave 1 Shun Li Industrial Park
-sell pegperego,quinny,mclaren stollers,maxicost babyseat,baby bjorn carriers

the prices range for some baby stuff at baby kingdom is slightly cheaper and d prams if i'm not wrg can be slightly cheaper than outside.

for wipes and toileteries things you can start buying wen you are in your third trimester,i used johnson & johnson wipes before very good and thick but only it doesn't come out piece by piece so now change to pigeon brand. my daughter use her "newborn" size diapers till she is 1mth plus after dat hav to change to "S" size."newborn" size good to stock up as BF baby tend to poopoo more(i like pampers,huggies and mamypoko).
you dont hav to rush to buy tings now but you cn try to walk around and see where is convinent for you to buy later on at your third trimester.i started shopping wen i'm at my third trimester before dat i walk2 and see2 only,althou got back pain but walking is good 4 you during those period.

for breast pump i only buy wen my baby is 1 month old cause i want to BF w/o trying to pump it unless neccessary..i bought madela mini electric pump.

hope my info helps you..anyway you knw d gender of your baby yet??

Hi Arin,

Thanks u so much for the info...:) As for the baby bjorn carrier at baby hypermart, hw many % cheaper compared to thos department stores?

I have aldy started to buy here & there....but i will defintely source 1st b4 i buy....esp those big tickets items like the breast pumps... I tint by now...i have bought most of the items except for pram,car sit...breast pump....cot bed... but also worry whether my baby wana to sleep in d cot or prefer to sleep w my hubby n me.keke

Ohhh yes, when i went for my 20wks detailed scanning, we finally found out tat my baby is a boy.:wong19:.. i duno whether my boy will outgrow v fast of those NB size diapers...*)

One qns, if breast-feeding can we express out the milk& feed the baby on bottle also...so as to let the baby used to bottle feeding when the baby grow bigger?

Cheers
Mummypooh

sunshinyday

dear mommies,

not sure why so many parents are going to such lengths to buy expensive prams when there are cheaper alternatives and more important things you need to understand to care for your baby prior to delivery such as:

(1) wearing your baby with a piece of cloth, using a baby sling/pouch. visit this website: www.wearyourbaby.com to understand the benefits of babywearing vs pram. TheBabyWearer.com - Benefits of Babywearing

(2) go to the library and read up about attachment parenting and breastfeeding in order to understand baby's needs. visit breastfeeding support groups prior to delivery to understand the kind of support you will need before your baby is born besides the pram.

take care.
sunshinyday