Puree

apollo

what u mean by how long?? toddlers? i dun puree the food for my 16mth old alrdy. since 10mth onwards i stopped doing tt =)

newbie2009

what you mean by how long?? toddlers? i dont puree the food for my 16mth old alrdy. since 10mth onwards i stopped doing that =)
haha. coz my son, though now is 1y/o, but yet I am still puree-ing the food for him.

Does that mean ur toddler already start to eat chucky food? My boy still dun have much teeth. Only 6 teeth currently. No molar teeth yet. The elderlys in the family are worried that he might get choked on food. Haiz.

apollo

haha. coz my son, though now is 1y/o, but yet I am still puree-ing the food for him.

Does that mean your toddler already start to eat chucky food? My boy still dont have much teeth. Only 6 teeth currently. No molar teeth yet. The elderlys in the family are worried that he might get choked on food. sigh.
ehh when ds was ard 10mth old, he also had 6 teeth only.. actu they can use their gum to 'chew' as long as the food is not hard. my mum was the one who tell me to let him try 'harder' texture and also, he can chew quite well esp when we tell him to chew his food and also show him hw to do. =)

candy_ian

MY son stopped his porridge at 10 months as he likes chunky texture. That's when we introduce rice with soup n noodles. Now he's takes rice like us n dishes. It doesn't matter how many teeth the baby have cos they use their gums to mash the food.. :) my son only has 2 upper n 2 lower when he was 10 months old

newbie2009

MY son stopped his porridge at 10 months as he likes chunky texture. That's when we introduce rice with soup n noodles. Now he's takes rice like us n dishes. It doesn't matter how many teeth the baby have cos they use their gums to mash the food.. :) my son only has 2 upper n 2 lower when he was 10 months old
thanx for all the encouragement, will try to get my son to start with the chewing.

apollo

thanx for all the encouragement, will try to get my son to start with the chewing.
u can start by cooking thicker porridge, make it less watery, duncook for too long.. slowly let him get used to it den u can start with rice, put more water to cook the rice so it will be softer. =)

newbie2009

you can start by cooking thicker porridge, make it less watery, duncook for too long.. slowly let him get used to it then you can start with rice, put more water to cook the rice so it will be softer. =)
my porridge have been pretty thick all the while. Might have to try to add less water.

I did try to let him try with rice. He kinda likes it. I think he literally swollow the rice grains. We feed him one grain at a time.

newbie2009

ehh when dear son was around 10mth old, he also had 6 teeth only.. actually they can use their gum to 'chew' as long as the food is not hard. my mum was the one who tell me to let him try 'harder' texture and also, he can chew quite well esp when we tell him to chew his food and also show him hw to do. =)
how old is your son now? what are the food u will normally feed him when he is around 1y/o? Lately been trying out food for him, but its like the food he eat is the same every few days. any recommendation?

apollo

how old is your son now? what are the food you will normally feed him when he is around 1y/o? Lately been trying out food for him, but its like the food he eat is the same every few days. any recommendation?
he is 16mth old now. aft 1yo, i intro him ABC macaroni, mee sua and rice. and also mushroom, tomato etc.. actu aft 1yo, there are plenty of foods they can take. just watch out for any allergy symptoms like rashes.. I also gave ds prawns and lobster at ard 14mth. he was okay with prawns but allergy to lobster, his tummy was full of rashes the next morning.

what are the foods u usually gives him?

candy_ian

My son started taking pasta bolognese, baked rice, rice with dishes, noodles soup, home made chawanmushi, potato salad etc after he turned one. All these home made n occasional outside food

newbie2009

he is 16mth old now. after 1yo, i intro him ABC macaroni, mee sua and rice. and also mushroom, tomato etc.. actually after 1yo, there are plenty of foods they can take. just watch out for any allergy symptoms like rashes.. I also gave dear son prawns and lobster at around 14mth. he was okay with prawns but allergy to lobster, his tummy was full of rashes the next morning.

what are the foods you usually gives him?
my son is currently having fish porridge, puree vegetables, then steamed potatoes, or steamed carrots, else will be steam sweet potato. If not will try to give him egg tofu, or just steam tofu. And maybe egg. that is as far as he eats.

apollo

my son is currently having fish porridge, puree vegetables, then steamed potatoes, or steamed carrots, else will be steam sweet potato. If not will try to give him egg tofu, or just steam tofu. And maybe egg. that is as far as he eats.
how abt pork n chk?? can slowly let him try all these. =)

meiteoh

The general rule for shellfish (prawn, lobster, clams, scallops, etc) and peanuts is to wait till 2 yo before introducing as most allergic reactions can be life-threatening.

Re purees, Eva still gets puree but most of the time, I mix it in with other foods like broccoli florets, diced veg, pasta, etc. So it's not your typical smooth puree. I also turn it into angmoh soup by adding milk - cuts back on the cooking time - and she loves it. :)

Stan

Does that mean your toddler already start to eat chucky food? My boy still dont have much teeth. Only 6 teeth currently. No molar teeth yet. The elderlys in the family are worried that he might get choked on food. sigh.
I am still puree-ing the food too... cos if i make it a bit more chunky, she will spit out the chunks or use her fingers to take out and show me... no choice lor.