Qns for Mummies with 9mths old infants

norfen

For mommies with 9 mths old infants,
got a few qns. to ask,

1. how's your lil' one's milk feeding like? eg. how many hours interval

2. is your baby sleeping througout the night?

3. how many times do you feed him/her solids in a day?

thanks!

jxmummy

got a few qns. to ask,

thanks!
(3 hours interval)

(yes)

(porridge in the afternoon(11am) and evening(6pm), in between feeds will be snacks, fruits & FM)

hope it helps!

apollo

(3 hours interval)

(yes)

(porridge in the afternoon(11am) and evening(6pm), in between feeds will be snacks, fruits & FM)

hope it helps!
jxmummy, may i noe hw much milk ur baby is drinking per day?? mind sharing? cos i not sure whether ds is drinking too much.. TIA :001_302:

Phoebii Cheng

Hi,

got a few qns. to ask,

When my son was 9 mths, he drank 3hrs interval

No, my son only slept thru the night when he was abt 10mths

He is at the infant care, so he only had lunch, porridge in the day and snacks once in the morning, and in the evening abt 3pm, he take dinner only sometimes, but most times he wants milk

Even if he take solid, it is not much, sometimes quarter of a bowl of porridge, sometimes half :tlaugh:

thanks!
How abt ur son?

sugarcookie

norfen,

My girl is 10mths now. But when she was 9mths:

- Every 3 hours (about 180ml-210ml each time, but not always. Can be as low as 100ml)

- Only sometimes :(

- Once. I'm rather conservative when it comes to solids. Planning to introduce two meals only when she turns 1.

jxmummy

jxmummy, may i know hw much milk your baby is drinking per day?? mind sharing? cos i not sure whether dear son is drinking too much.. TIA :001_302:
she's drinking ard 200ml - 220ml every interval, so she's having 3 milk feeds per day, add up will be ard 600ml - 660ml per day.

hope it helps!

when my boys ard 9 mths they drinks every 4 hrs ard 140 ml (sometimes lesser)

yes they sleep through the night but occasionally will stir in the middle of the night

porridge ard 12 noon and 6 pm.

NursMama

My gal will be 9mths in 2weeks time.
my answers below :001_302:

got a few qns. to ask,

200ml-240ml every 3hrs

yes, most of the nights

this i'm not sure coz my mum looks after her during the day when i'm at work... maybe once, porridge... and in between snacks like biscuits

thanks!

diymummy

For my son, at 9 mths

(1) Drinks 210ml at 8am, 2pm and 8pm. Sometimes 8pm feed is more, like 240ml or 270ml. Drinks 120ml at 11am and 5pm after his solids.

So as you can see my feeding times are every 3 hrs.

As a rough gauge, children below 1 yo should be drinking between 600-800ml of milk daily.

(2) Yes, except during the last growth spurt which takes place at around 9 mths. Lasts for abt a week after that continued to sleep through.

(3) 2 meals a day. 11am porridge, 5pm cereal. No snacks. He hates snacks.

PinkDiamonds

(1) Drinks 180ml at 9am, 2pm (naptime), 8pm (bedtime).

(2) Yes sleeping through the night since 4 months.

(3) 12noon porridge/cereal/ABC pasta, snacks after naptime like biscuits & fruits & 5pm porridge/cereal/ABC pasta.

norfen

got a few qns. to ask,

thanks!

My 9-mth old girl is drinking abt 180-220ml every 3 hourly too.. Seems like that's the common interval taking for most mommies here. But sometimes she can go w/o milk for more than 3 hrs at a stretch cos she'd be busy playing during the day. I tried giving her when its time for milk and she refused.
They are very active and playful during the day, aren't they?

So far, she has been waking up once only,(except for those occasional one or 2x when she actually slept like a log!) for me to change her pampers, give her milk and then I crawl back to sleep. She'd finish her milk and go back to sleep on her own when she's done. so, not so much complaints from me. :p

Just a qn. for those mommies whose babies are sleeping throughout the night (oh how i envy u!), my daughter sleeps at 8.30pm-ish to 9pm every day, with her last feeding at 6pm..do u think that's y she wakes up at least once for milk? for urself, do u feed ur son/daughter right before they go to sleep?

and, if they are sleeping throughout the night, what time do they usually wake up? won't their diapers be soiled or wet by then?

My maid feeds her porridge in the morning around 8am, some fruits/ Healthy Times snacks around noon and the last porridge feeding would be at 5.30pm.
at what age do they start taking 3 meals a day?

sorry for the many qns! :embarrassed:

nancy

As I'm breastfeeding (baby is 8 and 1/2 months), hence I'm not sure how much my girl is drinking.

She slept through the night when she was 4 months old. But since last dec when she was 6 months plus, she suddely woke up crying and I had to put her to sleep beside me (till now too) and nurse her to sleep. Pple told me that it was due to teething and it will last around 1 month. but nearly 2 months had passed and she's still waking up 1 or 2 times in the night crying. Hence I either nurse her to sleep or give her pacifier. Hope that she will sleep thro the night again when I return to work next month.

My girl's last feed is 9 plus and then she will either sleep at 9 plus or 10 plus. She will wake up at around 8am the next morning after having her morning feed at 5plus or 6 plus.

She will take her cereal at 9-9.30am, porridge & fruits at 11-11.30am and brown rice cereal at 5-5.30pm. I will nurse her in between those solids. Every 3 hourly and sometimes earlier or later depending on the needs (eg she will nap and wake up later or I will feed her to disengorge my breasts). Started my 3 solids when she is 7 months.

Starting to give her some snacks (organic apple puffs) recently.

NursMama

my gal's last feeding would be bet 8pm-10pm (will change her diaper before bedtime) and she'll wake up bet 6am-7am for her first feeding of the day... will also change her diaper after she wakes up ... she'll doze off again after 8am and her bath :001_302:

Last edited:

diymummy

Hi norfen,

Usually children below 1 yo can do well with just 2 meals and at least 600-800ml of milk daily.

Now my son is 13.5 mths but I am reluctant to start the 3rd meal because I am concerned abt his liquid intake.

jxmummy

my girl last feeding of milk is ard 9plus, change her diaper and she will go to bed after that. she will sleep through all the way till 7 or 8plus in the morning, then we will change her diaper and feed her milk again.

apollo

norfen, ds is 8mths old now.. usually his last feed is ard 9.30-10.30pm.. if he slp at 7-8pm, he will definitely wakes up again at 9+ for his last milk feed. if he drink milk at ard 7.30-8pm and fell aslp at 9pm, we will still 'wake' him up for milk at 11pm as well as to change his diaper.. =)

same as diymummy, i feel tt 2meals of solid food is enough.. and my mum taught me to give as much milk as possible to ds, esp when he doesnt eat much solid foods at times.. she said milk is more impt at his stage =)

jo_mum

Hi, my baby is 9 mths 3 weekss now.

A: 3 hours interval , morning 210ml, afternoon/night 180ml

A: Yes

A: 2 times a day. usually he takes solids for lunch and dinner but will start giving 3 meals starting tomorrow coz the nurse told me that he should be taking 3 meals a day already when I went for his 9th mth assessment today.

jo_mum

(1) Drinks 180ml at 9am, 2pm (naptime), 8pm (bedtime).

(2) Yes sleeping through the night since 4 months.

(3) 12noon porridge/cereal/ABC pasta, snacks after naptime like biscuits & fruits & 5pm porridge/cereal/ABC pasta.
Hi, how you cook the ABC pasta? Can share with us the recipe?

kenxf_03

Hi Norfen,

got a few qns. to ask,

Ds is currently drinking 240ml 4 hourly interval.

Ds will wake up once for his feed on some nites.

Twice. Cereal in the noon and porridge in the evening.

thanks!