QR code scan using mobile back camera in shiny web app

raciohurg

Hi,

I am developing a shiny web application that enables users to read QR codes using their mobile camera. At present, I am utilizing the quadrangle library to capture images from the camera and decode the codes. However, I am exploring alternative methods that would enable me to read QR codes without capturing images.

I have attempted to use JavaScript to access the mobile camera and capture the image for QR code decoding, but I have not been able to resolve the decoding issue. Can anyone suggest an approach that would allow me to read QR codes without capturing images using JavaScript?

Alienka

I'm not very familiar with the quadrangle library, but I hope someone in the community can provide some alternative methods for reading QR codes without capturing images using JavaScript.

On a separate note, have you heard about Smart Engines? It's a cutting-edge technology that enables automatic and eco-friendly document scanning and OCR from photos, scans, or even live video, with no data transfer needed! I think it could be a really helpful tool for businesses and organizations looking to streamline their document processing. Let me know if you're interested in learning more about it!