Question about non-stick pan

snowbear

Hi mummies, just wondering how many of you use non-stick pan to cook for your darlings. I noticed some 'cracks' (more like little white dots) in the non-stick pan material and i'm wondering if there'd be toxins in the food if i continue to cook using the pan..

stonston

I've used non-stick pans for so long, i've never encountered cracks or white spots. What brand are you using?

For non-stick pans, once the surface is damaged, you should replace it.

annie

im using non stick pans n so far no cracks etc also. agree with stonston, should change once there is cracks or scratches cos bacteria can go in...

snowbear

All my Tefal pans last for years! Did you use metal spoon/fork/utensils on it? Anyway, it's best to get it changed.
I did coz it's an egg pan so i thot it's easier to use utensils to cook the food.

What shld i use in place of the utensils next time, bearing in mind that it's a tiny pan?

stonston

I did coz it's an egg pan so i thot it's easier to use utensils to cook the food.

What shld i use in place of the utensils next time, bearing in mind that it's a tiny pan?
NEVER EVER use metal utensils on your nonstick pan. You should use wood or specially designed plastic/rubber utensils.

I normally use wooden spatula or wooden frying slice. It came free with my Tefal pan many many many years ago.

snowbear

NEVER EVER use metal utensils on your nonstick pan. You should use wood or specially designed plastic/rubber utensils.

I normally use wooden spatula or wooden frying slice. It came free with my Tefal pan many many many years ago.
Thanks! The egg pan didn't come with the wooden spatula while my bigger pan did.

Btw, sidetrack a bit, do you happen to know how much molasses to put to replace 1/2cup sugar (I'm baking muffins again using a different recipe)? Thanks.