Question abt Quinny Buzz

jasline26

hi all mommies who is using quinny buzz, i just got a buzz from mother care but i got something still not understand.

- is it normal that when i lift up the pram when its locked, it will sometimes auto unlock? is there anyway to prevent it?
- is there anyway to loosen the auto unlock thing? it seems abit diff to push down.
- my ds is abt nearly 2 mths, is it better to buy dreami for infant less then 6mths old?

icehody

hi all mommies who is using quinny buzz, i just got a buzz from mother care but i got something still not understand.

- is it normal that when i lift up the pram when its locked, it will sometimes auto unlock? is there anyway to prevent it?
- is there anyway to loosen the auto unlock thing? it seems abit diff to push down.
- my ds is abt nearly 2 mths, is it better to buy dreami for infant less then 6mths old?

Hi,

Are you talking abt the brakes or the clip like lock upon collapsing the stroller?

I put my girl on the XL seat when she was 3 mths old. The XL seat have 2 recline: 1 is totally level, perhaps might suits her. You may want to try this at home to see how she feels.

Bassinet is a preference. My girl hates it and I only used it at home as a portable cot. So if I am at lounge room, I will bring the bassinet and sit it in a corner so that I can watch her and TV at the sametime!!

Hope this helps.

Btw, did you get the stroller locally? Wondering what is yr warranty like? I got mine in Aus.

cheers.

jasline26

Hi,

Are you talking abt the brakes or the clip like lock upon collapsing the stroller?

I put my girl on the XL seat when she was 3 mths old. The XL seat have 2 recline: 1 is totally level, perhaps might suits her. You may want to try this at home to see how she feels.

Bassinet is a preference. My girl hates it and I only used it at home as a portable cot. So if I am at lounge room, I will bring the bassinet and sit it in a corner so that I can watch her and TV at the sametime!!

Hope this helps.

Btw, did you get the stroller locally? Wondering what is yr warranty like? I got mine in Aus.

cheers.
sorry for my poor english XD
i talking abt the clipp when u folded the pram. it seems unclip easily when u try to lift it up. u got this problem??

i bought it local at mother care. it has 1 yr warranty from mother care.

yummy mummy

hi!

yeah...i experienced it too when we first got the buzz. which model is yours? the older models will have a strap to keep the pushchair close when folded, like so:

mine is the '08, and we don't have this strap, unfortunately. but i hardly have the problem of it auto unfolding once it is collapse. you must be careful not to lift the stroller by the bar, this will of course cause the stroller to unlock and unfold. :) try lifting it from the side, by the stroller chassis itself. this will eliminate the problem. :)

As for the effort required to push down...because of the gas lift unfold the Buzz works in the opposite manner of other strollers. It is not a huge effort that is needed, but it is pushing against some resistance. Furthermore the push needs to be in the right direction. Rather than pushing down you need to push forward towards the front wheel. Definitely something that takes a bit of getting used to.

again, which model is yours? I am told by the mothercare staff, the '07 model is truly difficult to close. mine is the '08, and so far ours hasnt been a problem. :) phew!

for babies less than 6months, it is recommended you use either the maxi cosi or the dreami cot, so baby's posture is not affected. perhaps what you can do is sit the stroller in the reverse position, cos there is one recline position that reclines all the way back, so this may not be too bad on baby's posture? just a thought. :)

jasline26

mine is 2009 version. i got the clip only.
it always unfold when i wanted to put in car.
my son is around 2 mths but i didnt buy any car sit or deami..is it a must?
:Dancing_wub:

icehody

Hi,

I agreed with Yummy Mummy. Mine is 08 model and sometimes hv the same problem with the collapsing.

Hey just saw from the other thread that someone is selling Quinny quite cheap, wondering will this affect those that paid double for it??? I don't think Quinny pricing for their distributors is that cheap?? Cos some will imposed on MSRP. Else I don't mind getting Stokke or Bugaboo for so much cheaper!!

Oh, also, must baby be 6mths and older in order to sit on the XL seat? I put my girl when she turns 3 mths!! I think as long as she can hold her head up, should be fine??

Last edited:

yummy mummy

Hi,

I agreed with Yummy Mummy. Mine is 08 model and sometimes hv the same problem with the collapsing.

Hey just saw from the other thread that someone is selling Quinny quite cheap, wondering will this affect those that paid double for it??? I don't think Quinny pricing for their distributors is that cheap?? Cos some will imposed on MSRP. Else I don't mind getting Stokke or Bugaboo for so much cheaper!!

Oh, also, must baby be 6mths and older in order to sit on the XL seat? I put my girl when she turns 3 mths!! I think as long as she can hold her head up, should be fine??
hi icehody,

yeah, i was quite peeved when i saw that the '07 model has dropped to $699! we paid $1168 for ours! and now first few years is selling the '09 for $992.

very very annoyed. heh.
when we bought the quinny, we felt quite good about owning one of the premium stroller brands...but now with the price slash, quinny is so common in the malls and streets! :tlaugh:yesterday alone, i saw seven quinny's while we were out. its not a premium stroller anymore lor...and this is quite upsetting considering the price we paid for it.

so...DH and i are gonna sell it off. :(
we're considering either the stokke or cameleon now.
at least we know they wont slash their prices like quinny has. grrr... :001_302: