Question regarding register of baby birth

IcyTaz

Hi all mummies, just want to check, when you register for baby do you have to provide both parents IC? or marriage cert is sufficient. can baby take mother's surname? i on separation terms with my husband.

Phoebii Cheng

Hi all mummies, just want to check, when you register for baby do you have to provide both parents IC? or marriage cert is sufficient. can baby take mother's surname? i on separation terms with my husband.
When you register at KKH, the marriage cert is sufficient....however you are on seperation term with your hubby, I don't think bb can take your surname, unless you are not married bf and also, if you hv no intention of putting hubby's name on BC then you need to go down ICA to do, you can do enquiry over there too

IcyTaz

Thanks. if i don't take any maintaince from my husband and he shall not have the access to the bb. he agrees to it so there's a problem if the ICA ppl or KK ppl insist that the bb father to produce ic. i won't be able to find him as i don even know where he's staying right now. if i don't put father name in the birth cert bb will be term as illegitimate child becoz i'm legally married to him and have not divorce just on deed of separation. quite frustrating... = (

IcyTaz

i called kk to ask they insist on producing both parents ic.
then i called ICA, they say it's the requirement that both parents ic have to be produced if not the birth cert can't be done. worst thing is i'm married to him and he's the natural dad he have to go down to do it.
he said if he's going down to do it he wants to claim the visitation right of the child... it's hell... means i've to keep on hassle with him... = (

Phoebii Cheng

Mayb you let them KKH or ICA knows that both of you are on seperation at the moment & he is nowhere to be located? see what they say? if worse case, no choice then you got to add his name on BC.....

If he wants visitation rights its oke, but he got to pay for maintainence of the child too, tell him tht.....and see what he says

IcyTaz

yes KK will know. when i register at KK they've already got the information and ask him to come down for blood test.
i called KK and ICA they say he need to produce his IC and he needs to be present when doing the BC. as we are separated not divorce he still have to do all this personally...
if i take his maintaince money i would have to hassle with him for the rest of my life... thought it'll be better if we could draw the line clear...

Phoebii Cheng

But on grounds that you are seperated and the hubby nowwhere to be found, cannot put your name & bb's name on BC?

IcyTaz

can but bb will be term as illegitimate child. cause in the eyes of law i'm married to him by not putting his name in the BC bb will not be eligible to have CDA acct and edusave etc... but i find s'pore law very weird. put both parents name in but y cant follow mummy's surname???

adelynn

i'm not sure about putting only mummy's surname in the BC, but for my girl her BC has both daddy's & mummy's surname. We intentionally did it this way (we have some reason behind it) and no eyes were raised nor questions asked by ICA

IcyTaz

you mean can put both surname?? can put mummy's one 1st then daddy's???

i'm not sure about putting only mummy's surname in the BC, but for my girl her BC has both daddy's & mummy's surname. We intentionally did it this way (we have some reason behind it) and no eyes were raised nor questions asked by ICA

IceQueenie

For me.. I'm in the same situation with u.. Am on seperation terms with my husband.. and i wont give him any access to my baby..
So I checked with my gynae, at Mount A.. he said it's ok if i doesnt want to indicate my husband name on bb's birth cert..

Hmm.. Not v sure abt the complications too..
Coz i saw in other forum that some of the mummies gave birth n cert does not have their father's name as they happen to be not ard at the moment and what they do is to go ICA to add in father's name..

Omg.. after reading ur post, i think i better go check it out with my lawyer... SIGH...

ilovemykids

This is an old post but I'm hoping that I can still get some advice. How was this resolved? Can mother register baby without husband/father's name? I'm going through divorce process with my soon to be ex husband and he doesn't want my baby though it's his child. I'm stuck with the birth cert registration as he doesn't want his name in there and I do not want his name in there too. How was it resolved at ICA? Can I register as single mother without father's name?

Gladygladys

This is an old post but I'm hoping that I can still get some advice. How was this resolved? Can mother register baby without husband/father's name? I'm going through divorce process with my soon to be ex husband and he doesn't want my baby though it's his child. I'm stuck with the birth cert registration as he doesn't want his name in there and I do not want his name in there too. How was it resolved at ICA? Can I register as single mother without father's name?
Hi, so how did you manage this? my friend is having the same issue..

ilovemykids

Hi, so how did you manage this? my friend is having the same issue..
The problem I had was that I was (still am) legally married. ICA didn't allow me to register my baby without my "husband's" name even though we are going through a divorce and he doesn't want to acknowledge my baby. I Forced him to get DNA done. Once results were out, I had my lawyer write a letter to have him turn up at ICA the next day to get my baby's birth registration done with his name included (before all this I requested ICA KIV my baby's registration and when DNA was out I immediately emailed them a copy). If he didn't turn up at ICA, ICA may likely just proceed to include his name using the DNA results and marriage cert. The downside of all this is that without the birth cert my baby is not a Singaporean so I had to pay non resident rate at polyclinic and no medishield for baby. When he had jaundice light treatment, he wasn't covered with medishield and I had to pay the full amount via medisave. Whole process took 1.5 months or so as DNA processing with HSA took some time and I could only do the DNA after my baby was discharged from hospital.

I hope his helps.