Questions about skincare

min81

Hi there,

Any mummies here using SKII products? I'm currently 6 wks pregnant.. Would like to find out if there is a need to change some of the skincare products if it's not safe for the foetus.. I'm using the Facial Treatment Clear Lotion (toner) and Facial Treatment Clear Solution (moisturiser).. Also, is it safe to use those facial mask sheets from The Face Shop?

Thanks!!

malibu

Hi there,

Any mummies here using SKII products? I'm currently 6 wks pregnant.. Would like to find out if there is a need to change some of the skincare products if it's not safe for the foetus.. I'm using the Facial Treatment Clear Lotion (toner) and Facial Treatment Clear Solution (moisturiser).. Also, is it safe to use those facial mask sheets from The Face Shop?

Thanks!!
Hi mummy-to-be,
think SKII should be save to use as long the skin care does not contain Retino, concentrated Vit A for anti-aging.
For me, mine skin change from oily to normal and to dry during the pregnancy, so change your skin care product as and when your skin type change and keep your skin hydrate.

Dragontail

Hi mummies,

Since I got a BFP a month ago, I've been having breakouts due to 1)hormonal changes 2)T.C.M powder (makes me feel heaty) 3)bad sleep (I can sleep at 10pm but I will auto wake up at 1ish am and 4ish am without fail every night and I have hard time going back to sleep).

Looks like I have to switch my skincare from here on. My face is producing more sebum now and making my acne-prone skin even worse. Before my BFP, my skin was very much stable.

I found these range of oil control skincare from Clarins on its website. Any good?

Hi! I am offering facial services and also provide skincare and nutrition tips to my clients combines as the two are closely related to our skin health.
More often, its the changes to the body of pregnant ladies that lead to changes of skin condition. You should take note of the diet and lifestyle habits, besides having the right products to treat your skin. The products i use are clinically proven to be safe for all skin types and body conditions, as the ingredients are made of extracts from fruits and vegetables organically produced.
Can contact me if you like to find out how your skin and body health is closely related to each other.

elohz

Hi there,

Pregnant women should take precautionary measures regarding with the products they are putting on their skin,especially those products you used in your face like astringents and other face treatment. My OB says anything you put on yourself will have effect on the baby, so she advice me to stop using it. So, if you are really not sure about the product, stop using it or you may consult your OB about it.

Shawnlimws

Hi!

I think you need to be more concerned about the ingredients rather than the product itself. Some ingredients to avoid when you are pregnant are:

1) Retinol
2) Hydroquinone

You can check if your SK II products contain these ingredients. If they don't then you can probably continue to use them? :)

Buns to Babies

Hi there,

Pregnant women should take precautionary measures regarding with the products they are putting on their skin,especially those products you used in your face like astringents and other face treatment. My OB says anything you put on yourself will have effect on the baby, so she advice me to stop using it. So, if you are really not sure about the product, stop using it or you may consult your OB about it.
My OB just said to live normally (lol) and to just avoid eating raw food but from my mommy friends, they did recommend that I don't apply anything on my face and skin - no moisturizer, lotion, etc. as anything you put on your skin can be absorbed by the baby. Even hair colouring is a no for them so I just opted to do that.

It was uncomfortable for the first few weeks since I was so used to applying all these facial products on my face but I got the hang of it, I eventually got used to not putting anything on my skin.

=={}=={}=={}=={}=={}=={}=={}=={}=={}=={}
Hi, I'm Buns to Babies! I'm 5 months pregnant this April and
I'm selling NEW, affordable and stylish maternity clothes.

Visit my online shop at https://sg.carousell.com/bunstobabies.
For orders and inquiries, email me at inquiry.bunstobabies@gmail.com, thank you!

GraceP90

I dont dare to use these products which contains a lot of chemicals.
Hmm SK2 i dont know if i should after seeing this.

I changed all my products to natural and organic such as nature republic.
Recently i even found Dear Dahlia in singapore.
I got them from bodyfoodco.
They are so pretty and its organic and vegan!!!!
Im so happy about this.
Ok back to main point i guess natural is the safest choice

thegraciegrazee

Hey mummies, my skin was at its worst during my pregnancy probably due to the hormones. My skin became sensitive and pigmentation increased horribly. I was recommended a set of skincare and am truly amazed at how much my pigmentation cleared without any invasive treatment.. So now i swear by this skincare, wanna share it with fellow mummies who experience similar skin issues too..

Attachments

Webbershay

I wouldn't risk using cosmetics from the mass market at all. Given the low prices, manufacturers filled up their products with omnifarious chemicals. Is it really worth it? You are beautiful by itself, don't make your baby pay for your self-doubt. Besides, all your pimples are easily fixable by healthy food and proper hygiene. If you have serious problems, you need the [skin analysis device](https://aestheticbureau.com) procedure. So, in any way, cosmetics not only harm your baby but also mask the potential problems with the skin (especially in the case of pregnant women with unstable hormonal background).

Last edited: