Random: 'bad' smells at work

Jode

Hi mummies and mummies to be
I have a small problem at work. My colleagues wears this particular perfume to work everyday. And because my nose gets really sensitive now, I cannot stand the smell. She sits rather near me so I can smell her perfume all the time.
Any suggestions to what I can do?
Sorry for this random question.

ping87

I have this colleague of mine who never fails to walk pass me everyday and her perfume was super smelly. Can smell her 2 meters away. I tried putting a fan and blow sia.. And if u like any form of smell, like lavender or what, u can buy those and put at ur table.

Times like that, I use oilment(feng you) and put on my nose. Cannot tahan.

skt

I will also suggest a portable fan on the work desk to at least give myself some fresh air. And in any case the scent is strong because the user is near me, I will fan my face directly for awhile.

As a pregnant lady, I can totally understand how sensitive and nauseous we are to smell and scent. It's a horrible feeling.

Jode

I went searching for some essential oils or something like that to put at my desk. But was told by the lady that I shouldn't be smelling essential oils as well. :(
So I went to get a bottle of 'feng you'.
Think the fan is a good idea. Can use it to circulate the air and blow away the bad smell.

Qookie

Newspapers absorb bad smells. You can try placing some around. Haha. Your desk might look like you're a rag & bone man though. Haha.

Alisa

my office too.. i really don know how my colleague put perfume wan... bath with it everyday like that! really too strong! another colleague is the hand lotion too strong... i headache after smelling...

Qookie

Oh, on a more serious note, you can get an air purifier! Those small ones you can put on your desk!

skt

Qookie: is air purifier going to make the office air dry especially the air is already dry in the airconditioned environment? I am just wondering if dry air will affect our health.

Jode

:( I was smelling Feng you the whole day yesterday. Really buay tahan the smell. Ya. Cannot understand how people use perfume. How did they make the perfume last so long and so strong???
Anyways, I went to get a small fan to put on my table. Seems to work a bit. Still trying to figure out which position is the best. Hee hee.
I'm keen to know also. If air purifier will make the air drier... Anyone knows?