rashes at tummy area

mrsteo

hi mummies/ MTBs,

im currently 14th week, and started to have rashes on my belly for the past 3 days. those are itchy rashes and if you take a closer look, they look like small water bubbles. Wondering if anyone here has a similar condition? it's going to be another 2 more weeks before i see my gynae. So seeking remedy from here.

feathers

I had that too when I was in week 12 to 16, mine is pinkish and very small bumps. It's due to hormones, just moisturize more and eventually it went away. =)

mrsteo

I had that too when I was in week 12 to 16, mine is pinkish and very small bumps. It's due to hormones, just moisturize more and eventually it went away. =)
Hi feathers,

so ur rashes stayed on for 4 weeks? what kind of moisturizer u applied? im afraid apply moisturizer will worsen the rash..

cn211279

If you are worried, use those moisturizers meant for sensitive skin like Cetaphil... Another option is to apply oil. I have rashes over my tummy area as well and I sometimes use rosehip oil on my rashes.

feathers

My gynae say usually will go away in a week or so but mine overstayed its welcome. Hee!! Anyway my skin has always been slow in recovery and that might be why too. I used QV cream, very oily cuz the rashes eventually turn to very very dry skin. I also use a mild bath oil (DermaVeen) to shower with. If yours doesn't irritate you much, you can just use aloe vera gel.

Is your rashes very itchy? Gynae can give some meds to help with the itch but like all meds, it's never good for the baby so I try not to take unless its really bad.

mrsteo

If you are worried, use those moisturizers meant for sensitive skin like Cetaphil... Another option is to apply oil. I have rashes over my tummy area as well and I sometimes use rosehip oil on my rashes.

use johnson baby oil ok? i think that's the most mild oil i can think of. yah, i think i will go get some moisturizer to apply.

mrsteo

My gynae say usually will go away in a week or so but mine overstayed its welcome. Hee!! Anyway my skin has always been slow in recovery and that might be why too. I used QV cream, very oily cuz the rashes eventually turn to very very dry skin. I also use a mild bath oil (DermaVeen) to shower with. If yours doesn't irritate you much, you can just use aloe vera gel.

Is your rashes very itchy? Gynae can give some meds to help with the itch but like all meds, it's never good for the baby so I try not to take unless its really bad.
yah, precisely that's the reason why im so hesitating in visiting a GP first. Dun wana eat the meds and heard that the cream they prescribed is very mild one, totally helpless. Really, one week will go away? mine stayed for 6 days le.. hopefully your gynae is correct. did your gynae say what kind of rash is this? I just bought QV lotion, going to try tonite.

ast0212

Oh I had that too and it lasted a few days.. and it came back yesterday again! I thought it was because my son kissed me on the tummy with lots of saliva...but it is exactly as you described, tiny bubbles.. Must be hormonal then.

QV is great! I've switched to QV for my facial cleanser and moisturiser ever since my skin kept drying out like crazy. It's a lot more gentler on the skin.

feathers

yah, precisely that's the reason why im so hesitating in visiting a GP first. Dun wana eat the meds and heard that the cream they prescribed is very mild one, totally helpless. Really, one week will go away? mine stayed for 6 days le.. hopefully your gynae is correct. did your gynae say what kind of rash is this? I just bought QV lotion, going to try tonite.
The cream is useful if your rash is a very small area, I think its steriods but not good for baby too. Mine cover the whole two side of my waist and at its worst, it spread to my chest and hands too. My gynae told me its hormones and our body is not used to it so we have rashes. Maybe you want to skip the "poisonous" seafood for the time being, I took crab and it was real itchy for that night. Haha~

mrsteo

Oh I had that too and it lasted a few days.. and it came back yesterday again! I thought it was because my son kissed me on the tummy with lots of saliva...but it is exactly as you described, tiny bubbles.. Must be hormonal then.

QV is great! I've switched to QV for my facial cleanser and moisturiser ever since my skin kept drying out like crazy. It's a lot more gentler on the skin.
ast0212, how many weeks are you now? haha, i oways tell my bb inside that these days mummy cant sayang you as much as previously as mummy's tummy is full of rashes.. yeah, im applying QV and the effect is alot better. at least not as red and juicy as last time.

mrsteo

The cream is useful if your rash is a very small area, I think its steriods but not good for baby too. Mine cover the whole two side of my waist and at its worst, it spread to my chest and hands too. My gynae told me its hormones and our body is not used to it so we have rashes. Maybe you want to skip the "poisonous" seafood for the time being, I took crab and it was real itchy for that night. Haha~
feathers, i love crab too! haha, i think i wouldnt skip crab even though im now in this condition.. :p yah, i heard steriods is too strong and not good for baby. so scary, it wil spread!!! i hope mine settled on my tummy and that's it! haha

ast0212

ast0212, how many weeks are you now? haha, i oways tell my bb inside that these days mummy cant sayang you as much as previously as mummy's tummy is full of rashes.. yeah, im applying QV and the effect is alot better. at least not as red and juicy as last time.
Hi mrsteo, I am 28 weeks now... yeah I have been trying not to touch my belly button area much (where the rashes are) as it just gets itchy again when I do... Also trying to stop my son from lifting up my shirt to see tummy because he's sure to give it sloppy kisses!

Maybe applying a cold pack could relief it too... I haven't tried it yet. Let's hope it doesn't last long!!

mrsteo

Hi mrsteo, I am 28 weeks now... yeah I have been trying not to touch my belly button area much (where the rashes are) as it just gets itchy again when I do... Also trying to stop my son from lifting up my shirt to see tummy because he's sure to give it sloppy kisses!

Maybe applying a cold pack could relief it too... I haven't tried it yet. Let's hope it doesn't last long!!
ha, ur son is so cute. i can imagine a toddler doing that sloppy kisses when he lifted his mummy's shirt.

ya, seems like the rashes has no particular season to come, im 14 weeks and u are 28 weeks.. 14 weeks away and we have the same condition.. yes, hope it doesnt last long! i wana see my bump to grow prettier and "clean clean"..

cn211279

feathers, i love crab too! haha, i think i wouldnt skip crab even though im now in this condition.. :p yah, i heard steriods is too strong and not good for baby. so scary, it wil spread!!! i hope mine settled on my tummy and that's it! haha
I love crab and all my seafood too. But I also realised that when I eat crab, my rashes will get very itchy at night and it will last a few days regardless how much lotion I put. So for now, I guess I have to stay away from seafood. :(
When I c the GP, she mention seafood and wheat as possible cause to the rashes. When I mention to the GP that I never had any allergic reaction before to seafood and wheat, she told me that it is different now due to the hormones. So even if I was not allergic does not mean that I'm not allergic now.
And through trial and error, I realised that the GP is correct! I'm more or less ok if I avoid seafood and wheat. But once I eat crab/sotong and wheat (ie wholemeal bread), I will start itching...

PrincessAriel

do research for PUPPP if there are rashes starting from tummy. i had that bad experience before during my 2nd pregnancy, starting from 8th month till after delivery. It totally gross me out till now. Having my 3rd pregnancy and rashes again...but i am at my last month.

Think the culprit is because of the change in our hormones, our body temperature increase, sweat more then cause this damn itching.
I was suffering from this till I found relief alternating between bio oil, aloe vera gel and drapolene.
Why so many things coz they lose effect once my skin got used to it and I am desperate to find a cure.
They take different time to get absorb into the skin and dry.
Overall seems to work:)