Rate for confinement lady during CNY 2015

craziology

Hi

Like to find out from other mummies-to-be on the rate for confinement lady around CNY 2015.

I have asked a few and the price is just jaw dropping. I am not earning 5 digit salary a month so hearing that amount for a confinement lady really scare me off. The highest asked for $4,500 for 28 days - not everyone earn this much per month so how to afford such service!

Please help! :S

gabby25

Hihi,

maybe you like to consider finding CL via agency? I engage a freelance for my confinment next month (2.5k for 28days) referral rates if not she say she charging 2.7k
Actually after I confirmed the freelance CL than I realise agency is charging cheaper than FL.

Sand

I've been asking around too.
My SIL asked her CL (m'sian) and she said that she still charges SGD 2500, but cannot stay for the full confinement period coz she needs to go back to M'sia 1 week before CNY (ie. 13 Feb 2015). Not a very good choice as we mums will still be recuperating and we need all the rest we can get.

the CL's friend (also CL) can stay through the CNY period, but she's charging SGD 4000, usually not including the groceries. Haven't discussed on the details (like whether she cooks for the mum only or family, etc)...

I emailed to PEM to enquire on their charges... havent reply yet.

craziology

I've been asking around too.
My SIL asked her CL (m'sian) and she said that she still charges SGD 2500, but cannot stay for the full confinement period coz she needs to go back to M'sia 1 week before CNY (ie. 13 Feb 2015). Not a very good choice as we mums will still be recuperating and we need all the rest we can get.

the CL's friend (also CL) can stay through the CNY period, but she's charging SGD 4000, usually not including the groceries. Haven't discussed on the details (like whether she cooks for the mum only or family, etc)...

I emailed to PEM to enquire on their charges... havent reply yet.
Hi Sand,

Can you give me the CL contact quoting $2.5K? My EDD is actually 10 Feb 2015. So I think letting her go off 1 week before CNY is fine for me. :D

It's so expensive to hire a CL during CNY :S

patsie

Actually it's quite norm 4 d charges if u r looking 4 CL privately during CNY period

They double d fee cos it's d festive n they don't get 2 spend time wif their families

When I found out I wld b due during CNY I had a hard time finding Den d fees were another consideration So in d end decided on catering n got my mom 2 help during d day

DD came celebration on d 1st day of CNY 3 days b4 her due date

Work out d sum n do note dat u may not b happy wif d CL cos everyone has diff expectations Of cos there r those dat wk out well too ☺☺

Sand

Hi Sand,

Can you give me the CL contact quoting $2.5K? My EDD is actually 10 Feb 2015. So I think letting her go off 1 week before CNY is fine for me. :D

It's so expensive to hire a CL during CNY :S
Hi craziology,
I'll try to get the contact from my SIL. But next CNY is on 19-Feb-2015, and she needs to leave on 13-FEb. If your actual birth really follows your EDD, you will only get 3 3 days of care (for SGD 2500). She'll leave before she can actually provide you the care & help that you need ( and i heard some of nutritional confinement food will only start on the 10th day of confinement, first few days is to replenish the strength lost during the childbirth, correct me if i'm wrong).

Are you sure you still wanna stick with your choice?

Sand

Actually it's quite norm 4 d charges if u r looking 4 CL privately during CNY period

They double d fee cos it's d festive n they don't get 2 spend time wif their families

When I found out I wld b due during CNY I had a hard time finding Den d fees were another consideration So in d end decided on catering n got my mom 2 help during d day

DD came celebration on d 1st day of CNY 3 days b4 her due date

Work out d sum n do note dat u may not b happy wif d CL cos everyone has diff expectations Of cos there r those dat wk out well too ☺☺
that's one of my options too. but i need to consider that either my elderly parents-in-law or parents may not be able to take the toll, especially with all the waking up in the middle of the night to feed the baby.

what's the average price of the catering meals that you've found out?

craziology

Hi craziology,
I'll try to get the contact from my sister In law. But next CNY is on 19-Feb-2015, and she needs to leave on 13-FEb. If your actual birth really follows your EDD, you will only get 3 3 days of care (for SGD 2500). She'll leave before she can actually provide you the care & help that you need ( and i heard some of nutritional confinement food will only start on the 10th day of confinement, first few days is to replenish the strength lost during the childbirth, correct me if i'm wrong).

Are you sure you still wanna stick with your choice?
Oh! I thought you meant she is gg off 1 week and back on 13 feb. Haha.. In that case, ya no. No point.. :)

patsie

Hi,

I was leaning towards Chilli Padi N Natalessential for the catering with prices ranging bt $1,500 - $1,800 for 2 meals. In d end, I had my mom n hubby 2 cook 4 me during my confinement.

I was lucky as hubby doesnt have fixed wking hours. So he was able to help out at nite too.

My mom only came over during d day to help. Hubby n myself were taking care of DD at nite on our own. Even now, my mom helps 2 look after DD while we work. We will take over once we r off wk.

Yes it's tiring, but we didn't want our DD 2 b our wkend child.

Sand

PEM has replied me. Their charges would be estimated $3600-$3800, including the levy, angpows, etc...
I supposed the charges would differ slightly for each mummy's housing conditions, and the different services requested (like whether cooking for the mummy only, or for the whole family)...

they do offer other packages such as herbal packages & post-natal massages, which charges separately.

Chng BB

Some information to share with CNY mummies... I checked with one agency, they charging $3500 excluding levy, angpows etc.... PEM has yet to reply on my request...

matrixyuki

hi, I am starting this thread to introduce my mum as a confinement lady. She has extensive experience (over 15 years) as confinement lady and know all kind of confinement food just for the mother. The only shortcoming that she has is she can only speak Mandarin and Hokkien as she is a Malaysian. Those interested to engage her service can pm for me

jomainet

My god!! $3,600 is expensive......mine is $2,400 for 28 days. Have to pay the levy during her stay but MOM didnt deduct the levy at all.
The confinement lady cooked not just for me but also cooked other dishes for the rest of the family. In fact we even special request some dishes like braised fishhead and curry fishhead.