Re: Any Mum Still Pumping Breast Milk While At Work?

angeluv

Hi mummies, wondering how to manage pumping at night and sleep after you go bk to work? It's very tiring to pump every 3 hourly and not get enough sleep then stay awake at work. Or do you not pump at night? But supply will drop right. Currently I pump every 4 hrs in day and 5 hrs at night and alrdy v tired even not working. Wonder how to manage when I start work.

pinkapple

no needa pump at night. pump one side while u latch the other in the morning before u go to work.

rest is important and helps to make more milk too.

angeluv

Won't that cause engorgement? Cos when I don't pump for more than 6 hrs I tend to get v engorged and blocked ducts. Then i gotta spend like 1hr to keep massage and pump and do hot towel. So I always try to pump 4-5hrs to avoid this as its v tiring. I'm using medela freestyle dual pump some more suppose to be more effective in pumping with the stimulation mode.

Hi,

I am first time mum which will due in Oct, can i ask if plan to pump milk in office,
which type of breast pump should we use? Manual or electric pump ?
Is it sud be using the electric pump so that more efficient to shorter the timing pumping milk ?
pls advise.

I worked full time and continued to pump like normal. From what I understand there is no need for cows milk if you have enough breast milk to offer when you aren't there. I struggled with the how long to pump question too! I think if you are resenting it then get rid of it! I was pregnant and my husband had a major illness so I quit pumping at around 14 months and she seemed to do just fine and I didn't notice a difference in the amount of milk I was making.

MamyBaby

I back to work when my baby was around 2 months old. At that time I was partially breastfeed and supplement with formula for my baby. I thought I was going to give up until someone recommend me to have Neuner's Nursing Tea. It really helps me to increase my breastmilk! My baby boy is 4 months old now and I am now fully breastfeed him with a full freezer of expressed breast milk!
Check out my business spree thread for Neuner's nursing tea. One box with 20 tea bags only cost $17.90 and it really works. Hope it would help you in your breastfeeding journey.

EFW

Hi mamy baby,

May I noe tat tis tea is ok for baby o nt?as baby eat wat v eat lo...so bit wori to try it...how amount of bm u can get aft tried tis?

Now, I gt 5oz per pump n hope my amount can increase to 8-9oz per pump as other mummies..so, if not harm for baby, thk can try try! :)

MamyBaby

Hi mamy baby,

May I noe tat tis tea is ok for baby o nt?as baby eat wat v eat lo...so bit wori to try it...how amount of bm u can get aft tried tis?

Now, I gt 5oz per pump n hope my amount can increase to 8-9oz per pump as other mummies..so, if not harm for baby, thk can try try! :)
There is no side-effect on having nursing tea. It is specialized on breastfeeding. I used to pump only 1~2oz max for 3 hourly. That's pathetic. Until I was recommended this nursing by my colleague. Now I can pump 4oz for 3 hourly. It is amazing for me and I start fully breastfeeding when my baby turning 4 months old. I am still having this tea to maintain my supply. You may want to give it a try. ^^

MamyBaby

Hi,

I am first time mum which will due in Oct, can i ask if plan to pump milk in office,
which type of breast pump should we use? Manual or electric pump ?
Is it sud be using the electric pump so that more efficient to shorter the timing pumping milk ?
pls advise.
My dear,
I had the same problem with you before I gave birth to my baby boy.
I did not do any research on breastpumps and I borrowed a single manual and a single electric from my friend. I wonder which is better. It was OK when I used it during my confinement period as I found I haven't got enough breastmilk! I almost gave up breastfeeding when I went back to work when my baby boy was around two months old. Well, I have met some breastfeeding moms at my workplace and they recommended me to use double breastpumps which might cost more but worth to invest if you are planning to pump at work for a long term breastfeeding journey. A double electric breastpump helps you to save more time if you pump in office. Then, I got myself a double electric breastpump from Medela. My colleague recommended me to this as there is a stimulate function to help increase breastmilk. As I said I was not producing enough breastmilk, so I think Medela pump is more suitable for me. I must say I love this pump. It is worth to invest.

A single breastpump should take 20~30 mins when a double electric breastpump will take 10~15 mins.

If you are thinking to get one, you may want to consider to check out my online store MamyBaby Store

MamyBaby

Hi mummies, wondering how to manage pumping at night and sleep after you go bk to work? It's very tiring to pump every 3 hourly and not get enough sleep then stay awake at work. Or do you not pump at night? But supply will drop right. Currently I pump every 4 hrs in day and 5 hrs at night and alrdy v tired even not working. Wonder how to manage when I start work.
=) I used to think like you do. I rarely pump during my confinement period and before going back to work. I felt it tiring and did not work very well for me as my supply was very low. I latch my baby on directly before going back to work. After I back to work and got myself a double electric breastpump and I decided to increase my supply using any methods! I pump 2~3 hourly at first exclude nights as I felt tiring everyday. But watching my baby supplement with formula, I felt so bad. Then I started pump at least once at night (3am). Now I still pump at night as I am afraid a drop in my supply as I am not supplying extra milk for my baby. Baby grow healthy and happily everyday and I am happy to pump 3 hourly and at night now.

bruti732

hi! i am now 2 months in exclusive breastfeeding. i have very little milk from the start. my breastfeeding advocate friends told me that milk supply follows the law of supply and demand. if feeding is frequent at regular intervals, then milk production will continue to increase. this is why they recommend to direct feed the baby every 2-3 hours. same is true when pumping, they advise to pump every 3 hours. it is important to always stick to the schedule so as milk production won't stop.

for me, for the past 2 mos i direct feed the baby every 3 hours as much as possible. my baby seem to have low appetite so there are times she does not want to feed or just take one breast during feeding. so when this happens i pump milk. i pump milk around 2-3x a day in between feedings. when i am away, my baby is given ebm. i have started to stock on ebm early since i go away on errands every now and then.

i will not be returning to work yet but my friend has advised me to pump and feed alternately every 1-2hrs straight for 3 days to 1 week 1 week before going back to work so i can build up my stock. i have good enough stock already so i think i would not do that for now. i am not yet sure if i have a place to pump milk in the office but i do plan to pump every 3hrs. i will inform the boss of my plan that ill be pumping milk within 15min every 3 hrs and i will be willing to extend 1hr more in the office to pay up for the pumping breaks i take if they require it. this is my plan schedule for pumping, i will pump before i leave home probably 7-730 am. when i reach office i will pump by 9-930. i will pump again during lunch break, 3-330pm and last one before leaving the ofc at probably 6pm. i will bring a nursing cover with me and use a handsfree pumping bra so i can still do work in my desk while pumping if i have no choice to pump in my own desk. if a nursing rm is available, and i am pumping handsfree i can bring work to the nursing station. this way i will not be guilty of the pumping breaks i take during work hours. the target is pump hands free. PumpEase handsfree pumping bra will help me achieve this. if you are interested of this pumping bra, let me know and send me a PM. i will also be using Fridge to Go to store and transport my EBM so that no milk will get spoiled.