Reading Guardian Ovulation Test Kits

serene78

I dont know if you gals faced the same problem as me. I have problem in identifying the Positive in Ovulation Test Kits by Guardian.

Kandang Kerbau Hospital uses ClearBlue, and becos it cost ~$15 per stick, I decided to buy from Guardian instead, since guardian selling ~$7 per stick.

The instruction in guardian ones state that I should read the result within 5mins, n do not read the result after 10mins.

When I used guardian one, the testline will be lighter than controlline at 5mins. Then after 10mins, the testline become the same as controlline.

Luckily I have extra Clear Blue bought previously. So I tested with Clear Blue again. And using Clear Blue, the testline is lighter than controlline, from 5mins to more than 10mins.

I was really confused.. and after discussing with my hubby, we decided to take a chance, and wait till the next day and test again (it's Sunday, and clinic not open anyway).

The next day, I tested using Clear blue and Guardian. Clear blue shows a clear darker testline than controlline. Guardian show a lighter testline than controlline within 5mins, then after 10 mins, the testline become darker than controlline.

Does you ladies encounter this??

I was thinking that i better use clear blue in future (if needed), since it seems that I am not suitable for Guardian ones. But the clear blue in Kandang Kerbau Hospital is really too expensive.. Thinking of buying online, but the online ones are the ones with smiling face... Scare that it will be the same like this guardian one.

Any of you using the Clear blue smiling face one and please let me know if it is good? Cos online selling ~$7 per stick for this one....

scarletmer

hi!
I haven't tried any ovulation kits but am intending to buy the digital smiley face one.
I am also afraid I will be puzzled by all the faint and dark lines of a non-digital stick.
Although there are mixed reviews about the Digital smiley face one, I will probably use that together with my own tracking of my period dates and possible fertile window.
God bless!

smileys_ywx

I dont know if you gals faced the same problem as me. I have problem in identifying the Positive in Ovulation Test Kits by Guardian.

Kandang Kerbau Hospital uses ClearBlue, and becos it cost ~$15 per stick, I decided to buy from Guardian instead, since guardian selling ~$7 per stick.

The instruction in guardian ones state that I should read the result within 5mins, n do not read the result after 10mins.

When I used guardian one, the testline will be lighter than controlline at 5mins. Then after 10mins, the testline become the same as controlline.

Luckily I have extra Clear Blue bought previously. So I tested with Clear Blue again. And using Clear Blue, the testline is lighter than controlline, from 5mins to more than 10mins.

I was really confused.. and after discussing with my hubby, we decided to take a chance, and wait till the next day and test again (it's Sunday, and clinic not open anyway).

The next day, I tested using Clear blue and Guardian. Clear blue shows a clear darker testline than controlline. Guardian show a lighter testline than controlline within 5mins, then after 10 mins, the testline become darker than controlline.

Does you ladies encounter this??

I was thinking that i better use clear blue in future (if needed), since it seems that I am not suitable for Guardian ones. But the clear blue in Kandang Kerbau Hospital is really too expensive.. Thinking of buying online, but the online ones are the ones with smiling face... Scare that it will be the same like this guardian one.

Any of you using the Clear blue smiling face one and please let me know if it is good? Cos online selling ~$7 per stick for this one....
Hi hi, I have the same prob with guardian test kits. I think they are no good. The lines become darker only after 5mins. While another ovulation test kit that I purchased on shopee shows very clear 2nd line after I followed the instructions. I am also thinking of purchasing the clearblue one which is recommended by my gynae to confirm my test if I tested positive on the cheaper test strips.
Cheers.

Last edited: