Recipe for Waffle ?? Anyone ??

angelababi

hi mummies, does anyone know the recipe in doing waffle ? Those selling at most barkey shop selling @ $ 1 each those green colour pancake ?? Anyone know how to make ? Care to share the recipe ? Thanks

Phoebii Cheng

Basic Waffles Recipe

This tried and true waffle recipe is perfect for brunch or other special occasions — even dessert! In fact, to make an amazing waffle dessert, try drizzling the waffles with crème anglaise and fresh berries.
Prep Time: 15 minutes

Cook Time: 30 minutes

Total Time: 45 minutes

Yield: Makes 4 to 5 waffles

Ingredients:

• 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • ½ tsp salt
  • 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 1¾ cups whole milk
  • ½ cup vegtable oil
  • ½ tsp pure vanilla extract (optional)
Preparation:

1. Pre-heat your waffle iron to its hottest setting. Placing a cookie-sheet under it can help catch any batter drippage during cooking.
  2. Pre-heat oven to 200°F.
  3. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
  4. Beat eggs thoroughly. Whisk in sugar, milk and oil.
  5. Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients and mix gently until combined. Don't overmix!
  6. Spray both surfaces of your waffle iron with cooking spray.
  7. Ladle 4 to 6 oz (½ to ¾ cup) batter on the iron and close it. It's not unusual for a bit of batter to seep out of the edges of the iron. If there's excessive leakage, use less batter for the next waffle.
  8. Cook until the waffle iron's indicator light shows that cooking is complete, or until no more steam comes out. The finished waffle should be golden brown and crispy.
  9. Lift the waffle out of the iron with a pair of tongs and either serve right away or transfer it to the oven to keep warm.

yamfry50

i don't know if anyone else on here is as lazy as I am, but I just use instant pancake mix for my waffles. I add a bit of vanilla for flavoring and some blueberries :)

angelababi

Anyone here know where to buy baking powder? Show me pls
hi you mean baking soda ?? those major supermaket has.. always get it in ntuc supermarket, cold storage and carrefour. It should be around 4.50 sing dollars it look like a little bottle. Baking soda is also labelled as Bicarbonate of Soda in some stores :)

Last edited:

hotmilktea

i also looking at making waffles and pancake recently, just didnt get to doing it. toooooooo lazy.

but i did some research and decide to get the Kenwood SM360, its a 3 in 1, sandwich, grill and waffle maker, so worth. think is 60+ or so.

will get and then start doing ....dunnoe when :p

i baked something every 2 weeks, tmr is butter almond cake.

angelababi

i also looking at making waffles and pancake recently, just didnt get to doing it. toooooooo lazy.

but i did some research and decide to get the Kenwood SM360, its a 3 in 1, sandwich, grill and waffle maker, so worth. think is 60+ or so.

will get and then start doing ....dunnoe when :p

i baked something every 2 weeks, tmr is butter almond cake.
hi hotmilktea its me again.. your butter almond cake sound yummy to me... hungry... T.T haha... sad seems nobody know the recipe of the waffle selling at major bakery shop.. those green colour one... the waffle i alway make is simple the only difference is the sauce to match with it heehee.. me thinking of learning to make
Tier Layer cake..:D

hotmilktea

oh, the cakeshop waffle is just a lot of pandan flavour, and it must be thin enough, so edge is crispy

u can try this

http://www.houseofannie.com/pandan-waffles/

hi hotmilktea its me again.. your butter almond cake sound yummy to me... hungry... T.T haha... sad seems nobody know the recipe of the waffle selling at major bakery shop.. those green colour one... the waffle i alway make is simple the only difference is the sauce to match with it heehee.. me thinking of learning to make
Tier Layer cake..:D

Last edited:

hotmilktea

haha, try and let me know.
when i get my waffle maker i will try :)

but i need my maker soon coz i like to make sandwich

oh my god *hotmilktea i wanna hug you and give you loads of kisses .. *Muckseessss* this what i been searching for .. Thanks babe !

Emilynguyen9

hi you mean baking soda ?? those major supermaket has.. always get it in ntuc supermarket, cold storage and carrefour. It should be around 4.50 sing dollars it look like a little bottle. Baking soda is also labelled as Bicarbonate of Soda in some stores :)
Thank you, i found it, and success with my first cake. :)