Recipes for pressure cooker

wee_ly

Alpha Male
Anyone from this forum uses a pressure cooker? If so, what do you normally prepare using it? Care to share a little?

babylover

Mymum taught me some dishes using pressure cooker but I only fancy these 2 dishes: stewed beef which is tasty and very tender meat; another one is stew pork-rib to abstract sweet soup which can cook with potatoes, etc.
Basically, i think pressure cooker is a very efficient cooking-ware that can save us alot of time and gas. :D

CDL

Babylover is right in saying that using a pressure cooker is efficient in saving time and gas. I use it to make most soups - where there are bones or where I want to extract as much from the ingredients as possible in the quickest time.

You can even use it for desserts - barley, green/red beans.

There are many recipes you can try. Look up www.allrecipes.com for a start.

I'm sure you'll enjoy cooking with it!

lawla12

can b used for double boil soups too...

me har...wad i did was put in chkn drumstick (remove skin as the soup will get abit oily), then add wolfberries, dang gui, 2 "mi chao" (preserved sweet red dates), tat duno wad, its those herbs which u put to make black chkn soup de...those herbs yaaa....

i added dang gui cos i'm trying to "pu" myself after my mensus....heard its good for woman to consume after mensus.......

u can oso put those skinless chkn (market sell de, got no meat de, its used for boiling soup de).......cos only me drink the soup, tats y i replace wif 2 drumstick instead.....

not sure if pregnant can drink wor......

u can cook it for 2-3hrs.....then the chkn will become very soft....kekekeee.....

CDL

You might want to look out for(or reserve and borrow) this book from the library - The Pressure Cooker Book. Healthy & Delicious Recipes form your machine - Brigid Treloar.

Teaches you about the different kinds og pressure cookers, how to cook, clean etc.

Recipes include various soups, meat, poultry, fish & seafood, vegetables, grains bean & pasta and even dessert. More intersting recipes include - shrimp bisque, beef curry with rice, meatballs with tomato sauce and spaghetti, chicken chettinad, chicken with bell pepper and potatoes, chicken pie, fish with couscous, mashed potatoes, potato salad, ratatouille, vegetables in thai red curry, paella, risotto, middle easter rice, lasagne, [desserts - lime and mango rice, pears and apples with cinnamon nut topping, cheesecakes]

Quite a few recipes are 1 dish meals - so saves time (and gas)

babylover

Is pressure cooker same as slow cooker?[/quF

I think slow cooker take longer cooking time and use electric, cooking time can be up to couple of hours. The pressure cooker uses gas and complete within 10-15 minutes. Both can make the food very soft, tender and delicous...yum yum...:mwink:

meiteoh

Is pressure cooker same as slow cooker?
Ohno...pressure cooker uses pressure created by steam (hence why the lid needs to be locked on) to cook foods and is used mainly to cut the cooking time by at least half, eg if it takes about 45 minutes for potatoes to cook, it'll take 20 minutes using a pressure cooker.

Slow cooker on the other hand is like brewing things for a long time without the risk of burning it or the liquid going dry and such. Used traditionally to broil things like bird's nest and etc. It can be left overnight to cook - try doing that with a pressure cooker and you may just end up drying it out/burning it!

I've used my pressure cooker to cook things like normal potatoes to full meals like ratatouille, French veg soups, braised pork trotter and so forth. Makes things go way faster! :001_302:

vel

If I want to cook vinegar pork . Is pressure cooker a good choice to save time? How about porridge?

sarahwayne

i can even bake some cakes in pressure cookers. then, one of my cousin belongs to India and she has taught me some very good recpies that can be cooked using pressure cookers.