Recommendations for Baby Carriers

apollo

at her age and weight, manduca and carriers like the boba, are very good. you can try them out at baby carriers and slings shop in Square2.

www.babyslingsandcarriers.com

personally, i own the ergo carrier and love love love it!!!!:tlaugh:
i also went to the shop and tried out. cos initially we wanna get the Beco due to its nice design. lucky we tried cos ds was v fat, and the person told us manduca suits him better. =)

paull

my bb gal is 4mths old, shld be ard 6kg le..is ergo suitable for her?
already had a sling, wanna find those bjorn and ergo kind of carrier..

hi,

i am also looking for a baby carrier for my 5mth old bb. been using the sarong sling all along. want something that has back support and will allow my bb to face foward. how does baby bjorn compare to all these other brands you ladies are purchasing?

thanks.

Mummy to Baby V

Our whole family LOVES our BECO carrier, very comfortable for carrier and baby. My boy is chubby with fat thighs - 13 months old, 11kg - and still fits well. It can be used up to 18kg.

BECO and ergonomic carriers allow baby to sit in them, not dangle by the crotch. This is better for their spine and they are more comfortable.

Baby Bjorn: baby dangles by crotch, max weight is 12kg when I enquired.

Most ergonomic carriers do not allow baby to face front because that is not so healthy for the spine. My boy loves to face us, so that is fine.

Detailed review here: babywearing |

pkshl

Our whole family LOVES our BECO carrier, very comfortable for carrier and baby. My boy is chubby with fat thighs - 13 months old, 11kg - and still fits well. It can be used up to 18kg.

BECO and ergonomic carriers allow baby to sit in them, not dangle by the crotch. This is better for their spine and they are more comfortable.

Baby Bjorn: baby dangles by crotch, max weight is 12kg when I enquired.

Most ergonomic carriers do not allow baby to face front because that is not so healthy for the spine. My boy loves to face us, so that is fine.

Detailed review here: babywearing |
Hi, where to get this BECO carrier? im interested to get.

apollo

Hi, where to get this BECO carrier? im interested to get.
babe, can get from the same shop i bought my carrier.. initially i also wanna get beco but the lady suggested me to get manduca instead due to ash's size n weight.. :001_302:

holeyman1

it could be just me but I wouldn't trust anything with plastic buckles. I finally went with the "mei tai" fabric to fabric double stitching no need to worry about the buckles buckling etc (excuse the pun)
fabric stitching easy on the purse too!
Believe one mommy selling even though I didn't buy from her.

www.AbSoLuTjuniors.blogspot.com

PS I'm in no way associated with her nor am I in any way receiving comission!

apollo

it could be just me but I wouldn't trust anything with plastic buckles. I finally went with the "mei tai" fabric to fabric double stitching no need to worry about the buckles buckling etc (excuse the pun)
fabric stitching easy on the purse too!
Believe one mommy selling even though I didn't buy from her.

www.AbSoLyouTjyouniors.blogspot.com

PS I'm in no way associated with her nor am I in any way receiving comission!
the one i bought is quite safe. cos they have an additional elastic thingy to hold the buckle and the buckle u nd to press the middle then can release. quite diffi to release it actually.

i have one similar to mei tai one but tt one cannot hold a heavy n big baby lik ds. and i feel that those buckle carrier provide good postures for babies.

just my humble 2cents worth :001_302:

uddermummy

try the front carriers, especially those with extra back support. I find that those with only criss-cross support at the back will hurt after some time; I'm using combi and mothercare. Not fantastic.

Or if your girl can sit up straight, you may want to try those hip carriers.

beerbelly

my baby gal is 4mths old, shld be around 6kg ..is ergo suitable for her?
already had a sling, wanna find those bjorn and ergo kind of carrier..
ergo is suitable for 7-18kg, for lighter n younger babies, they have an infant insert. i don't know of any retail stores selling it, only the online store mummysmilk. i bought mine from States.

it will be a good idea to test out your carrier wen baby is in a good mood. and also decide if you prefer a Soft Structured Carrier like ergo, beco, boba and manduca or forward facing carriers like bjorn etc. there are very distinct differences between the two. like what mummy to baby very said, forward facing carriers are not good for baby's spine.

Comparison of the Ergo Baby Carrier to The Baby Bjorn

the website above sells only ergo tho. for a wide range of info on soft structured carriers, check out

www.babyslingsandcarriers.com

hmmm, sounds like i'm advertising for them.....:eek:

k-mom

i'm currently using the beco butterfly and the scootababy, and i love both. i feel sarah sits in them much better than in the bjorn (i rarely let her face front in the bjorn and she's a slim baby so she was supported by her butt rather than by her crotch when i used it). the scootababy only allows hip carry though.

i had the bjorn synergy cos of the back support and found it very good but after she reached 6 kg, my back and shoulders started aching. that's why i researched online for a good ergonomic carrier. i was also looking at the ergo but read online stories about how the company had unfair business practices so didn't want to support them. but that's your personal choice :)

go to the baby slings and carriers shop at square 2 to try out the different carriers cos some carriers may not suit your body type (i found the manduca too bulky and the catbird pikkolo too difficult to put on). the consultants there are really nice, not pushy and you don't need to buy from the store ;)

beerbelly

"i was also looking at the ergo but read online stories about how the company had unfair business practices so didn't want to support them. but that's your personal choice :)"

:elvis: I did not come across that...... aiya....too late ...:embarrassed:

chrisgal

i jus bought mine , manduca... a very good carrier! my bb is 11mth and alredi weighing at 10.6kg n 76cm tall... super hard to carry him ard without any support, went to novena square 2 and bought it from there, try different types of carrier, but i stil feel manduca is the best haha... though a bit ex... $249.90!

wanted patapum at frist, but when i tried... i dun feel good as well as bb dun feel good too, den, i tried manduca, bb in it, straight away lean on my chest comfortably, and i have no issue in wearing that wit bb in it... not to say walking ard shopping wit it!! haha..

easy n simple wearing... reli worth it... MANDUCA company mus thanks me for advertise it haha:wong19:

skyunicorn

don't want to hijack this thread.

sorry. didn't realize that things don't get posted immediately so kept trying

Last edited:

mrsmorgan

My 1mth old son is now 4kg.. Nt sure which carrier to get.. But im more interested in a carrier like manduca rather than slings n pouches.. Any recommendations?

chrisgal

My 1mth old son is now 4kg.. not sure which carrier to get.. But im more interested in a carrier like manduca rather than slings n pouches.. Any recommendations?
manduca is very good.... but since ur bb is juz one month... u may jus wan to geta sling or pouch first... and wait till ur bb is abt 3-4mth... den u can start using manduca! manduca has an infant insert but i still think it's not suitable for bb at 1mth.. coz the spine and head is still not stable.... so dun use anything which hurt them in this way... sling and pouch is more suitable for bb at this age:wong19:

3mummy

Oh yes!! Manduca is really my saviour!! At least we can shop longer when my bb is in the carrier n my dh loves it too!! :)