Red patch and dry skin on the baby hand and leg.. Pls advice

jocpt

Hello mummy

My 7mth old boy hv a red patch on his 'folder' part skin on his hand and leg, and is very dry since last few week. I try to apply lotion n baby oil seem like the same, I do try apply as well the diaper cream, but in the end the skin more dry

Any mummy can advice or share ur experience?
Thanks alot!

ast0212

My boy has this occasionally. I'm not sure what it is either but I found it helps to wipe dry their skin properly after a shower and apply a thick moisturiser like QV cream or Pawpaw cream. I think nappy rash cream will dry out their skin even more. Also avoid using any bath soaps for a couple of days and see how it goes or if not you can try using baby bath oil instead.

Hope it helps :)

kittycathyid

hi, try to put QV, cetaphyl or physiogel cream. recommendation from my paediatrician.
maybe your baby's skin is sensitive type or normal lotion is not moisture enough.
my baby also got the same problem.after i apply cetaphyl cream, her skin becomes normal n smooth again.
til now, i always apply cetaphyl cream on her skin after shower.

n she is allergic to johnson milk lotion. everytime after i apply that cream, her skin becomes dry n red. so maybe u can monitor the cream or lotion that u use for ur baby. maybe ur baby got allergic to it.

Hope can helps...:)

jocpt

Thank u mummys for the advice

Lady Msteo: his lip no try, as normal leh.
Ast0212: the QV cream can apply on the face as well?
Kittycathyid: Cetaphyl cream can apply on the face? Becourse beside his lip also had the red patch... Sigh really dunno hw will like tat... Myself is sensitive skin type dunno is 遗传to him hehe

kittycathyid

yeah..can...i apply on her face too... or gold cream also can...i use ardo gold cream (ingredient : lanolin). can buy at kiddy palace. think the one on his lip because of milk. just try to wipe with damp cloth everytime after drinks milk including night time. after 1 or 2 days, skin will become smooth again.

ast0212

Thank u mummys for the advice

Lady Msteo: his lip no try, as normal leh.
Ast0212: the QV cream can apply on the face as well?
Kittycathyid: Cetaphyl cream can apply on the face? Becourse beside his lip also had the red patch... Sigh really dunno hw will like tat... Myself is sensitive skin type dunno is 遗传to him hehe
Yep QV cream can be applied all over :)

Flakey Ma? My bb girl has on her face last time. Diagnose as eczema cos her daddy has it. Use Physiogel cream. kkh pd gave me that . Use ever since she was 2 mths old till now. Will recommend it to mummies. Rash on face, heat face, scratch mark, pimple like. All can apply for bb. Very gdn