Redness after facial???? Anyone?

Clear_skin_02

Hi.

Yesterday I went for a basic facial and the beautician helped me to extract my blackheads and what not. I was having this red tiny bumps on my cheeks area which I never had before in my life which is why I decided to go for an facial to find out and hopefully clear it.

Turns out it's whiteheads and according to the beautician, they were quite hard to extract and there were still some hidden under my skin, not yet developed. So she helped me to extract those that she can which hurts damn badly and after that she helped me to put on a water based mask to calm and smoothe it.

However after the facial ends, my cheeks were seen worse than before. I can understand the redness but the spots were more visible than before. Is this normal????? :-( how Long will it take to subside and can I still put cream and makeup over it?

This is my 2nd time having a facial with the same shop and my first time went very well so it's definitely not a sensitive reaction towards the products they used on my face.

Also the beautician suggested to get a detox facial to get out the whiteheads underneath my skin. Has anyone tried it before?

Thank you!

Min Lee

Hi Clear_skin_02,

It is usually normal to have redness after extraction, maybe you could wait for 3-5 days to see what happens.
From my experience, whiteheads are not red in colour, it is strange to hear that the tiny bumps were red. These days it is better to go for facials that use technology for extraction, instead of the normal methods of squeezing stubborn whiteheads. Hope to hear from you to see how your skin is doing!

For basic cleansing, I go to a salon that offers Oxygen Deep Cleansing, so there isn't any painful extraction involved every session.

Hope this helps! :)

kevintan

Hi.

Yesterday I went for a basic facial and the beautician helped me to extract my blackheads and what not. I was having this red tiny bumps on my cheeks area which I never had before in my life which is why I decided to go for an facial to find out and hopefully clear it.

Turns out it's whiteheads and according to the beautician, they were quite hard to extract and there were still some hidden under my skin, not yet developed. So she helped me to extract those that she can which hurts damn badly and after that she helped me to put on a water based mask to calm and smoothe it.

However after the facial ends, my cheeks were seen worse than before. I can understand the redness but the spots were more visible than before. Is this normal????? :-( how Long will it take to subside and can I still put cream and makeup over it?

This is my 2nd time having a facial with the same shop and my first time went very well so it's definitely not a sensitive reaction towards the products they used on my face.

Also the beautician suggested to get a detox facial to get out the whiteheads underneath my skin. Has anyone tried it before?

Thank you!
where you go.

last time i try new york skin solutions.

my beautician have lousy skills.

my face redness for few days.

Bananapie

Yup, don't worry. It's common to have redness after facial. My personal Favourite beauty salon is the best beauty centre. And they r having a promotion now, detox facial at only $20 because of their new opening at east point.

Skinz Heritage

where you go.

last time i try new york skin solutions.

my beautician have lousy skills.

my face redness for few days.
Skinz Heritage would like to offer you either a free trial facial worth $108 OR a free trial slimming session worth $108. Please contact our friendly staffs to find out more today! Only for a limited period only! Please visit us at www.skinzheritage.com or book your appointment with us at 82118299. Never try never know

Summer0818

I visited a facial salon regularly and I found it is important for us to know our own skin condition first!
My facial was customized to suit my current skin type. The beautician will first do the skin analysis test to analyse my skin's progress every time I visited. The beauty salon, Le Queenz, is located at #02-11 Fortune Centre. I maintain a youthful and glowing skin from there!

Veggies Tappuri

^ sounds like an advertisement lol
I know this thread is not new but just some tips for people who might face the redness after facial
Usually it might just be your skin being raw from all the extraction with all the squeezing and so on? And when black white heads are squeezed out the pores kinda look bigger sometimes so just keep your skin extra moisturized and hydrated, probably give it a week to completely heal.
If really cannot, maybe you might want to find a new place that is more knowledgeable?
J Studios not bad by the way, i suggest you girlies go and try out if got time HAHA

Min Lee

Alert!! No hard selling!!
J Studios is well established salon located in Jurong East and in Haji Lane, we provide tailored facial treatments to solve your skin concerns and troubles with the best beauty technology to ensure optimal results in the shortest time, without using painful extraction methods. The best thing is we have a variety of treatments for every type of skin concern! J Studios does not encourage hard selling to customer, so be rest assured!

For first time customers, we offer trial session at an attractive price :D

Call/Text 91828565 now to book an appointment with us!

newoversg

After using Azurlis’s range of products, this user experienced an improvement in her complexion and a reduced appearance of acne scars. Made with organic ingredients, Azurlis’s unique natural skincare range is free from harmful chemicals, fragrance and parabens.

Endorsed by Erica Yuen Mi-ming (Hong Kong politician, actress, and presenter)

Balancing science and soul, Azurlis products are made to refresh your stressed, tired skin! Its founder Dr Fernanda believes in a philosophy of holistic wellness, thus, the full Azurlis range uses Reiki and lapis lazuli, to help still the mind and heal the body, all the while calming and restoring brilliance to your skin.

More info visit Zeronique Facebook: www.facebook.com/Zeronique

BUY NOW at zeronique.com