Regrets?

huipingjn

Hi Mommies.
Anyone here regret for not BFing your baby?

I breastfeed mine for only 10days then stop. Cse baby don't like and also very tough latching on. Don't know why he don't like also. But my friend told me eating too much sweet things may cause baby t dislike.

LoVeS

For me i am sort of regret coz i knw BF can help on immune system for bb BUT since day 1 to day 3 we(nurse, professional teaching of BF & me) tried so many times but ds juz refused to latch on n suck BUT rather bite me only n even they tried a few diff methods yet ds juz refused to suck n bite only. Even their fingers aso kena bite so many times by my ds which even they themselves aso gave up eventually n say my ds is way too "special" as they almost nv see a NB like my ds tat simply doesnt suck at all BUT bite only. :embarrassed:

jedamum

erm...how you define regret? if i am to be preggy again (hope not..:p), i will try to bf again. but the fact that i did not bf my ds1 and only bf my ds2 for 3 days, i don't blame myself for stopping cos there is more to look forward to in motherhood than bfg. just because there are strong beliefs/announcement etc etc that breastmilk is bestmilk, don't think yourself as being a lousy mum just cos you didn't bf.

huipingjn

For me i am sort of regret coz i knw BF can help on immune system for bb BUT since day 1 to day 3 we(nurse, professional teaching of BF & me) tried so many times but ds juz refused to latch on n suck BUT rather bite me only n even they tried a few diff methods yet ds juz refused to suck n bite only. Even their fingers aso kena bite so many times by my ds which even they themselves aso gave up eventually n say my ds is way too "special" as they almost nv see a NB like my ds tat simply doesnt suck at all BUT bite only. :embarrassed:
Yalor, that time I in hospital also difficult t latch on. The nurse also sian, say later then try again. Lol. Your DS keep biting, not pain ah? Btw, he's very cute. :001_302:

huipingjn

erm...how you define regret? if i am to be preggy again (hope not..:p), i will try to bf again. but the fact that i did not bf my ds1 and only bf my ds2 for 3 days, i don't blame myself for stopping cos there is more to look forward to in motherhood than bfg. just because there are strong beliefs/announcement etc etc that breastmilk is bestmilk, don't think yourself as being a lousy mum just cos you didn't bf.
Lol. How come don't want t get preggie again? If I have another child, I also die die will BF this time round. But I also hope won't so heng again lo. Hahah. Yeap, all mommies are great.

Agnes Josephine

Although breastfeeding really benefits the baby, but even when you didn't breastfeed your baby or only breastfeed your baby for few days, a week or 1 month, that doesn't mean that you're not a GOOD MUMMY cuz you falied to breastfeed...

As what jedamum mentioned, there's really lots more of other things to look forward in motherhood... Like your baby's 1st flip, 1st crawl, 1st laugh, 1st walk, 1st time hearing him/her calling you 'Mummy' & lots more...

I also didn't breastfeed my ds for long too & he's on EBM (expressed breastmilk) & half formula milk... I didn't even latched him on when breastfeeding cuz I also had difficulties in latching him... I had to expressed it out every 2-3 hours & I suffered bad engorgement that I had to make a trip down to KKH to get help from the nurses there... And after having expressing the BM out, I gave it straight to my ds (still in the nursery for almost 1 week as he had jaundice when he's 2 day old)... So my ds had formula milk when he's in KKH... And that doesn't make me a BAD or lousy mummy...

Cuz I always think that all MUMMIES are GREAT whether they BF their babies long or not... So I don't think there's this word 'Regret' in most mummies' dictionary... :Dancing_wub:

LoVeS

WAH i really like tis sentence alot coz i rmb most of the time ppl would b telling me "why u gif up so easily?" "why u didnt bf?" "keep trying mah"

Juz by hearing those comments makes me even more upset n feel tat i didnt gif my ds the best which end up blaming myself. Although i really did tried my best but ds juz wont cooperate at all. By hearing the sentence above really makes my day :red:

LoVeS

Yalor, that time I in hospital also difficult t latch on. The nurse also sian, say later then try again. Lol. Your DS keep biting, not pain ah? Btw, he's very cute. :001_302:
Ya the nurse n BF expert aso say later try again WHICH i keep telling myself i haf to BF ds BUT we tried really so many times n even method yet he loves to bite only. Of coz very pain lor n feel very disappointed wif myself tat why i cant BF my ds. I knw BM is really gd sumore all along my own body immune system is quite bad so i worry my ds would inheritance frm me tats why i keep trying but in the end still failed.

LOL why u say he very cute? Bcoz he bite ah? :001_302:
Sumore by then my breast engorgement was really so bad tat regardless cold cabbage or other methods aso wont ease the pain which juz a slight touch wif a finger aso hurt like MAD so bo bian ask for pills to clear the BM. The pain was really so bad n my breast swollen so badly too tat my dh even comment tat my breast look like up 2 cup size which is why cant even express out the BM.

helo.kity

My first try with my bb is beri unsuccessful. She do not like to suck, maybe shes abit pre-mature, birth at 36 weeks. Not really interested at first. But by the time she is interested, my milk supply is really low and she have been take supplement from formula milk. Hopefully, my coming bb wld b different. I hope to b successful in BF. So that I can also give my elder one, so of the BM. Any tips ???

Amulet

My first try with my bb is beri unsuccessful. She do not like to suck, maybe shes abit pre-mature, birth at 36 weeks. Not really interested at first. But by the time she is interested, my milk supply is really low and she have been take supplement from formula milk. Hopefully, my coming bb wld b different. I hope to b successful in BF. So that I can also give my elder one, so of the BM. Any tips ???
milk supply can be increase by alot of methods de..

Amulet

Hi Mommies.
Anyone here regret for not BFing your baby?

I breastfeed mine for only 10days then stop. Cse baby don't like and also very tough latching on. Don't know why he don't like also. But my friend told me eating too much sweet things may cause baby t dislike.
not true about the sweet thing wor.. i love my icecreams n watermelon n chocolates.. but baby still ok with my bm.. hahha

Pink daisy

My advice is to keep at it! Let your bb latch on n suck. It may take a while to regulate supply, but babies are the best n natural stimulator for breast milk. Using pump is suggested to regulate BM better or fr storage purpose, but most pumps could not properly empties boobies (one must use hands' massage to empty it). Empty one boob properly before giving the other to optimize production
Drink plenty of fluids:water, boiled green beans water n eat papaya

My bb was born at wk 35, and breastmilk produced by prematures babies' mothers contain special antibodies to accommodate their premature babies. Not all babies have the knack to directly suck at their mothers straight after birth. The skills need to be acquired by practising which takes alot, alot of preseverance. So Good luck :Dancing_tongue:

jopeck

BMSG Moderator
My advice is to keep at it! Let your bb latch on n suck. It may take a while to regulate supply, but babies are the best n natural stimulator for breast milk. Using pump is suggested to regulate BM better or fr storage purpose, but most pumps could not properly empties boobies (one must use hands' massage to empty it). Empty one boob properly before giving the other to optimize production
Drink plenty of fluids:water, boiled green beans water n eat papaya

My bb was born at wk 35, and breastmilk produced by prematures babies' mothers contain special antibodies to accommodate their premature babies. Not all babies have the knack to directly suck at their mothers straight after birth. The skills need to be acquired by practising which takes alot, alot of preseverance. So Good luck :Dancing_tongue:
get prepared by going for talks or reading up about breastfeeding. It is something that is learned its not instinctive for you or the baby.

BMSG has a series of workshops that deal with increasing your breastfeeding knowledge and showing you where to find the support you need... check it out!

ceshayne

Hi mummies,

I regrat for just feedin my first boy for 1-2mths due to lack of support from family and self knowledge too little..
Now i'm happy with myself as i have BF successfully on my 2nd boy for 1 yr and still continue.. But afterall, BF really isnt everything in motherhood.

regards
Ceshayne

wlin

i never managed to breastfeed both dd for more than 1 or 2 weeks. Just don't have enuff milk.

Was very stressed both times because babies didn't have enuff to drink, so had to supplement w formula milk. Tried everything with the 2nd one to increase supplies, green papayas.... fish soup... even tablets from the lactation consultant. But no change :(

BUT both girls grow up really fine, hardly sick and grew well. Now my third preggy... will still try to bf for first few days for what's is worth, but not going to get stressed over it anymore :)

aloy

yes. regrets . unfortunately really have little milk about 80ml or below expressed daily . :err: tried the green papya soup . did not work.

SH74

huipingjn > not true la. i eat ALOT of ice cream during pregnancy but my boy can still latch on straightaway on 1st try in hospital.

for me, my boy has mixture of bm n fm. right fr start, i alr decided not to give him 100% bm. though bm is good, i dun wan to stress n tire myself too much. so i jus give my boy bm when i can, as much as i can. if still not enough, i'll jus give him fm. most impt is my boy is fed.

so no regrets for me though only partial bf. :D wanted to stop bf totally when he's 6mths old. now thinking if i shld cont till he's 1 yr old since i'm a SAHM n to save some milk powder $$. but scared he bite me. :)

aloy > i used to express out everytime but seeing the amt of milk i expressed makes me v upset n stressed. so i stopped. i jus let my boy latch directly. actu better, easier, faster. though cant know exactly how much my boy had consumed, it doesnt really matter. if he cries for more, jus supplement w fm. most impt is he drink enough milk.

my mil is v proud of herself 'cause she 100% bf her son. so alw brag abt it. this added stress to me.

n everytime she c me give fm to my boy, she thot i dun hv enough bm, so alw cook papaya soup for me. not much use. 'cause i feel stressed knowing that she's alw watching n monitoring my supply. i'm not close to my mil. i feel such things v personal n pte.

but aft she went back, i find that my supply is more 'cause i feel more relaxed. no more stressed.

snowbear

Ya the nurse n BF expert aso say later try again WHICH i keep telling myself i haf to BF ds BUT we tried really so many times n even method yet he loves to bite only. Of coz very pain lor n feel very disappointed wif myself tat why i cant BF my ds. I knw BM is really gd sumore all along my own body immune system is quite bad so i worry my ds would inheritance frm me tats why i keep trying but in the end still failed.

LOL why u say he very cute? Bcoz he bite ah? :001_302:
Sumore by then my breast engorgement was really so bad tat regardless cold cabbage or other methods aso wont ease the pain which juz a slight touch wif a finger aso hurt like MAD so bo bian ask for pills to clear the BM. The pain was really so bad n my breast swollen so badly too tat my dh even comment tat my breast look like up 2 cup size which is why cant even express out the BM.
My bb also bit me! Gave me blisters on my nipples but when the blisters about to heal I tried latching again and managed to succeed. It should get better la... My engorgement also very bad and i had blocked ducts too which made my breasts super hard and painful. But now I've successfully latched her for 1 month (initially she was on ebm) and she (unfortunately) has started to hate the bottle.

I nearly gave up bfding but I kept feeling very guilty each time the thought crossed my mind and I kept crying. Thankfully, i didnt give up.
But through it all, I realised that if you can't breastfeed, it's ok. You don't have to beat yourself up for it. As my hubby encouraged me back then, baby needs a happy mummy to thrive. If bfding is causing so much unhappiness and pain, it is perfectly ok to give formula. Babies grow up either way! :)