Relationship of your ex-spouse with your child?

willows

My spouse and I have been separated. We have a DD who is 18 months old.

Just like to find out how your child react with your ex-spouse?

Recently I had found that my DD misses her dad badly when I explained to her that daddy had left us and will only visit her and play with her when he is free, but she will weep and can see that she feel upset about it.

Has anyone come across this before? And how do you overcome it? Does the relationship of your ex-spouse who has the visitation access close to your child? How do you feel? Do you feel jealous?

My spouse and I have been separated. We have a DD who is 18 months old.

Just like to find out how your child react with your ex-spouse?

Recently I had found that my DD misses her dad badly when I explained to her that daddy had left us and will only visit her and play with her when he is free, but she will weep and can see that she feel upset about it.

Has anyone come across this before? And how do you overcome it? Does the relationship of your ex-spouse who has the visitation access close to your child? How do you feel? Do you feel jealous?
my son dun really very close with his dad.. when me and my ex separated is when he 3 yrs plus and when i ask him y daddy nv stay with us he will just say we dun want daddy lor..
but he will go over to his dad side a few days lor.. cos of my ex pil..
so he will play with him but nv miss him.. maybe just explain to your dd.. but she still young to understand..
maybe once a wk ask your ex to come and visit her..

willows

Her, dad now comes to visit her almost everyday. And I can feel that they have a strong bond, as she will call out "papa, papa" day and night. But when I told her "papa is not staying with us" I can see her feeling sad for a while.

I am also worried how will my girl behave in a single parent family.

Also need advice on how to give her all the positive support / concept.

Her, dad now comes to visit her almost everyday. And I can feel that they have a strong bond, as she will call out "papa, papa" day and night. But when I told her "papa is not staying with us" I can see her feeling sad for a while.

I am also worried how will my girl behave in a single parent family.

Also need advice on how to give her all the positive support / concept.
normally i explain to my son de.. me and his dad no longer together but will still love him as before.. only that we stay separately.. and tell her that her dad will still love her and tell her u c papa always come and c u..
actually it's hard at her age to understand.. kids adapt very fast so dun worry.. but pls get the care giver to observe any change of behaviour..
i even ask my ds cc teacher to observe when i first separate and gd to hear that nothing change..

willows

Sorry, I may be worried too much.

I am also worried that my ex will bring my DD out with his gf and they will brainwash her. Did anyone come across such situation? How will you handle it?

Thanks

Sorry, I may be worried too much.

I am also worried that my ex will bring my DD out with his gf and they will brainwash her. Did anyone come across such situation? How will you handle it?

Thanks
my ex also bring my son out with his gf.. i already tell him if prepared to get married then ok if play play de pls dun bring him along..
so my ex understand my concern and he only intro her to my son as jie jie.. so my son will tell me papa jie jie lor..
u have to talk to your ex nicely on these terms de.. if not more problems will arise on the way..

I have another questio. How many times and how many hours per week does you ex vist your dear son?
for my son he will go over my ex mum house to stay overnite for 2-3 times per wk.. and depends does he at home to accompany him..

btw u r separated or divorce?

Currently separated and my ex staying with his gf now. Will be proceeding with a divorce soon.
since haven settle with the divorce paper.. u can request the lawyer to write down in the paper watever u think is a concern for u.. maybe can state the how many time he can visit per mth.. for my case.. my ex have unlimited visit and i cannot restrict one.. but u can choose..
and will u be getting the joint custody and care and control of your daughter

willows

It is really stressful to deal with all these issue.

What about you? Are you still in seperation now? Or you've divorced?

Why regret? And changing of what paper?
divorce paper.. cos actually the flat i wanted to let him have it so he will have to take my son care and control.. but verbally care and control is under me.. after the things is settle.. i really feel that it's not wise to give him the flat and my son name under him.. so i decided to sell the flat and get my son care and control over.. and it's troublesome to go through second time to c lawyer and wait for the final judgement.. anyway divorce is nv easy..

did u choose to take the custody or joint custody

willows

I wanted the custody, but I know he will contest. As we are not in talking term now. I think he view me as his enemy now. So I can foresee that my divorce will be a tough one. So everyday I just pray that things will get on smoothly.

I wanted the custody, but I know he will contest. As we are not in talking term now. I think he view me as his enemy now. So I can foresee that my divorce will be a tough one. So everyday I just pray that things will get on smoothly.
for me, we divorce very amicably.. but really have to sit down and talk abt the terms.. if not ask your lawyer to set a appointment for u 2 to sit down and he will be present de..
u have any house joint name with him

willows

Sadly to mention, my DD woke up twice last night and cry for papa. But there is really no return already, he left us for another woman.

Can anyone advice me how to deal with my DD now? 好心酸 seeing my Lil one suffer.

Sadly to mention, my DD woke up twice last night and cry for papa. But there is really no return already, he left us for another woman.

Can anyone advice me how to deal with my DD now? 好心酸 seeing my Lil one suffer.
think she really too young to understand that.. and i heard ppl saying that gal is more close to daddy.. maybe she still not used to it.. how long u and your ex separated?