religion

January84

are u the sharing the same religion belief before u marry to your DH?

what is your/DH religion and any conflicts about that?

My dad said to me that each one can have a diff belief so I can choose my own religion or to be a free tinkle.

I chose to be a free tinkle as I don want to anyhow commit myself that time as I was too young then..

my DH followed MIL 拜观音 so my son also 拜观音. . . my DH is very traditional so he will want my son to follow him loh...

and me . . . . not so free tinkle now. . . .

:001_302:

My HB & me not same religion. In fact, it can't be any worse than us.
He Christian, I'm Muslim. We went for civil marriage coz I'll be a hypocrite if I undermine his religion when I myself am not religious. He should only convert on his own terms, not to appease my relatives. My mom was furious at 1st but my dad supports my decision.
I think about my bb & wonder what to do with her in terms of religion. Maybe it's best to expose her to all religions & let her decide for herself. If she wants to be Buddhist, power to her. If she wants to be a Scientologist like Tom Cruise, I'll lock her up & throw away the keys.

CanCanMum

religion cannot be forced. Ur boy may folo now but next time when he grows up he will hab his own thinking de.

My DH is a buddist....a staunched buddist...me oso buddist but not so "on"...keke...(oops)

my son loves to pray...and he folo his daddy do the "wu ti tou di" form of praying somemore. People in the temple used to look at him and smiled...anyway he is bo tak oso ....perhaps tat makes him feel at "home".

January84

religion cannot be forced. Ur boy may folo now but next time when he grows up he will hab his own thinking de.

My DH is a buddist....a staunched buddist...me oso buddist but not so "on"...keke...(oops)

my son loves to pray...and he folo his daddy do the "wu ti tou di" form of praying somemore. People in the temple used to look at him and smiled...anyway he is bo tak oso ....perhaps tat makes him feel at "home".
hahah, cute sia....

ya la, when they are older, they have their own thinking, I am fine with that, maybe cause my dad let me choose while I was younger too..

January84

My HB & me not same religion. In fact, it can't be any worse than us.
He Christian, I'm Muslim. We went for civil marriage coz I'll be a hypocrite if I undermine his religion when I myself am not religious. He should only convert on his own terms, not to appease my relatives. My mom was furious at 1st but my dad supports my decision.
I think about my bb & wonder what to do with her in terms of religion. Maybe it's best to expose her to all religions & let her decide for herself. If she wants to be Buddhist, power to her. If she wants to be a Scientologist like Tom Cruise, I'll lock her up & throw away the keys.
yup, should convert on his own terms so that he wont have a chance to blame anyone.

ahahhaha, scientologist...

Porukadotzu

i consider myself a dote christian n hubby a free thinker.. really want hubby to bcoming christian too but out on his willingness.. i know tat he pleases my parents by agreed to be baptised b4 marriage :embarrassed: bit sad..

he's a nice n loving person thou.. its just that this religion thing that inbetween us.

Ya mah. No Hollywood religion please! People like Madonna & Tom Cruise make me scared sometimes. What Kabbalah? What alien from outer space? Siao. I oso wan to start my own religion lah. Mommy religion.

CarolOng

Both my hubby & me are Christian. No conflict as we know what r the priority in our life.

We share common values & so we're able to understand why we are doing some things. =)

SH74

my hb n i both buddhist. but not staunch. he's more like a free thinker than me. so so far still ok. luckily his mom also not staunch.