replacement of milk bottles

baby_elmo

Hi Mummies, any advise on how long then we should replace milk bottles and teats? 3 months / 6 months or 1 year?

currently using avent bottles and thought of changing to NUK bottles.

:elvis:Sometimes I will encounter leakage on avent bottles during feeding time even if i closed the bottle was tightly.
not sure where is leakage comes from. anyone experience same problem with me?

Any mums tried NUK bottles?

:wong19:

apollo

Hi Mummies, any advise on how long then we should replace milk bottles and teats? 3 months / 6 months or 1 year?

:elvis:Sometimes I will encounter leakage on avent bottles during feeding time even if i closed the bottle was tightly.

ds was using avent bottles too. and i realised if we closee too tightly, also will leak.. my hubby always close it v tightly n the milk leak out, while i dun hav such pro cos i always closee it 'just-nice'..

but we recently change ds's bottles to Bfree Plus. Cos we cant seems to find any big avent bottles, except those anti-colic avent, which we dun wan.

i suggest u to buy 1 NUK to let ur baby try 1st, if he is okay with the teat, den u buy more =)

catherlyn

I was using avent before deziree knw hw to latch but now m using nuk one. So far so gd n fir ne I intend to change the teat every 3 mth n the btl every 6 mth for BPA n every 3 mth for non BPA

ohstrawberry

I only change the teats when he's ard 3months, mainly because the flow is too slow for him already. Maybe will change the bottles when he's 6mths old, i think by then he will need bigger bottles too.
Also encounter leakage with Avent bottles, don't know why, now using pigeon peristaltic teats for wide bottle with Avent bottles, i find it a better match.
Didn't try NUK bottles before though. Expo got promo on NUK products, you may like to go see see.

ive been using nuk glass bottles so far. went to babyfair @ expo tdy, promoter said the teats should be changed every 4-6 weeks or until the teat look a little off its original color... as for the bottles, since im using glass ones, i dont think its an issue to have it changed unless its broken :001_302:

baby_elmo

I was using avent before deziree knw hw to latch but now m using nuk one. So far so good n fir ne I intend to change the teat every 3 month n the btl every 6 month for BPA n every 3 month for non BPA
hi cat, can i know if you are using glass / plastic NUK bottles?

My maid boils all baby bottles and pacificer every morning, hence i think it is better for me to get BPA bottles. :001_302:

Last edited:

littlesheep

I only change the teats when he's around 3months, mainly because the flow is too slow for him already. Maybe will change the bottles when he's 6mths old, i think by then he will need bigger bottles too.
Also encounter leakage with Avent bottles, dont't know why, now using pigeon peristaltic teats for wide bottle with Avent bottles, i find it a better match.
Didn't try NUK bottles before though. Expo got promo on NUK products, you may like to go see see.
ohstrawberry, Pigeon peristaltic teats can fit Avent bottles? wont leak?

Avent BPA-free 125ml bottles will leak. I encountered leaking problems with my Avent bottles. Went down to Philips for an exchange and it's working fine now...:)

baby_elmo

Avent BPA-free 125ml bottles will leak. I encountered leaking problems with my Avent bottles. Went down to Philips for an exchange and it's working fine now...:)
hi little sheep, you mean you got a replacement for leakage? can you describe on the leakage and how you manage to get a replacement? :err:

:001_302: hee hee... maybe all mummies in forum also can get replacement of avent bottles

dear son was using avent bottles too. and i realised if we closee too tightly, also will leak.. my hubby always close it very tightly n the milk leak out, while i dont hav such pro cos i always closee it 'just-nice'..

but we recently change dear son's bottles to Bfree Plus. Cos we cant seems to find any big avent bottles, except those anti-colic avent, which we dont want.

i suggest you to buy 1 NUK to let your baby try 1st, if he is okay with the teat, then you buy more =)
Hmm.. mine got to close tightly if not will neak. But have to put up with leaky avent bottles since my son refused all other bottles :(

Bfree has many parts... It was a chore to wash!

I'm using Tommy Tippee for daughter now - with anti-colic valve and she loves it - me too cos no more leaky bottles! ;)

littlesheep

hi little sheep, you mean you got a replacement for leakage? can you describe on the leakage and how you manage to get a replacement? :err:

:001_302: hee hee... maybe all mummies in forum also can get replacement of avent bottles
yup..i got replacement for my leaky Avent bottles. But only applies to their BPA free series. They gave me 260ml bottles in exchange for my 125ml (cos no 125ml bottles then). The customer service officer told me it's the new series. Should not leak anymore.

I just walk-in to Philips customer service centre at Toa Payoh to change.

Ermm...describe the leakage...if i turn the bottle diagonally upside down (like feeding), the milk/ water will be dripping out. When i feed my girl, her hanky will be wet..that's when i realised the bottle is leaking.

shidajat

we replace the nipples every 2 months (we use bfree, and if i'm not mistaken, it's in their instructions booklet to replace the nipples every 2 months).

and the bottles every 6 months....but this is just a guess on my part, because i didnt see it in the bfree instructions.

ohstrawberry

Son don't like Avent teats, he prefers pigeon peristaltic teats.
Oh yes, it fits perfectly with Avent bottles, no leakage so far....

celine low

Hi

I am using NUK and Avent to my son
He like NUK more but i feed him NUK my mother in law like using avent so he is using 2 brand.
If u worried about changing treat problem u can buy nuk yellow colour treat it changen every 1 or 2 month tat shape will change u will know need to change already.

cocraze

I was using Avent 125ml bottles for my girl's first month, as I was using the manual Avent breast pump. She was okay then.
I had bought the BPA-free (yellowish) pump, so I had one 125ml BPA-free bottle, which didnt fit with the non BPA-free caps and teats. They leaked all the time, so I couldn't use that bottle to feed her.

For the non BPA-free bottles, I encountered leaking but not all the time. So Im not sure whether it was a particular bottle of cap or whether close too tightly or not.

Anyway I changed to NUK a couple of weeks ago to see whether it helped her colic problem. It didnt really make a difference to her colic, but somehow I felt it was easier for her to drink (and for me to feed). I use plastic NUK bottles with the medium flow teat. She's happy with the NUK and Avent teats so far, but I use NUK more often cos I got 3 NUK 250ml bottles but only one Avent 260ml bottle. Haha...

I considered using glass NUK bottles but my hubby reminded me that it may crack if Im rough while washing or if accidentally drop on floor(which is very likely cos Im very 'butter-finger' type). Plus I read on forum that there may be minor cracks that we do not see unless we examine the bottles carefully all the time. Also if there are glass shards in the bottle, we may not notice them in the milk.