Reviews on Medela Freestyle?

nightingale

Hihi!

I'd like to ask for comments from the mummies out there who are currently using the Medela Freestyle, or who have used it before - especially if I intend to use it to pump at work as well. Is it as good as we should expect it to be, given its price? :p What do you like / not like about it?

Thanks!

PinkDiamonds

The freestyle is ideal if you intend to bring the pump from office to home everyday. I personally liked it cause of its hands free accessories, allowing me to do other things while pumping. You might find this useful in the office, so that you can pump while doing work. It comes with a memory chip so that you can program your pumping style & every time you pump, it will pump at the same suction level and for the same duration. It's ideal for working moms, both in function and portability.

I didn't use the programing function cause I found I was quite comfortable with the default setting. The hands free was great for me, but I guess there are also hands-free bras & things like the pumping pals' strap that will make your ordinary pump hands free too. Before I had the freestyle I was using the pump in style. In comparison, I prefer the pump in style cause I felt it was more silent. I'm not sure if it's just because of my sets, but I thought the pump in style had better suction than the freestyle. There are reviews online comparing these 2 and many prefer the pump in style.

Only downside of the pump in style is that it's slightly bigger and doesn't offer you the hands free convenience. Personally I will get the pump in style & leave it in the office, while direct latch on when I go home.

Callie

Hihi!

I'd like to ask for comments from the mummies out there who are currently using the Medela Freestyle, or who have used it before - especially if I intend to use it to pump at work as well. Is it as good as we should expect it to be, given its price? :p What do you like / not like about it?

Thanks!
I did a review on pump in style and freestyle on my blog.

Www.reveriestar.com

Second post from the top if i'm not wrong. :D

nightingale

Hi ladies,
I've just started expressing my BM using the freestyle, and I find that I am leaking all over the place. Does anyone else experience this? Understand that our milk comes out not just from the nipple but also from around the areola area - my areola area is quite large. Is this a possible cause, and if so, what can I do about it? e.g. does medela offer larger cup sizes?

Humpty

Hi ladies,
I've just started expressing my breast milk using the freestyle, and I find that I am leaking all over the place. Does anyone else experience this? Understand that our milk comes out not just from the nipple but also from around the areola area - my areola area is quite large. Is this a possible cause, and if so, what can I do about it? e.g. does medela offer larger cup sizes?
No other sizes for softfit i think. But you can buy a personal fit (the hard shields) in other sizes.

Hi ladies,
I've just started expressing my breast milk using the freestyle, and I find that I am leaking all over the place. Does anyone else experience this? Understand that our milk comes out not just from the nipple but also from around the areola area - my areola area is quite large. Is this a possible cause, and if so, what can I do about it? e.g. does medela offer larger cup sizes?
hmm, so far i never use hands free one so no leaking happen cox holding the milk bottles with hands.. and i'm using hard shield one...

nightingale

Thanks for your replies ladies; dropped by the Medela servicing centre at Toh Tuck Ave and picked up a pair of hard shields measured to size. The leaking problem is resolved!
I was told that the softfit (that comes with the freestyle) is designed specially for mummies who may suffer from engorgement - it will be more comfortable to use if you have that, otherwise I tried the hard shields they're not too bad. In fact I had to buy 2 different sizes for L and R! Good thing they sell them in singles. :)

my beauty loft

MEDELA FREESTYLE BREASTPUMP NEW 2010
The world's smallest high-performance electric breastpump gives a mother more time and flexibility in her everyday life. Ideal for daily and frequent use.
* With 2-Phase Expression
* Single or double pumping
* SoftFit Breastshield and PersonalFit Breastshield for maximum comfort and output
* Hands-free accessories for more freedom while pumping
* Stylish shoulder bag including cooler for on-the-go convenience
* Rechargeable battery provides 3 hours pumping time
List Price: S$988.00
BP Price : S$480.00

MEDELA PUMP IN STYLE ADVANCE NEW
With this eletric breastpump in a trendy backpack the active and working mother is fully equipped for pumping - any time, any placem every day. Ideal for frequent and extended use.
* Gently massaging SoftFit Breastshield
* Removable motor unit and Cooler Carrier
* Electric or battery-powered
List Price: S$754.00
BP Price : S$400.00

MEDELA SWING ELECTRIC NEW
An electric breastpump which perfectly adapts to the daily routine of a dynamic mother. Idea for occasional or frequent pumping - handy, trendy and quiet.
* with 2-Phase Expression
* Ideal for out and about
List Price: S$336.20
BP Price : S$315.00

All Pricing include International shipping charges, exclude singapore delivery charges.keen to join in my BP, email me at mybeautyloft@yahoo.com.sg
http://mybeautyloft.multiply.com/photos/album/6/Medela_Breast_Pump_Spree_Closing_30_Oct_2010

my beauty loft

MEDELA FREESTYLE BREASTPUMP NEW 2010
The world's smallest high-performance electric breastpump gives a mother more time and flexibility in her everyday life. Ideal for daily and frequent use.
* SoftFit Breastshield and PersonalFit Breastshield for maximum comfort and output
* Hands-free accessories for more freedom while pumping
* Stylish shoulder bag including cooler for on-the-go convenience
* Rechargeable battery provides 3 hours pumping time
List Price: S$988.00
BP Price : S$480.00

MEDELA PUMP IN STYLE ADVANCE NEW
With this eletric breastpump in a trendy backpack the active and working mother is fully equipped for pumping - any time, any placem every day. Ideal for frequent and extended use.
* Removable motor unit and Cooler Carrier
List Price: S$754.00
BP Price : S$400.00

MEDELA SWING ELECTRIC NEW
An electric breastpump which perfectly adapts to the daily routine of a dynamic mother. Idea for occasional or frequent pumping - handy, trendy and quiet.
* with 2-Phase Expression
* Ideal for out and about
List Price: S$336.20
BP Price : S$315.00

All Pricing include International shipping charges, exclude singapore delivery charges.keen to join in my BP, email me at mybeautyloft@yahoo.com.sg
[URL="http://mybeautyloft.multiply.com/photos/album/6/Medela_Breast_Pump_Spree_Closing_30_Oct_2010"]http://mybeautyloft.multiply.com/photos/album/6/Medela_Breast_Pump_Spree_Closing_30_Oct_2010[/URL]

END of my Spree (Batch 1) - Hit quota for Freestyle and PISA.

Thanks.

megababystore

Medela Pumps
1. Medela Freestyle, BNIB, US set SG$475, Retail price $988 (no convertor required, only 2 to 3 pin adaptor, or add $2.50 for adaptor)
2A. Medela Pump In Style Advanced Backpack, BNIB, US set SG$385, Retail price $754. Require Voltage convertor, or item 23 for use in Singapore
2B. Medela Pump In Style Advanced Shoulder Bag, BNIB, US set SG$385, Retail price $754. Require Voltage convertor, or item 23
2C. Medela Pump In Style Advanced Metro Bag, BNIB, US set SG$435, Require Voltage converter or item 23.
3. Medela Harmony Manual pump, BNIB SG$71.50, Retail price $101.90
4. Medela Swing BNIB US set SG$225. Require voltage converter. Retail price $336.10

Please refer to medela website link below on what is included in the pump:-
Breastpumps - Medela

Visit my website for more information - About Us « Megababystore's Blog
Terms and conditions:
1 All items are ready stock and brand new, but some are limited stock only on a first come first serve basis. No reservation, unless item is paid.
2 All products are original and imported from US from authorised dealer.
3 Strictly no returns/ exchange unless wrong product sent. Please make sure correct item is ordered. You are always welcome to enquire about the product by using pm, or email megababystore@live.com

Last edited:

Flora2011

I happened to have 2 brand new sets of Medela Freestyle Handsfree Electric Breastpump ( actually I bought 1 and my husband bought 1 coincidentally the same brand at abt the same time) . I bought at originaly price of S$988, I am willing to let go at cheeap discount at $699 the extra one that I do not need. I have just purchased so it is still under warranty period. This brand and model is highly recommended by my colleagues who has used it before. If any mother interested in buying, please call me at 93865441.

whitecatz

No other sizes for softfit i think. But you can buy a personal fit (the hard shields) in other sizes.
And personal fit shields last a lot longer than the soft fit. I find that I have to change the soft fit every other month or so. very expensive :(

whitecatz

I prefer the Freestyle over the PISA for the following reasons.

1) it is more gentle than the PISA.
2) the motor is lighter and quieter. more portable
3) The parts are easier to clean - you have to detach the valve and the membrane on the PISA; that's 4 extra parts to wash.
4) The membrane on the PISA tears easily - I killed quite a few. No such problem with the freestyle.

Actually, I find the Harmony even better in terms of milk extraction but that's a different story :)

Lynx

Selling the Medela Freestyle pump for sgd699 and the Medela Pump in Style for sgd550. Direct from authorized US dealer. Bought for my sister but she already has. SMS me by next week if interested. Only one each. 93369660.

catlady

Hi to all mummies.. i need ur further explanations on medela PIS n freestyle.. how does it actually works? Coz im quite confused now n dunnoe wic to buy.. correct me if im wrong.. for medela PIS u hav to brg alg the whole bag n ensure tat there is plug nearby where u wanna pump? Cant we pump if its not plugin or wif battery? My concern if the portability n compactibility.. if it requires plugs whenever we need to pump it will be hard esp when im back to wrk.. coz th only place i can pump is in the toilet.. need ur opinions n explanations here..

freestyle is very small and compact, easy to bring along. but there are users saying pisa suction is better.

i am a freestyle user, so far i am very happy with it.

Suzie San

Hi, I am a freestyle user too. The pump is light, small and compact. You can bring it to anywhere easily. So far I find the suction is good but I always massage my breast during the pumping so as to clear any possible blockage.

Any body interested in buying Medela Swing electric:

We would like to let go of brand new Medela Swing at $250 purchased from Mums and Babes at Baby fair(Price 299)

Contact us @ 98523482 (What'sapp/SMS)

FAQ...

1) Is the SWING set a Local set or a US set?
Ans: This SWING set is a local set with local warranty.

2) What does the set comes with?
Ans: This full set comes with all the standard accessories

- Electric 2-phase breastpump (motor, tube, funnel)
- Bottle with cap, standing base, strap, pouch
- Calma teat
Very portable for working mum...minimum noise..

3) How long is the warranty coverage?
Ans: Warranty coverage is for 1 year starting from the baby's birthday and it covers in Singapore.

4) Is the price negotiable?
Ans: Well, I pretty much like to but this is a very attractive price you could ever find in the market for a Brand New local set.

5) What's the arrangement for the payment and collection?
Ans: Can decide on the meeting place, cash on delivery as to ensure products quality and authenticity
6) Why am I selling?
Ans: Got another piece in baby shower.
Contact @98523482