Runaway Stroller *SUPER ANGRY*

camomile

Dear Mummies

Please be careful with your strollers, remember (ALWAYS) to put on the brakes when the strollers are stationary!

My stroller rolled away on the pavement which was slightly sloped (I swear that it doesn't feel sloped at all lor)...at a short distance it went down the curb onto a road. And Guess What the Worst has Happened!!!

The damn (pardon my language) stroller went capsized, facedown with my BABY in it.

The minute I notice the accident, its too late, my baby has already fallen facedown onto the road. With the "brilliant" stroller folded up neatly on the floor.

I quickly grab the troller, take my baby out. He was in fright and shocked speechless, until for another 5 seconds, then he burst out CRYING!!! Thankfully, THANK GOD!!!!! My baby suffered a slight bruised cheek and slight scratches on his forehead. No head nor face injuries.

I brought him to KK, and doctor says its very commmon. Therefore all of you out there, please brake your strollers! Please be careful with light weight strollers too.

Baby Drowns in Tragic Jogging Stroller Accident - Strollerderby

When you have time, pray regularly for God's protection over your precious baby...times like this prayer works!!!

Shock of my life... I feel sooo heart pain... My baby Joshua 4 months old.

apollo

Dear Mummies

Please be careful with your strollers, remember (ALWAYS) to put on the brakes when the strollers are stationary!

My stroller rolled away on the pavement which was slightly sloped (I swear that it doesn't feel sloped at all )...at a short distance it went down the curb onto a road. And Guess What the Worst has Happened!!!

The damn (pardon my language) stroller went capsized, facedown with my BABY in it.

The minute I notice the accident, its too late, my baby has already fallen facedown onto the road. With the "brilliant" stroller folded up neatly on the floor.

I quickly grab the troller, take my baby out. He was in fright and shocked speechless, until for another 5 seconds, then he burst out CRYING!!! Thankfully, THANK GOD!!!!! My baby suffered a slight bruised cheek and slight scratches on his forehead. No head nor face injuries.

I brought him to KK, and doctor says its very commmon. Therefore all of you out there, please brake your strollers! Please be careful with light weight strollers too.

When you have time, pray regularly for God's protection over your precious baby...times like this prayer works!!!

oh dear! is lil Joshua okay now??

i'm using capella, it will 'drift' too.. so what we do now is to lock the back wheels, to prevent it from 'drifting'..

thks for sharing, will defintely be extra cautious when bringing ds out in future. =)

meiteoh

Thanks for the tips!

I never leave my stroller unattended without locking it and I opted for a heavier stroller for security purposes - never mind that the darn thing weighs in at 14 kg. Heavier is often sturdier too as lighter strollers can tip over.

Must mention to never put your diaper bag over the stroller handle unless they are made for it. Lighter strollers can tip "forwards" leading to airborn babies and such. Heck, even my heavy stroller with Eva in it (total weight would be over 20 kg) can sometimes feel like it's going to lift up if I put too much weight on the handles. :/

And also buy strollers with five point safety harness for better protection. I noticed that some strollers particularly those bordering on the cheaper side have poor designs for that harness/"safety belt" - it should ideally "wrap" around baby's chest and waist.

Having shared all that, am glad to hear that your little one is safe and sound. *big hugs*

camomile

Mine is Capella!! The part which makes me angry is, it toppled..and folded by itself.

You may say, its Mummy's fault, she didn't brake it. Okay, its my fault. But the toppling part is completely unacceptable. The ergonomics is just not there! How can a stroller TOPPLE face down!

And it folded by itself, which makes matter worst. That mean the back of the stroller is pushing my baby's face/body more to the ground.

When I knew he fell, the stroller is sitting FLAT on the floor.

Thankfully I strapped him in, though I can't understand how that might "saved" him from a face down smack on the ground.

Therefore it must be GOD!

I can't throw the stroller away, cos its a gift from my brother in law (sensitive to throw/give away)..but its definietely going to be kept in my storeroom till end of time...

apollo

lik what Meiteoh said, 5point belt is better but i didnt think so much last time, tot as long as the stroller look nice will do.. so now ds tend to pull his body 'out' of the stroller thus we have to keep our eyes on him every min when he is inside the stroller.. and considering to get a Maclaren one but the basket is too small, as i have to habit to put the diaper bag in the basket below the stroller instead of hanging it..

Camomile, dont blame urself, u didnt wan it to happen either. once bitten twice shy, at least next time u noe alrdy... =)

apollo

omg..luckily baby is ok..
i shall get a heavier stroller then..
if u have ur own transport when going out, it's defintely okay to get a heavier one.. mine is 8kilo+, if i go out alone, must take cab n ask the uncle to help me, if not carry ds diffi to put the stroller alrdy, and my hse nearby got no MRT =(... haha..

OMG. I will be super heart ache and pissed too if it happens to my K bear.

Thanks for sharing, shall pick a heavier stroller and remember to brake it always. Wonder what other stuff to look out? Recently there has been reports of various brands of strollers (like Maclaren) snipping off babies' fingers when in use, no other details provided..

meiteoh

Urm, a lock feature to prevent the stroller from collapsing on its own like what happened in camomile's case.

camomile, yeah, if it's a gift by a close relative, hard to get rid of. Maybe can consider using it again when your baby is older lor.

apollo, that's why I babywear when I go out with Eva alone to anywhere further than the park near our place. Otherwise, I'll go bankrupt!

apollo

Urm, a lock feature to prevent the stroller from collapsing on its own like what happened in camomile's case.

camomile, yeah, if it's a gift by a close relative, hard to get rid of. Maybe can consider using it again when your baby is older .

apollo, that's why I babywear when I go out with Eva alone to anywhere further than the park near our place. Otherwise, I'll go bankrupt!
babe, i intend to get a better baby carrier, i wonder if Eva is getting used to the baby carrier and refuse the stroller? i'm afriad mine will get used to the carrier and next time keep want us to be carry :embarrassed:

meiteoh

Actually no woh. She is okay in the stroller/car seat and can sleep in it for much longer as compared to the baby carrier. :)

Last edited:

nurman02

Dear Mummies

My stroller rolled away on the pavement which was slightly sloped (I swear that it doesn't feel sloped at all )...at a short distance it went down the curb onto a road. And Guess What the Worst has Happened!!!

Thank you for the alert! Glad baby Joshua is alright... God Bless Him...

Ting

thank god joshua is okay.
he must hv a shock.
but imo, i nvr leave my stroller/pram unattended.
i always hold on to it even if im not moving/walking.
maybe im paranoid, im more afraid of someone suddenly barging in n push my stroller away. LOL~

diymummy

There was actually a news report before of a stroller in UK rolling onto the train tracks with baby's face down and the train was just coming into the station. The train pushed the stroller along the tracks. The baby was ok. Had a few scratches here and there.

Thank God your baby is ok.

Satellite

I'm glad tht your baby is alright. He is very lucky.

Two more points to add;

1) always lock the pram. This would prevent it from folding up. If it does still fold up on impact - thta is natural due tot he force fo the impact.

2) Always put ont he brakes with the pram tilted slanted to the slope so that if it does move, it will not roll down the slopes immediately. Same while waiting at teh traffic lights. Place the pram horizontal to the road until the green man comes on. (in the event you accidently let go of it for whatever reasons, it would not roll onto the roads) Only takes a few seconds to turn it right way for crossing.

Gelyn

Thanks god that baby Joshua is fine.

I am like Ting, always make sure the stroller/ pram is right beside me. For me, I scare someone just push my baby away without me noticed it.

cookiez

There was actually a news report before of a stroller in UK rolling onto the train tracks with baby's face down and the train was just coming into the station. The train pushed the stroller along the tracks. The baby was ok. Had a few scratches here and there.

Thank God your baby is ok.
ya ya think i saw that video somewhere too. it was HORRIBLE.
must tell and nag at my mom or hubby if they were to take dear Kylie out in future. *GULP***

hakisumi

omg~!!
luckily everything is ok..
and really thanks all for reminding..
must really brake-lock & dun overload the stroller
and like cookiez.. i am gg to "remind' in-laws to lock the stroller whenever stationary..esp i just bought a super light weight cum ez kept stroller for their everyday market usage

Yes yes, very important..even with a hardy stokke xplory i must say it will move by it self the slighest uneven surface of pavements.. ! pray hard for protection