SAHM: Ever get the SAHM Blues? How do you deal with it?

I mean honestly, can any SAHM not get the Blues?
If so, how do you deal with it - considering you get no 'Time-Off' at all throughout the week?

Need some inspiration here.. :D

Cheerios,
the prelovedshoppekeeper

apsmendoza

As soon as baby falls asleep at night, I drink hot chocolate and read the paper or watch tv to unwind. Then I take a looooong hot shower to relax and lastly, surf the net before going to sleep. That's how I recharge for the next tiring day.:Dancing_wub:

Mrs Xie

Watching tv progs and dvds, surfing net to distress for the past 6 months as an SAHM.... Currently working, therefore would only surf net in the night time when dd asleep......

Last edited:

summer

at times the blue is too much for me, i just cry it out....most of the time, will surf net, chat with frens on phone/msn or watch tv loh

Sheree

I will go for massage to relax myself or retail therapy is one of my favourite choices too.:tlaugh:

beware of watching too much tv also... meaning those klorean and taiwanese idol series. It also does make one sink deeper into unhappiness cos u may ask why ur dh not like the guy in the show and so on. And sometimes, chasing serials can tire u out more than being with the kiddos.

when baby sleeps, it is good to sleep too or just unwind with ur fav book/ mag/ coffee/ tea... whatever that will make u feel that u are very blessed to enjoy this moment.

xiaodaisy

beware of watching too much tv also... meaning those klorean and taiwanese idol series. It also does make one sink deeper into unhappiness cos u may ask why ur dh not like the guy in the show and so on. And sometimes, chasing serials can tire u out more than being with the kiddos.

when baby sleeps, it is good to sleep too or just unwind with ur fav book/ mag/ coffee/ tea... whatever that will make u feel that u are very blessed to enjoy this moment.
really mah ??? i always chase taiwan idol series loh, haha ... LOL !!

Supergirl

Things that I do that will chase the blues away:

1) Reading
2) Play computer games
3) Shopping
4) Watch Taiwanese Idol Series
5) Call hubby and vent it out!

Overall, I still think we are fortunate to be able to be SAHM, just think along that line will feel great............

:Dancing_tongue:

nabmum

relak ah...

Once my 2 imps are asleep i'll surf the net and browse for stuff that i could never buy. Put them in the shopping cart and then when i'm tired just off the computer and go to sleep :wong20:

Haha, sort of like virtual retail therapy :wong4:But never fork out any money hehe....

himawari

When i am really bored at home, i ll put my baby in a stroller and we ll go for a small walk around the park. Seeing scenery and people does makes the mood go away.
I like to window shop alone, so sometimes will bring my baby out to window shop for an hour.
Now its slightly better as she has classes on friday and saturday. Interaction with other mom and dads does make me sane for a while.

rykiel

aiyos.. for me i'll log in to viwawa and have my mj sessions. find something to do in the house, disturb my DS , call n disturb my DH at wrk, or just talk nonsensical things with my girl online.. nite time will be leading DS to play with ahgong ah ma than ill sneak off to have a puff.. LOLs. virtual retail theraphy sounds nt bad.. i should try it man.

Last edited:

daberdew

For me ah, sleeping with my baby, surfing the net or go over to my sis or dad's place (which is nearby), chatting on MSN with frens, etc. helps!!!:tlaugh:

EnFlor

Kindda frustrated on the initial stage of being a SAHM mum for me. But soon,i'll be coming to 2.5 yrs into it. And i'm now more in control of situation at home when i'm with the kids only. (in fact, i am with the kids most times coz hubby is often away overseas for many days in a week.)

some of SAHM blues :
angst, frustration, feel unworthy, helpless, loneliness, envy (after looking at career working women), regrets, anything else to add ??

How do i recharge ?
- giving myself a good body scrub. (often do this when my kids are taking their afternoon nap)
- sometimes, hubby suggests that we 'park' the kids for a few hours at grands. We use those time to date.
- my mum comes in occasionally to see the kids and i take the opportunity to go for body massage.
- be young at heart (laugh and play with the kids...even in public)
- do self-reflection every night b4 i go to bed. Helps me to handle similar situations better
- No Cooking Day once a week.
- short getaway with hubby at least twice a year, w/o children

Others which i hope to do eventually :
1) taking up craft courses of my interests
2) doing some volunteer work