Salompas backache plaster for preg mummies?

lyra

Does anyone know if there's any backache plaster like Salompas which preg mummies can use? I read the instruction for Salompas and it says not suitable for people sensitive to Aspirin, and Aspirin is what preg and breastfeeding mums avoid. So is there anything I can use? Hope to get something to alleviate the backaches. Thanks!

I don't think so. I remember asking my Gynae if I can apply stuff on my backache n he give a strict NO. So I seek hubby help to give a light massage whenever I feel pain

Qookie

If you go for prenatal classes, they'll teach your husband how to do pregnancy massage. It's really good! ;) I did mine at Parkway East hospital.

lyra

If you go for prenatal classes, they'll teach your husband how to do pregnancy massage. It's really good! ;) I did mine at Parkway East hospital.
He always massaged for me during 1st preg but this time round, after work, or after weekend trips, we r so tired n we need to feed number one, bath him, put him to sleep n he refused to go to bed sometimes. Have to run around n chase him or follow him ard. My back aches super badly after all these but hubby is also exhausted. So it's not gd to ask him to massage all the time. When it's very achy n he's free, I'll ask him to, but sometimes he's snoring already n I just hope I can stick a salompas n then go to sleep...

Qookie

I know pregnant women aren't supposed to go in hot tubs. But what if you stand under a warm (or slightly warm) shower so that your back muscles are warmed and relaxed? Will that help?

arielyxt

He always massaged for me during 1st preg but this time round, after work, or after weekend trips, we r so tired n we need to feed number one, bath him, put him to sleep n he refused to go to bed sometimes. Have to run around n chase him or follow him ard. My back aches super badly after all these but hubby is also exhausted. So it's not gd to ask him to massage all the time. When it's very achy n he's free, I'll ask him to, but sometimes he's snoring already n I just hope I can stick a salompas n then go to sleep...
Hey lyra,
Sounds like your backache is really bad. I've not been pregnant before but I don't think I'll look forward to backaches haha. Maybe you can try out a preventive measure like a support band to help alleviate your pain? I was helping my friend check out support bands a few months ago before she had her baby and saw this one called the Boppy Tummy Support Band on Pregnant.sg. Here's the link - Buyers' Guide Details | Pregnant in Singapore - Pregnancy for SingaporeansPregnant in Singapore – Pregnancy for Singaporeans. Apparently there's an option of putting hot/cold packs for your lower back and that sounds like comfort to my ears haha!

There are some good reviews of this product on Amazon also, average customer review given is 4 out of 5 stars. It costs about USD24.99 (not incl. shipping) which sounds pretty reasonable for a product that you can use for quite a few months. If you do try it out, do let us know if you think it's effective! I'm sure many other mummies would want to find out too =)

lyra

Thnx for the recommendation!

my gynae prescribed Bengay pain relieving cream. Will start using it tonight!