sarong??

Pwiincess

when is it appropiate and safe for babies to sleep in a sarong? Right after 1st month? I personally feel that newborns are too fragile and soft to sleep in one. Pls advice and drop ur views and experiences. Thanks!!

LoVeS

i place my son in sarong when he is less than 1mth old while my daughter 1mth+

CanCanMum

baber has been sleepin in sarong since newborn (3rd day after he was born) coz he was so Guai and sleeps so well for the first 2 days, after tat becomes monster~~~~

den MIL advised to get a sarong so tat he can sleep beta, so he was put inside one at the 3rd day~~~

so far, he is still sleepin in a sarong when hes at my mums place in the day time~~~so big liaoOO still sleepp.....zzzz.Buay tahanz~~~

Gelyn

Mine have been sleeping on the sarong from the third day after he was born. And I think he sleeps better and longer too.

apollo

we intro sarong to ds when he was 3weeks old. but if can, better dont intro sarong. cos once intro, v diffi to wean off.. if really hav to, then let him slp in sarong in the daytime will do.. night time better not..

aIDa81

My baby started when he was few wks I think, coz when he was a newborn he used to cry a lot very loud cry expect ppl to cuddle and make him sleep so we place him in the sarong, I shake him slowly and at the same time sleep.. now he still sleep in it but only during the day...

Pwiincess

mother in law put newborn babyboy in a sarong afew times when he was sleeping in her room. I was upset when i saw it as i feel it might affect his backbone. I'm worried he will have hunch back in future. And i cant imagine his soft body being curled up in the sarong and his head being squeezed. This is what i feel. But because he starts crying alot in the middle of the night nowadays, i only gets to sleep a total of 2hrs. By the time babyboy falls asleep in the morning, my babygirl wakes up. Hubby told me to consider the sarong. Babyboy turning one month in a few days.

LoVeS

baber has been sleepin in sarong since newborn (3rd day after he was born) coz he was so Guai and sleeps so well for the first 2 days, after that becomes monster~~~~

then mother in law advised to get a sarong so that he can sleep beta, so he was put inside one at the 3rd day~~~

so far, he is still sleepin in a sarong when hes at my mums place in the day time~~~so big liaoOO still sleepp.....zzzz.Buay tahanz~~~
OMG ur son 4yrs old still slp in sarong?! The sarong can tahan his weight??

LoVeS

we intro sarong to dear son when he was 3weeks old. but if can, better dont intro sarong. cos once intro, very diffi to wean off.. if really hav to, then let him sleep in sarong in the daytime will do.. night time better not..
Actually for sum kids it is very easy to wean of bcoz automatically u dun need to do anything tat they will eventually SUDDENLY dun wan sarong anymore.

My daughter aso slp in sarong since 1wks old till 3-4mths old but juz suddenly she wont slp longer n better in sarong anymore YET slp better on the bed instead.

As for my son it is hard to wean him tat we even bring the whole sarong to his 1st bday chalet BUT he juz suddenly dun slp sarong at the chalet n ever since then he dun slp in sarong anymore:err:

apollo

Actually for sum kids it is very easy to wean of bcoz automatically you dont need to do anything that they will eventually SUDDENLY dont want sarong anymore.

My daughter aso sleep in sarong since 1wks old till 3-4mths old but just suddenly she wont sleep longer n better in sarong anymore YET sleep better on the bed instead.

As for my son it is hard to wean him that we even bring the whole sarong to his 1st bday chalet BUT he just suddenly dont sleep sarong at the chalet n ever since then he dont sleep in sarong anymore:err:
i heard from my cousin that her son MUST slp in sarong so last time she had a hard time bringing him out. she has to bring out the whole sarong too.. haha..

for ds i still dont know yet cos he still slp in sarong once to twice a day.. think it all depends on individual babies. previously he was so used to pacifier but now he only wants it when he wanna slp.. haha.. :tlaugh:

apollo

mother in law put newborn babyboy in a sarong afew times when he was sleeping in her room. I was upset when i saw it as i feel it might affect his backbone. I'm worried he will have hunch back in future. And i cant imagine his soft body being curled up in the sarong and his head being squeezed. This is what i feel. But because he starts crying alot in the middle of the night nowadays, i only gets to sleep a total of 2hrs. By the time babyboy falls asleep in the morning, my babygirl wakes up. Hubby told me to consider the sarong. Babyboy turning one month in a few days.
actually it is up to you to decide whether u wanna let ur baby slp in sarong anot. afterall, he is ur baby.. if u can accept, lik what i said, maybe let him slp inside in e day. for me though i let ds slp in sarong in the day BUT not all naps. his nap time is v short and nap a few times everyday so i just try to rock (not recommended) him lightly, pat him, if he cry and dont wanna slp though he is v tired then i will give sarong... =)

Pwiincess

actually i do not object letting my kids sleep in a sarong. Just worried that baby boy might be too young for one now. But from the views n experiences mummies shared, seems like their babies sleep in sarong at very young age. My babygirl slept in the sarong at 3mths old til about 18mths old, i weaned her off. Now she sleeps on the bed instead. Not very easy to wean her off either.