Screaming :(

Verona's

My baby keep screaming none stop .. no reason , she is very happy but keep screaming :( i don't know what happened .. any mummy encounter such thing before ? she is 4 month old only ..

apollo

my 11mth old also loves to scream when he is happy. and i seen some babies behaving this way too so i think shd be normal =)

vinder79

Yup my 8 mths old boy also does this i think its normal.I feel that its more that they are over stimulated so they scream.

diymummy

My baby kept doing that too when he was 6 mths old. I think they are becoming aware that they can control their voices.

You can tell your baby not to scream. We kept telling our 6 mth old that he shouldn't scraem but it is ok for him to babble and after a few weeks, he got the idea.

hpc

When babies start to scream for nothing or when they are happy,try n distract they by talking to them,play music for them(piano soft music for babies),don"t join ur babies by talking loudly by keeping saying stop screaming,the situation will be worst.Pat the babies back n tsoft talk to them,older babies distract them with simple songs,clapping hands,play hand parpet (glove).After sometimes u will find ur babies screaming habit will go off.

Verona's

I tried talking softly to her like , No baby , not the right way , shake head to her , she think i am playing with her so she smile widely to me and continue to scream till her cough & choke on her saliva .. Screaming and laughing away yesterday , nothing can stop her i tried to distract her by giving toys to her , she will take & scream alamak .. Hopefully she will be fine later , she started screaming since evening , activity time like this .. Am afraid she will hurt her throat or something :(

esta_837

I tried talking softly to her like , No baby , not the right way , shake head to her , she think i am playing with her so she smile widely to me and continue to scream till her cough & choke on her saliva .. Screaming and laughing away yesterday , nothing can stop her i tried to distract her by giving toys to her , she will take & scream alamak .. Hopefully she will be fine later , she started screaming since evening , activity time like this .. Am afraid she will hurt her throat or something :(
Same here, my baby also likes to scream, she's 6 months and 1 week now. She's been doing that ever since she "discovered" she could make sounds. I believe it's normal (and diymummy is right) as once they discover a sound they can make, they will enjoy repeating it over and over again.

My baby is repeating other sounds (e.g. "mmmmm", "mummum") more now though and screaming less often. Before, I was also worried she would get a sore throat. But now I just let her be, she would settle down after awhile and make other noises. Actually yes, playing music (we have a nursery songs CD which has singing voices) helped her, she would listen to the songs.

Davina

Alpha Male
my baby scream whenever she can in the past with very high pitch, and we always react with shss shsshshhh... but ever since we stopped reacting to her, she also stop doing that!