Second trimester sleep

joelhoon

:wong13:As according to the info, the body will be adjusting to its sudden hormonal and physical changes, and you can sleep more peacefully. What the heck!!
I am at my week 14 and I am disturbed by leg cramps, weird dreams, bouts of congestion and running to toilet in the middle of the night
:wong1:
I am exhausted and I feel like dragging a dozen of hippo to work.
Morning sickness had probably getting lesser, but it still lingers around from time to time.:wong14:

People keep saying that at second Trimester everything would get better.
Honeymoon phase?? Nightmare phase if I would call it...
:wong16:
Why can’t I feel any better?

fioncess

Not all the pregnancy are the same... Those info you read r all jus guidelines....
for morning sickness some ppl have it thru out the pregnancy, some jus first tri, some dun even even have...
try to relax n enjoy the pregnancy.... =)

juvenalee

I'm 15 weeks now, 2nd trimester is not getting any better for me...:nah:

Couldn't fall asleep at night & MS is getting worse...:err:

Flu & cough & diarrhea as well but couldn't anyhow take medicine!

jiajia

hugs~ i was like that in my first trimster.....now in my 17 weeks, feeling very good....some may have ms till the 5th mth. It shows that the baby is so healthy.....relax n rest well, it will be over soon

jiajia

:wong13:As according to the info, the body will be adjusting to its sudden hormonal and physical changes, and you can sleep more peacefully. What the heck!!
I am at my week 14 and I am disturbed by leg cramps, weird dreams, bouts of congestion and running to toilet in the middle of the night
:wong1:
I am exhausted and I feel like dragging a dozen of hippo to work.
Morning sickness had probably getting lesser, but it still lingers around from time to time.:wong14:

People keep saying that at second Trimester everything would get better.
Honeymoon phase?? Nightmare phase if I would call it...
:wong16:
Why can’t I feel any better?
i also nearly get leg cramp nowaday, so i try not to stretch my leg and i try not to drink too much water b4 bed. I am alwasy thirsty especially at nite, but i try to drink less or not drink 2 hour b4 sleep time, drink a lot during day time. so that ur bladder don feel so full and u can sleep better.

Take care:tlaugh:

TANZHENZHI

I also in my 19weeks now. Same like you having leg cramps and often running toilet every hourly in the middle of the night. Like what jiajia suggest, dun drink so much water before you go to slp. Good luck to all mummies and enjoy the pregnancy. :)

Amulet

any ladies tried those compression stocking? it's said to be able to help deal with those leg cramps..

sienna

any ladies tried those compression stocking? it's said to be able to help deal with those leg cramps..
Hi!

They say it helps because it helps in the circulation of the blood. Luckily, I'm not having those leg cramps (yet? but don't want to).. My mother just told me to always raise my feet/legs when I'm lying.. Move your feet and don't stand or sit for a long time.. Walk every hour if your working on your seat.. We're having leg cramps because there are no blood going to our legs.. These are just my cents... Hope it helps :)

Stay happy! Take care to all mommies!

evie

Hi there,

I am wearing the scholls compression stockings... It works very well for me.

My feet does not appear so swollen the following day and helps to make leg cramps more bearable...:Dancing_wub:

Hi mummies,

I'm at my 21 weeks n oso suffer leg cramp,weird dream n chest pain!!!can anyone tell me isit something wring wif chest pain???

Borntaker

I'm 14wks, read book sayin 2nd tri is e best, most enjoyable n energetic period. But i still feel as tired as b4. Backache, weird dreams, frequent usage of toilet reali disturb my rest at night. Heard that 3rd trim is worst. I oso experience frequent cramp recently. Leg cramp do occurs occasionally. I did experienced chest pain b4 but not that frequent, mayb 2x.

maneo0302

I drank alot of water as I experience constipation.
Plain water with honey... prune juice...
Been going to the toilet at least 2 hrs a time. Sometimes I feel that I need to go toilet again even after 5 mins!
By the way, i'm in my 17th weeks now. No leg cramps yet.

XenXuan

Hi mummies,
I'm currently 21weeks pregnant with my 2nd baby.. just wanna share my experience n hopefully can help some mummies.. Had major water retention problem when I was having my 1st baby, with all that constipation n frequent toilet visits too..it was really hard time ESP during the 3rd trimester.. All these started to get on me again at my 2nd baby 14th week pregnancy..

So at my 16th week,as listened to my mom advise during my 1st pregnancy, I went to buy a big firm heavy pillow to put under my legs whenever I sleep or lie down to rest.. Make sure e pillow can stay under your leg no matter how you tend to toss n turn alot, sleep on your sides or got kick off.. So far, I dont have any leg cramp nor water retention problem at all..

As for frequent toilet visits n urine leakage when cough or sneeze, what I do is I make a visit whenever I had a meal/drink,or every 2hrs no matter I feel like going anot.. I only drink few sips each time slowly, less than 1full glass esp few hours before I sleep..

Try using aroma therapy oil in your rm before you sleep,might not exactly help e waking up in night, but did help me sleep better.. Those air purifiers r quite to use,can help e stuffy nose problem n provides better Air quality for preg mom n baby.. Add a ionizer if you sleep in air con room,can help that skin itchiness at night or asleep, rem apply your moisturizers too..

Hope this can help some mummies out there..

maneo0302

Hi mummies,
I'm currently 21weeks pregnant with my 2nd baby.. just wanna share my experience n hopefully can help some mummies.. Had major water retention problem when I was having my 1st baby, with all that constipation n frequent toilet visits too..it was really hard time ESP during the 3rd trimester.. All these started to get on me again at my 2nd baby 14th week pregnancy..

So at my 16th week,as listened to my mom advise during my 1st pregnancy, I went to buy a big firm heavy pillow to put under my legs whenever I sleep or lie down to rest.. Make sure e pillow can stay under your leg no matter how you tend to toss n turn alot, sleep on your sides or got kick off.. So far, I dont have any leg cramp nor water retention problem at all..

As for frequent toilet visits n urine leakage when cough or sneeze, what I do is I make a visit whenever I had a meal/drink,or every 2hrs no matter I feel like going anot.. I only drink few sips each time slowly, less than 1full glass esp few hours before I sleep..

Try using aroma therapy oil in your rm before you sleep,might not exactly help e waking up in night, but did help me sleep better.. Those air purifiers r quite to use,can help e stuffy nose problem n provides better Air quality for preg mom n baby.. Add a ionizer if you sleep in air con room,can help that skin itchiness at night or asleep, rem apply your moisturizers too..

Hope this can help some mummies out there..
Hi XenXuan

Really thanks for the valuable info. I think I have to look around for a big firm heavy pillow to put under my legs.
I'm in my 21 weeks too, and this is my first baby. So, alot of things still don't know.
I'm having cough and sore throat now. Wonder what medicine i can eat? Can i take strepsils and 'pi pa gao'? Or what do u suggest? I don't wish to cough all the way throughout CNY.

url=http://www.pregnology.com/pregnancy/06/10/2011]
[/url]Make a pregnancy ticker

XenXuan

Hi maneo0302,
My 1st pregnancy I was coughing my way til confinement period then it stop.. 2nd pregnancy now, I fell sick 3times in 2mths during my 1st trimester..I went to doc, told them im preg,gave me medicine tat is ok for e baby too,told me to stop taking the medicine once I feel better.. I suggest u go see a doctor b4 they close for CNY.. Mesnwhile, u could drink more homemade barley, have more vitamin c to boost up ur immune system..I take stepsils too but not too much n dun take e extra relief for sore throat type.. Normal panadol can be taken during preg, but not those panadol extra or flu type.. Do check with ur family doctor or gynae again for more accurate info..care for medication allergies too..anything juz ask the doctors,ESP those in e hospitals,I always bomb my doctors with al those questions n worries of mine.. Lol All e best n have a happy Chinese new year~~

BeingSingle

its 4.20am..woke up at 1am to pee and still cant fall asleep..nothing special, just seem so wide awake.

lucky for me, no swelling or no swelling yet on legs or anything but just seem to be having difficulties breathing and i think my snorring can wake the whole neighbourhood (when i finally DO sleep)!~

maneo0302

its 4.20am..woke up at 1am to pee and still cant fall asleep..nothing special, just seem so wide awake.

lucky for me, no swelling or no swelling yet on legs or anything but just seem to be having difficulties breathing and i think my snorring can wake the whole neighbourhood (when i finally DO sleep)!~
Hi BeingSingle.I have the same problem as you.I tend to snore when I'm asleep.I don't have swelling yet too, probably i din walk or stand too much.My job is more sitting down. :)

maneo0302

Hi maneo0302,
My 1st pregnancy I was coughing my way til confinement period then it stop.. 2nd pregnancy now, I fell sick 3times in 2mths during my 1st trimester..I went to doc, told them im preg,gave me medicine tat is ok for e baby too,told me to stop taking the medicine once I feel better.. I suggest u go see a doctor b4 they close for CNY.. Mesnwhile, u could drink more homemade barley, have more vitamin c to boost up ur immune system..I take stepsils too but not too much n dun take e extra relief for sore throat type.. Normal panadol can be taken during preg, but not those panadol extra or flu type.. Do check with ur family doctor or gynae again for more accurate info..care for medication allergies too..anything juz ask the doctors,ESP those in e hospitals,I always bomb my doctors with al those questions n worries of mine.. Lol All e best n have a happy Chinese new year~~
Hi XenXuan, thank you for your valuable info. My coughing has stopped. Only once a while, i have dry cough. Sore throat is okay now. Probably I drank alot of barley drink whenever I'm at coffeeshop. :) I had a terrible headache during my 1st tri. Ate the normal panadol twice (advised by my gynea). Now its okay already. I will check with the dr if there's anymore thing coming up. Thanks for your help!

XenXuan

hi maneo0302, good to hear that.. i was so worried when i kept fell sick during my this pregnancy.. but since 2nd trimester,i seem to be better already,so can relax more..haha

hi beingsingle,im oso like tat..finally fell asleep aft 1-2hrs tossin n turning in bed, but woke up 2hrs later feelin totally awake.. n all tat weird n crazy dreams too.. i tend to sleep even later than my usual sleeping hours during my both pregnancy.. juz try to rest more whenever u can..:001_302:

maneo0302

hi maneo0302, good to hear that.. i was so worried when i kept fell sick during my this pregnancy.. but since 2nd trimester,i seem to be better already,so can relax more..haha

hi beingsingle,im oso like tat..finally fell asleep aft 1-2hrs tossin n turning in bed, but woke up 2hrs later feelin totally awake.. n all tat weird n crazy dreams too.. i tend to sleep even later than my usual sleeping hours during my both pregnancy.. juz try to rest more whenever u can..:001_302:
Hi XenXuan and beingsingle, I've had frequent toilet trips during my first 3 months. After waking up in the middle of the night, i had difficulty going back to sleep too. Normally is after 2 hrs. Luckily for now, I don't frequent the toilet that often. But I've had weird dreams. I even dreamt that I do not have to work today. But luckily, i realised that I'm having a dream and went to shower immediately. Normally, I try to sleep around 1030pm everyday, and wake up around 6am for work.