what's MOP?

I got appeal for HLE but failed.:wemad:

I also appeal for valuation cos extremely low, also failed. :wecry:

wenz

what's MOP?

I got appeal for HLE but failed.:wemad:

MOP = Minimum Occupant Period

Meaning we need to stay at least 5yrs before we can sell our flat... if wanna sell early we need to appeal

almond

sorry.. was busy with work....

anyway... you have to go to your town council for the appeal...
tell them your reasons. my reason that time was overseas posting, and i stay for only 3 years.and of cos's, you must support your appeal with supporting document.

almond

May i know how to appeal? i also wanna sell my flat but only due next yr nov... wat are the procedure and any penalty?
go to your town council, tell them why you need to sell your flat. no penalty that i know off...

VroomVroomBoys

Alpha Male
almond said:
sorry.. was busy with work....
anyway... you have to go to your town council for the appeal...
tell them your reasons. my reason that time was overseas posting, and i stay for only 3 years. and of cos's, you must support your appeal with supporting document.
Uncle, you sure it was town council ... & not your HDB Branch Office?
:embarrassed: :embarrassed:

If they actually approved your request based on "overseas posting", I must say you got lucky ... usually, "overseas posting" only qualify for "approved to rent out entire apartment while you are away".
:biggrin: :biggrin:

VroomVroomBoys

Alpha Male
wenz said:
May i know how to appeal? i also wanna sell my flat but only due next yr nov... wat are the procedure and any penalty?
Angelmum said:
what's MOP?
I got appeal for HLE but failed. :wemad:
In such cases of appeal, always seek endorsement from your MP first ... with their backing, your chances of appeal will be higher.
Even after your initial appeal failed, it is still not too late to go see your MP ... they will do nothing but help, especially under current economic climates.
:wink: :wink:

wenz said:
For valuation matters, it's very subjective ... depending on which consultancy HDB pass on your request to.
When you say "extremely low", how much is it off your expectations? Have you actually checked on recent valuations for similar properties in your neighbourhood?

Valuations will be valid for 3 months only anyways, so just pay again to get another one done ... but this time round, seek some professional help on how to prepare your place better for a higher valuation.
By "professional help", I mean a good real estate agent ... which you would need anyways, to help market your place aggressively to get a good selling price.
:biggrin: :biggrin:

VroomVroomBoys

Alpha Male
huge said:
that's long... :( any way tks almond
Sorry if you find me nosey ...

But, even if you could sell your flat right now, you still need to attract a buyer which could be another couple of months ... & even if there is an immediate buyer, it will be roughly another 3 months before you see the money ... & that is assuming there is excess after redeeming your CPF usages & housing loans.

So, 1-2 months to consider your appeal is not exactly that long ... more significantly, if you need to sell your flat to tide over some kind of financial crisis, it's not gonna be the quickest means.
Instead, you might wanna consider other options ...

huge

i am selling my flat because my MIL is taking care of my kids.. 2 have 2 kids one in P3 and another 2years old. its quite tiring for the elderly to travel up and down everyday. so we decided to appeal... no choice...

Angelmum

In such cases of appeal, always seek endorsement from your MP first ... with their backing, your chances of appeal will be higher.
Even after your initial appeal failed, it is still not too late to go see your MP ... they will do nothing but help, especially under current economic climates.
I appealing HLE thru Minister, hehehe
My bro said get MP (my side long Q), make sure not those helpers, must meet n disturb MP very frequently to get attn
hope works :wink: :Dancing_tongue:

Angelmum

not everyone sell flat to earn money... :)

agree, me sell for convenience, no need spend 30mins on train
wish I could sell earn some make-up money :twink:..... aft less buying n reno of new hse. Now buyer mkt so they call the shots :embarrassed: