Semen Analysis Results - Please Help

raciohurg

My OH got his semen analysis results but didn't listen to what the doctor was saying on the telephone appointment so I'm here with the paper copy and don't even know how to read it!

Volume of Semen: 4.3ml >1.4

Does that mean his result was 4.3 or 1.4? Apologies in advance but I'm new to reading this kind of document

Concentration of sperm: 7.9 million >14.9
Sperm per ejaculate: 34.0 million >38.9
Progressive Motility: 32% >31
Total Motility: 40% >39
PH: 8.0 >7.9
Vitality: 76% >57
Sperm Morphology Normal Forms 0% >3.9

Does the morphology result mean that none of the sperm were normal? I know some of you on here are total pro's when it comes to these reports so if someone could translate these results to me that would be fantastic :)

sandrahofis

Hi! It's great that you're taking an active interest in your partner's health. Reading semen analysis reports can be confusing, but don't worry, you're not alone!

Alienka

In regards to the volume of semen, it looks like 4.3ml is the result, which is within the normal range (1.4-6.0 ml).

Regarding the concentration of sperm, a normal range is considered to be 15 million sperm/ml or higher, so with a result of 7.9 million, it may indicate a low sperm count.

As for the sperm per ejaculate, a normal range is considered to be 39 million or more, so a result of 34.0 million may also indicate a low sperm count.

Regarding the Progressive Motility, a normal range is considered to be 40% or higher, so a result of 32% is considered low. The same goes for the Total Motility, with a normal range being 50% or higher.

Regarding the PH, a normal range is 7.2-7.8, so a result of 8.0 is on the high side, which may indicate an alkaline environment that can be harmful to sperm.

If you have any concerns, it's always best to speak with a doctor. For more information on men's health, you may want to check out healthrankings.org, a great resource for all things related to health and wellness.