Sensitivity to smell is making me sick

Lately I have been feeling really horrible. I just can't stand my nose, I can smell the mildest scent,and its just putting me off big time. Making me lose appetite. I have since stopped my prenatal pills cos the smell irks me from the start of having it.... Just wondering if anyone feels this way?I am almost 8 weeks pregnant and my appetite has been really bad..Anyone feels the same?

jsoh

Hi,

I also quite sensitive to certain smells and foods.
Currently, i am wk 12.
I think it is normal to have. Cos our body is changing and so our taste oso. :tlaugh:

JS

rjj

Actually I read somewhere, that this is normal... it's the mother instinct... you will even get more sensitive to the surroundings...

spottycow

Yes, I remembered I was really sensitive to the smell of Chinese food. I used to live right on top of a kopitam so that wasn't very pleasent.

justmint

hehee...I have this prob thru out my whole pregnancy..

hate the smell of oily food, hate the smell of fish, hate the smell of dog food that my pets eat...:embarrassed:

melon

For me, not only smell, but the sight of certain food makes me feel like vomitting out. Eg, i used to love curry and cookies during new year, but now when i see them, i just feel like throwing out. :nah:

babymania

Lately I have been feeling really horrible. I just can't stand my nose, I can smell the mildest scent,and its just putting me off big time. Making me lose appetite. I have since stopped my prenatal pills cos the smell irks me from the start of having it.... Just wondering if anyone feels this way?I am almost 8 weeks pregnant and my appetite has been really bad..Anyone feels the same?
Same for me. I used to find the thai fried beancurd's smell is very nice. That day i da bao beancurd home. On my way home, i keep smelling something like preserve veggies almost vomit out but i didn't realise it came from thai fried beancurd. Finally when i realised is from the beancurd, i find it ridiculous why the smell has changed so much but my hubby said the smell is the same as before.

Strange? But i can really smell alot of the things around me. Nice & Smelly ones.

My taste bud also changed. i prefer rice than noodles/kuay teow. But last time, i used love kuay teow alot. And i have cravings for sweeter food.

Badly, i don't like to drink plain water anymore which i used to drink a few bottles. Drink alot of sweet drink and carbonated drinks.

And im not very sure how many weeks im in now but i will be seeing gynae tomorrow to detect my baby's heartbeat.

Wish me good luck, everyone!

Cheers! :tkaboom::tsmile::twink::ttongue::tlaugh:

-SRI-

I cant stand the smell of ppl cooking... will make me vomit & migraine... So if my mom were to cook, i'll close my rm door n spray perfume... tats y nw i put air wick in my rm..refreshing...... :tsmile: