Separation and some advises needed

VenusMummy

Hi all,

My hub and I have decided to separate. My son has just turned 1 year old and we still have a BTO flat that will be completed in 2019, but I guess we have to forfeit that. We fight and quarrel almost on a daily basis. Have seen 2 different marriage counsellors but it didn't helped much. The marriage has came to a point where there's no love left and our marriage is just a piece of binding paper.

I am very jaded with all these fights and living with the in-laws only makes things worse. I have already shifted out to my parents' place. Unfortunately, due to some reasons, I can't bring my son over to stay with me at my parents', I have no choice but to leave the care & control to my hubs and in-laws. Renting a unit is too costly, moreover I am losing my job soon.

And since we are only married for 1 year plus, the only way is to separate for 3 years from before we can file for a divorce.

Any recommendations for a lawyer whom we can consult in getting the Deed Of Separation done and who charges are reasonable (not earning much at the moment)?

Thanks in advance.

Super-mum

if u have moved out then change your address. Use that as a indication as the time of beginning of separation.

don't waste money for a separation deed

VenusMummy

Hi, yep I have called to change the mailing address on my mobile bill. Have not change the address on my IC yet.

By the way does that means that after 3 years, I can divorce straightaway as long as I can produce proof (from mobile bill etc) that I am living at a different address?

Xuda

Yes. But also since u wan to go for separation, u mustn't have anything to do with him to show u are husband n wife

VenusMummy

So I just show the lawyer my Telco bill, and I can divorce straight after 3 years? Really not sure how these Legal stuffs work...

Hi VenusMummy. I hope you are now doing good. I will share my sister's experience in this matter. She faced a similar problem few months back. Her divorce also included child custody. But the lawyer Bechara Tarabay helped her out in this problem. I hope that you too were able to come out of this matter in an easy way.

Last edited: