Seriously?!

PinkDiamonds

^5!!! HAHA!!! :tlaugh:

Wahahaha we got same thinking right?

My MIL wanted to name DD, but we only wanted to name her Lauralynn. But my MIL was quite persistent on it, keep pestering us about it & tell us it's a good name, bla bla bla. I was very irritated with it because she already given the Chinese name, which we didn't really mind since we had no ideas. Then now even the English name she also want to give! It's like we have no say at all, everything must listen to her!

We didn't register her birth at the hospital because everything was quite rush, thus gave my MIL the opportunity to "share her opinions." In the end my hubby say, "Nvm la, just tell my mother already register, too bad."

:wong23: :Dancing_tongue:

apollo

Wahahaha we got same thinking right?

My mother in law wanted to name dear daughter, but we only wanted to name her Lauralynn. But my mother in law was quite persistent on it, keep pestering us about it & tell us it's a good name, bla bla bla. I was very irritated with it because she already given the Chinese name, which we didn't really mind since we had no ideas. Then now even the English name she also want to give! It's like we have no say at all, everything must listen to her!

We didn't register her birth at the hospital because everything was quite rush, thus gave my mother in law the opportunity to "share her opinions." In the end my hubby say, "Nvm , just tell my mother already register, too bad."

:wong23: :Dancing_tongue:
what english names she suggested? can share share? haha...

my inlaws v bochap one.. didnt bother anything. only keep asking if we hav decide on hi chi & eng names... but we respect them (since they respect us), we chose 2 chi names to let them do the final decision... my mil only want us to choose a simple chi name.. with less strokes and easy to pronouns.. haha

PinkDiamonds

what english names she suggested? can share share? haha...

my inlaws very bochap one.. didnt bother anything. only keep asking if we hav decide on hi chi & eng names... but we respect them (since they respect us), we chose 2 chi names to let them do the final decision... my mother in law only want us to choose a simple chi name.. with less strokes and easy to pronouns.. haha
Well you see we are Christian, so my MIL wanted a Christian name with meaning and she decided on Esther. But we felt Esther is very common and we wanted to name her Lauralynn as the name carried the meaning we intended her to have - honor & victory to God. Her Chinese name is Rui En (very common I know).

This year one of my friends also giving birth to a daughter and you know what they want to name her? ESTHER RUI EN! Only the surname is different. When I told my hubby he say "Heng ah never listen to my mother." :tlaugh:

Ting

well, esther is a nice name, but i think i would prefer lauralynn too. sounds more... girlish? hehe~ well, at least hubby on your side, not too bad laa~

meiteoh

I'm with you, PD...do first, talk later. :p

It was the same with me when it came to picking names. Somemore in my case, mixed culture so I had more to worry about in terms of pronunciation, cultural considerations, and such. We picked the names first and then only told my mum. She had a lot of things to say about it - my MIL pulak no comment and was very supportive. Pity my hubby coz it's his MIL! XD

Triquetra

I also think that Lauralynn is more unique and feminine.
I actually wanted Raelyn, Feyth or Empyrean... but Feyth along with his surname will sound like "fei po"

Last edited:

Ting

I also think that Lauralynn is more unique and feminine.
My name is Sapphire but it's my hubby who named her Sapphlyn, I actually wanted Raelyn, Feyth or Empyrean... but Feyth along with his surname will sound like "fei po"
wahahah~ tts funny~~~~~
wah, the names u choose all very..... unique~
rather alien(not in a bad way!!~), to me.. as in, nvr come across b4!

Catty

Thanks for all the mummies great suggestion although seems quite fierce but i love it.. "Take action first talk later".. :tlaugh:

Indeed Lauralynn is a very unique name, glad that u are persistent with ur child name..

snowbear

I did intend to put her in childcare but she say put childcare very Jek Ar (cruel), than will get sick easily, later get hurt or what also dont know.. All is her non-stop excuses.. :bmad:

Furthermore, i dont really intend want my gal get near or keep in touch with my mother in law that much after we moved house cos now my 2nd gal dont want to go back with us.. :nah:
like the others, i think it's your child so you call the shots. Too bad if your mil doesn't like it. Should I ever go back to work, I will also rather put my dd at CC than let my mil take care of her. I'd also be using the excuse of "let her interact with others, learn to be indept etc.". :tlaugh:

I dun trust my alicia with my mil , not even for 10min. You know, when i was having dinner with my hubby at home last monday, my darling woke up from her nap so i let my mil take care of her for awhile. During that short 10min, here's what she did with my dd:

She gave her the spare parts of the metal tap and the hose to play with (the old one in the toilet gave way so my hubby changed it). She didn't even think what could happen to my dd should she have flung the tap-head towards her baby face! I was so pissed and my hubby quickly told her that she must be crazy to let our dd play with that...

Next, she asked my dd to push her walker and walk. Sounds like nothing wrong but my dd was still in her sleepsuit and her sleepsuit doesn't have non-slip soles and she nearly fell flat on her face! Sigh. Luckily, hubby was there to tell her off again.

Other horror stories about her: when my hubby was young, he fell from the kitchen countertop coz she used to bathe him in the sink. When he was only a few years old, he had to have his stomach washed out coz he ingested a whole bottle of sleeping pills that was left unattended in the room. She used to leave him home alone in the sarong for up to 5hrs even(!) so she could go shopping, do her hair etc..

And she always says she wants to take care of my princess. How to let this woman take care of my child? :eek::eek: I dun think I'm being unreasonable at all!

apollo

like the others, i think it's your child so you call the shots. Too bad if your mother in law doesn't like it. Should I ever go back to work, I will also rather put my dear daughter at CC than let my mother in law take care of her. I'd also be using the excuse of "let her interact with others, learn to be indept etc.". :tlaugh:

I dont trust my alicia with my mother in law , not even for 10min. You know, when i was having dinner with my hubby at home last monday, my darling woke up from her nap so i let my mother in law take care of her for awhile. During that short 10min, here's what she did with my dear daughter:

She gave her the spare parts of the metal tap and the hose to play with (the old one in the toilet gave way so my hubby changed it). She didn't even think what could happen to my dear daughter should she have flung the tap-head towards her baby face! I was so pissed and my hubby quickly told her that she must be crazy to let our dear daughter play with that...

Next, she asked my dear daughter to push her walker and walk. Sounds like nothing wrong but my dear daughter was still in her sleepsuit and her sleepsuit doesn't have non-slip soles and she nearly fell flat on her face! Sigh. Luckily, hubby was there to tell her off again.

Other horror stories about her: when my hubby was young, he fell from the kitchen countertop coz she used to bathe him in the sink. When he was only a few years old, he had to have his stomach washed out coz he ingested a whole bottle of sleeping pills that was left unattended in the room. She used to leave him home alone in the sarong for up to 5hrs even(!) so she could go shopping, do her hair etc..

And she always says she wants to take care of my princess. How to let this woman take care of my child? :eek::eek: I dont think I'm being unreasonable at all!
what had happened to ur hubby when he was young were so so so SCARY!!! no wonder ur hubby will tell her off too.. ur mil really CMI lehh!

snowbear

what had happened to your hubby when he was young were so so so SCARY!!! no wonder your hubby will tell her off too.. your mother in law really CMI lehh!
The scary part is recently he has been suggesting that we go out for awhile, just the two of us, and leave alicia with my mil! Crazy lorr... Told him straight I dun trust his mum. Anyway, the most recent events I narrated in the earlier post already illustrate clearly that his mum CMI so he stopped making that stupid suggestion already... :tlaugh::tlaugh:

PinkDiamonds

The scary part is recently he has been suggesting that we go out for awhile, just the two of us, and leave alicia with my mother in law! Crazy lorr... Told him straight I dont trust his mum. Anyway, the most recent events I narrated in the earlier post already illustrate clearly that his mum CMI so he stopped making that stupid suggestion already... :tlaugh::tlaugh:

Now you got me feeling worried. Tomorrow hubby & I going out on our own to celebrate my birthday. BB first time give my MIL look after. I hope she don't overfeed my daughter -_-

apollo

Now you got me feeling worried. Tomorrow hubby & I going out on our own to celebrate my birthday. baby first time give my mother in law look after. I hope she dont't overfeed my daughter -_-
dont wry my dear... aft reading snowbear mummy's post, i think no mil can fight with her's.. haha...

Catty

Wow Snowbear, your mil really crazy.. :nah:

If she's my mil, i sure blacklist her and will only bring my gal to visit her once a year.. :p

apollo

Wow Snowbear, your mother in law really crazy.. :nah:

If she's my mother in law, i sure blacklist her and will only bring my gal to visit her once a year.. :p
during CNY to collect angbao? i think i'll do the same as u if my mil is lik tt.. haha..

Ting

omg snowbear.... your mil really. so scary!!!!!!!!!!

sorry to say, but she has no common sense.... -.-"