Shall I wait??

Ottermum

Hi mummies!

Got a problem my DS used to poo green stools once a day, sometimes once every 2 days...he's drinking NAN HA 1...

12 days ago he started having loose dark yellow stools almost after EVERY feed...if not every alternate feed...

6 days ago his PD told me to dilute his milk til the poo pattern returns to normal...so i gave 4 spoons powder to 150ml water...

but it's still the same now...asked friends some told me to change to Soy FM but some told me it's normal...lasts about 2-3 weeks...

he's 5 months plus now in fact i intend to change to Friso Step 2 when he turns 6 months...shall i wait?

would appreciate your advices :001_302:

Queenbabe

U mean u 1 2 change to Friso Step 2 ? Actually can wait if u want to , i do change my ds FM b4 he turns 6month ..

Ottermum

Thanks for the quick reply! actually wondering whether to wait for the situation to return to normal...or to change to Soy milk immediately (either step 1 or 2)...cos we still have 2 more tins of NAN to finish...

so far he doesn't appear unwell...but gets cranky alot maybe due to teething??

DH also told me to wait says i'm too kan chiong already...

my friend keeps telling me scary stories like bb loose poo too much will get dehydrated...go hospital take drip blah blah blah...:elvis:

yakii

Thanks for the quick reply! actually wondering whether to wait for the situation to return to normal...or to change to Soy milk immediately (either step 1 or 2)...cos we still have 2 more tins of NAN to finish...

my friend keeps telling me scary stories like bb loose poo too much will get dehydrated...go hospital take drip blah blah blah...:elvis:
Y dont you get a small can of the soy milk?? My son have tat last time so we immediately change to the soy milk till his poo is normal then change back

Ottermum

Hi Yakii how long did it last do you remember?

will ask DH about it then...yup it's a good idea to get a small tin...

thanks alot :001_302:

any other suggestions??

yakii

Hi Yakii how long did it last do you remember?

will ask DH about it then...yup it's a good idea to get a small tin...

thanks alot :001_302:

any other suggestions??
for ard 2 weeks, my DS will always have watery stool when he is teething..some old wife's tales but then somehow it true.

Domique

Hi Otter,

if bb have more than 7 wet nappies per day he is not dehydrated.

fyi learn from my PD.

Ottermum

Thanks...perhaps i'll monitor for few days more...

he has about 5-6 wet nappies a day...sometimes wet maybe caused by loose stools??

suspect he's teething but has been drooling for 2 months still no sign of a tooth...

last Fri he didn't poo for the whole day n i thought it's over but Sat loose stools came again...

sigh...hope he gets well soon...

Phoebii Cheng

Thanks...perhaps i'll monitor for few days more...

he has about 5-6 wet nappies a day...sometimes wet maybe caused by loose stools??

suspect he's teething but has been drooling for 2 months still no sign of a tooth...

last Fri he didn't poo for the whole day n i thought it's over but Sat loose stools came again...

sigh...hope he gets well soon...
Hi Ottermum,

When my son was teething, he poo almost after every feed....and the infant care teacher told me that it's normal....so mayb ur son is teething?

And the teeth will not come out so fast, for my son, he started to drool when he is abt 4mths old and we only saw white dots on the lower gums when he was abt 6mths old......

I was like u tht time, v concerned what's wrong with my son, but now I hv learned to relax.

Ottermum

Thanks Phoebii...

he seems ok now...only pooed once today...but still loose stools...

hopefully like you say it's teething...3 more weeks to changing step 2 milk powder...

Queenbabe

Slowly , some baby may not get use to new FM but i change b4 my son turn 6month coz the step one already finished so I change to Nan & Enfrapro ..
Nan still ok for my ds bu Enfrapro make him having hard stool :(

B4 that he drink Mamil gold so now i change back to Mamil gold coz the rest all small tin n he finish the small tin very fast hahahaha ..
When he around 5mth+ he already grow his first 2 teeth on the lower gum so i use my fingers n touch his gum , indeed having sharp edge now his 2 teeth very obvious ..