Share your birth story

eekenji

Let me start first, this is my first baby birth story ~

2012/12/27 :

Yesterday after lunch found some spotting on my panties, I thought it was related to the cervix exam done on Monday. After dinner around 8pm I started to experienced some serious soreness on my right tailbone and I thought it was just due to lack of movements ( have tried less walking after heard doctor said baby head engaged ) … Husband was overtime so I was home alone, I just rest on the bed and tried to sleep, but once a while I can feel extremely painful on my right hip bone and pressure at my vagina … I didn’t have pains at my stomach so I didn’t link these symptoms to contraction till the interval getting shorter and shorter .. There’s a frequency and pain duration always last for 1 min . I started to google about labour contraction … I found this link and realised that I might having contraction, I started to monitor using the iPhone apps … The interval was around 17mins and pain last more than a minute.

Around 1030pm my husband called me and told me that he just went off, I didn’t tell him as I still not confirm .. 11pm he back and we started to track the interval, it getting closer to 10mins interval .. We started to pack our hospital bag, he cooked some herbal soup while I went shower . We also called our Gynae and he said we can go hospital already .. We reached mount A around 1am, my pains started to get more and more frequent and the level of pains also getting more stronger .. The nurse checked and said the dilate already 3cm, so it wasn’t false alarm ..

Initially we still scared that it’ll be false alarm. Now has confirmed and the nurse said baby shall deliver today (27th) but not sure how long coz need 10cm dilate . Nurse injected some medicine for passing motion but I was too painful and didn’t have much to pass.. I started to get painful n more painful, nurse gave me the laughing gas but can’t help much and I started to request for epidural .. They let us read a agreement , seems have some side effect but I was so painful and interval was less than 5 mins … And nurse checked again I already dilated 5cm. I didn’t want to suffer and signed the agreement form. Finally around 330am the Anaesthetists come and helped me to inject the epidural but she saw me too painful, so she double the medicine and it took around 15 mins for medicine to get effect. After that , I really can’t feel the pains … Didn’t have feeling at my lower body included my legs. I just feel too tired and fall asleep, my husband also slept .. Once a while the nurse will come and see how many cm I have dilated .. Already 8cm. I also can hear next door got lady screaming few times then have baby crying noise, I guess she just delivered.

Finally it was 8am in the morning, already dilate 9cm … In between, there are some top up of epidural .. Doctor come around 930am and mine already dilated 10cm, he just burst the water bag and told my husband to see the baby hair .. Within 5 mins, about 2 rounds of push, our baby girl was out … Finally.

My husband was excited and kept taking photos while I was already too tired ..

More pictures are here.

oxana89

Hello Eekenji. Thanks a lot for sharing with so beautiful story. It's so magic when you see how new life appears in this world.I think, every woman dreams to survive these emotions

oxana89

How long are you together with your husband? You are very happy woman because you could meet true love. Together you went through the most memorable and sensual moments in your life

oxana89

Thank you dear eekenji, for sharing so beautiful your life story. Nothing can be more important then that moment when you become mother. I'm also a woman and understand you very well. Sincerely wish you only happiness and sun in your life

oxana89

Dear eekenji, I’m sure you’ll never forget that moment when you hear first time voice of your baby. I wish every woman to survive all these sweet moments which you had to survive in your life. Let God, always protect your family. Only thanks prayers and those who pray for us and our families can make this world better. I know great web site prayers.org and I always address them with prayers. Thanks to them your prayers can be delivered to the churches all over the world. May be this web site will be interesting and for you. I sincerely pray for you and your family.

Joyce Phoa

I can't remember the details. It was painful but it was not the excruciating type of pain. It's more like suffering (like severe menses cramps?) and hard work. Abdominal pain with the contractions was the main thing but yes, discomfort here and there below, back and sides. Probably due to the opening up, I guess. Also, I recall the big pressure down there and the intense feeling of needing to poop -- very unnerving to me.

I remember pushing hard, following the nurse's instructions, push and push "like you are passing motion". I just held my legs back and pushed. I thought there would be leg supports like at the gynae, but no. No screaming as the midwife and doctor will scold you -- just the usual pushing sounds. I did not feel the cut down there as there was an LA injection, which I felt for a moment. I remember having renewed energy when pushing her out. And relief when she came out, and crying for a moment. Hubby arrived soon after delivery while the doctor was getting the placenta out. (He went back home to bathe and get stuff an hour after we came to hospital, after I was settled down in the delivery suite. However, I had an unexpected fast first labour. He was gone for only 90 mins at most. The doctor on duty said it was probably OK for him to go and come back since it was a first baby. Lucky me, but poor hubby did not see her come out.)

After the stitching, I actually walked up to the ward. It felt so strange to be wheeled up in a trolley bed so I offered to walk up. My bottom was probably a mess, yes, but I did not feel weak at all, just a bit like after exercise. My husband was accompanying me anyway so I would be fine.