Shichida Method

P.B.

I have heard of the Shichida method and I am considering signing up for it. Can the mummies who have sent their babies for this course explain what the course is like and whether they found it useful ...

P.B.

The Shichida method apparently focuses on developing the right side of the brain. It's researched and developed by Professor Makoto Shichida.

See http://www.shichidamethod.com/about_founder.html for more information about this method.

I heard that there was a seminar organised last weekend where hundreds of parents turned up to listen. It is supposedly quite effective but nothing like first-hand accounts from mummies to better understand this method of learning.

mumnbabes

you can use memory magic to see whether u r interested in the course which is very exp.. memory magic has electronic flash cards, linking memory and eye training games.

check out MumNBabes.Com

jedamum

How much is it? Cant seem to find the price in there..
leanne, it is very very expensive (see*)... the key thing is that parents have to do 'homework' everyday at home for maximum results.

be prepared that the payoff (ie obvious results from your kid) will only be realised when your kid is around 2-3 yrs old.

* Abstracted from brochure
Annual Registration Fees: $50
Term Fees: (weekday classes) $745
(weekend classes) $780
(Each term comprises 12 weeks)
Class size: 4 to 6 children per class with one parent each
Each class duration is about 75 minutes (once a week):
05 minutes Welcome Routine
55 minutes The Shichida Method™ Lesson
15 minutes Child Activity/Communication with Parents

Last edited:

chupa

This is what i have from one of my colleague who sent her daughter to shichida at a very young age. She told me that her gal can start reading children story books by herself independently by the age of 2. Now her gal is 3.5 years old, she can reading some of the contents in the encyclopedia book.

So after listening to her experience....i also sent my 9 mths old gal to the shichida class...

Crashz

This is what i have from one of my colleague who sent her daughter to shichida at a very young age. She told me that her gal can start reading children story books by herself independently by the age of 2. Now her gal is 3.5 years old, she can reading some of the contents in the encyclopedia book.

So after listening to her experience....i also sent my 9 mths old gal to the shichida class...
So chupa, how's your gal progression??

well i think every method got is value and it is still depend on individual child. No single method can do wonders to all children.. that's how I feel.

I sent my boi for about a year when he was around 15mths, stop becos having 2nd one.. so cannot bring him anymore.. Must accompany him due to his age, also becos of the fees la.. I think is too expensive lor.. maybe I have not stayed long enough to see the effect.. but they have been doing almost the same things for the past one year.... if you have the time, you can do up all the stuffs and teach them at home, or buy the stuff from them and use it at home. I believe you will see the same or almost the same results...

so the crux is still the time we need to spend with our kids...if you want to see the value of any methods, a lot of efforts have to be from the parents. Shichida class only once a week and you have to commit daily 'homework' with your kids in order to see the result... that's what they stress also.

same like Kumon class, daily committment from the parents is required in order for us to see the results. Both do have success stories... Kumon have children as young as 7 years who hae completed the level that is equivalent to university maths!!!!

chupa

hi Crashz,

totally agree with u....if u dont spend time teach your kids, no matter how super good the school is also no use to the child...but being a first time and a kiasu mummy, after doing some calculation with my hubby, we still somehow can afford the school fees, so we sign up for our gal lor. Some more, most of my hubby and my colleagues kids attend shichida class...so peer pressure also play a part..

we have only attend 3 lessons..so still not able to see the results yet but me and my gal do enjoy the class...

stonston

i read about all e different types of methods available (shichida, glenn doman, baby can read, etc etc) n create my own system of flashcards n exercises....

honestly, whichever method u choose, parents participation n determination is very impt :)

Crashz

hi Crashz,

totally agree with u....if u dont spend time teach your kids, no matter how super good the school is also no use to the child...but being a first time and a kiasu mummy, after doing some calculation with my hubby, we still somehow can afford the school fees, so we sign up for our gal lor. Some more, most of my hubby and my colleagues kids attend shichida class...so peer pressure also play a part..

we have only attend 3 lessons..so still not able to see the results yet but me and my gal do enjoy the class...
Good that your gal enjoys.. my boi enjoy a lot also when he was with them.. thus continue till my 2nd one come along.... but put back .. haha he also forget liao... now I put him with Kumon..