Shld or Can Babies Start Taking Meat (Chicken/Pork) before 1 yr old?

autumn82

Hi all,

I can't recall where I've read b4, not to give babies take meat such as chicken/pork before 1 yr old. How true is it? I know plenty of mums still do give.

Be it just take the stock or puree the meat itself..?

BudgetMum

i dun think the kid can go vegeterian b4 he turns 1. but i do saw an article lately pinned up at Dr Ong's clinic at TMC -- it says, pork is one of the meat that it may trigger allergies.

chicken -- i guess its the chemical that the farmers jab into the chickens to make them grow big & juicy faster??

autumn82

i dun think the kid can go vegeterian b4 he turns 1. but i do saw an article lately pinned up at Dr Ong's clinic at TMC -- it says, pork is one of the meat that it may trigger allergies.

chicken -- i guess its the chemical that the farmers jab into the chickens to make them grow big & juicy faster??
Then how? :tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh:

BudgetMum

Then how? :tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh:
well, i guess to minimise the use or introduce later like closer to 1yr old??

anyway both my kids r ok with both as i cook the meat in porridge at 6mths :)

it may or likely to trigger -- similarly like peanuts....

autumn82

well, i guess to minimise the use or introduce later like closer to 1yr old??

anyway both my kids r ok with both as i cook the meat in porridge at 6mths :)

it may or likely to trigger -- similarly like peanuts....
Yea, actually I was also dinking, our older generations all use this method.. and so far so good.. Shld be fine la.. Jus wanna reconfirm... Heh.

Do u let ur kids eat the meat? Or jus boil for the sweetness? I tot of pureeing the meat if I were to cook it.. Was wondering if also cook soo tasty food, will it spoil the kid.. next time they r gonna eat saltier and saltier foods..

BudgetMum

Yea, actually I was also dinking, our older generations all use this method.. and so far so good.. Shld be fine la.. Jus wanna reconfirm... Heh.

Do u let ur kids eat the meat? Or jus boil for the sweetness? I tot of pureeing the meat if I were to cook it.. Was wondering if also cook soo tasty food, will it spoil the kid.. next time they r gonna eat saltier and saltier foods..
my DD is lazy to chew, i had to puree/cut them tiny small. as for my DS, he loves meat so no problem for him but still cut small in case he chokes.

u may want to use ikan billis for replacement but do soak them in water to remove most of the salt. the older my kids r, the less time i use to soak them cos they can take in more salt mah. another alternative is tomato :)

i always believed that u must eat the food to get the nutrients and not just boil for sweetness.

in fact i'm very upset that my mil still give my DD (8 yrs old) & DS (22 mths) plain rice with only soup -- its every meal mind u & she keep praising herself for the 'great nutrients' that's in the soup. Also, she didn't give them the meat or vege that's in the soup!!! All i can say, every time she comes, my kids gets thinner & begs for food when I'm home and she can accuse me for their poor diet!! omg!

autumn82

my DD is lazy to chew, i had to puree/cut them tiny small. as for my DS, he loves meat so no problem for him but still cut small in case he chokes.

u may want to use ikan billis for replacement but do soak them in water to remove most of the salt. the older my kids r, the less time i use to soak them cos they can take in more salt mah. another alternative is tomato :)

i always believed that u must eat the food to get the nutrients and not just boil for sweetness.

in fact i'm very upset that my mil still give my DD (8 yrs old) & DS (22 mths) plain rice with only soup -- its every meal mind u & she keep praising herself for the 'great nutrients' that's in the soup. Also, she didn't give them the meat or vege that's in the soup!!! All i can say, every time she comes, my kids gets thinner & begs for food when I'm home and she can accuse me for their poor diet!! omg!
Yes... U got it.. That's my concern and worry too.. My MIL's been telling me to boil the pork to get sweetness too.. I just smile.. but never do. :x Like u, I believe in eating the food itself for the nutrients.

hymseah

Heinz has a range of organic bottled food. The beef dinner is not bad and recommended for babies 6 month+. The alternative is egg yolk. I beat organic egg yolk with breast milk and steam it. My boy gobbles it all up. The only problem is that this supplies the nutrients but it doesn't make him full enough.

coco^v^

Hi all,

I can't recall where I've read b4, not to give babies take meat such as chicken/pork before 1 yr old. How true is it? I know plenty of mums still do give.

Really? Didn't know about it but I gave mine pork since he started solid food.

CanCanMum

Hi all,

erm....only can use it to make stock, den discard the meat away~

dink its becoz not to add stress to baby's young kidney (due to the meat proteins)

but hor cannot understand why fish can be given leh.

autumn82

erm....only can use it to make stock, den discard the meat away~

dink its becoz not to add stress to baby's young kidney (due to the meat proteins)

but hor cannot understand why fish can be given leh.
Hmm... I tried giving him minced pork wif spinach porridge (pureed) on Fri/Sat/Sun. He loves it~! Today started him on threadfin w spinach porridge (pureed) and he still likes it! :001_302:

And it was funny to @@ him chewing on the food w/o teeth.. :tlaugh:

Cannot give meat?!

CanCanMum

actually can la i dink....

ang mohs oso feed their babies with meat puree....

asians follow the olden ways of feeding....lols

autumn82

those olden times the granny "eat' the porridge den spit out and gib bb kind?

disgusting lor lols!!

so now we folo their cooking method but dun feed them spit out porridge....

haahhahaa
SIMI?! ....................... Disgusting wor... :tlaugh::tlaugh:

I wanna try minced chicken w apple puree wor.. LOL. DH finds that disgusting.. :001_302::001_302::001_302: