Should go childcare earlier?

pkshl

im pregnant with my no.2 & will be due early april next yr. ive enrolled my no.1 to attend fullday childcare, actually had planned to let him start in June next year. But i was advised by family & relatives to let my son start earlier so that he can get used to the surrounding. (my maternity leave will end on 1st week of July'11)

pls advise if i should let my son go in earlier? if so how early? 1mth or 2mths earlier?

forgot to mention, my no.1 is coming 18mths.

Last edited:

pkshl

Hi Mummy,

You can only put your baby into an infant care when he/she is 2 months old onwards. It will be good to put in early, as if you put him/her at age of 12 months onwards the baby will surely cry like hell looking for mummy. Put him/her earlier so that he/she can familiar with the caregivers and let the caregivers know him/her habits better too.
hi inLoss, sorry, i tink i forgot to mention my no.1 is coming 18mths old. im asking whether should i put my 18mth in earlier to fullday childcare or not.

Ting

i think u can put your #1 in at 18mths. like mentioned, it gets him more ready and also, IF u plan to put him in CC in june, n by then your #2 is alr out. say, what if your son cant adapt well n constantly need u arnd in there? then what abt your #2? its quite stressful for both u n your son. at least now that u put him in alr, u can let him adapt for the next few mths, so it will be easier for u when your #2 comes.

stonston

Let #1 start with 1/2 day CC first... since baby is not out yet...
then once used to the environment, slowly pick him up later (until it gradually becomes full day)...

If you send him to school after baby is out, he will resent it because he thinks that he gotta get out of the house because the baby is here...

redjn

Since u mentioned that yr #2 is coming in Apr'11, I strongly advice u enrol yr #1 to start CC in Jan 2011 as that way all 18 mths kids will go in. This way, they can adjust together if u do it in Jun by then the rest of the kids already adapt at CC so u kid may have a harder time to adapt to the area.

ginko

im pregnant with my no.2 & will be due early april next yr. ive enrolled my no.1 to attend fullday childcare, actually had planned to let him start in June next year. But i was advised by family & relatives to let my son start earlier so that he can get used to the surrounding. (my maternity leave will end on 1st week of July'11)

pls advise if i should let my son go in earlier? if so how early? 1mth or 2mths earlier?

forgot to mention, my no.1 is coming 18mths.

My 2 kids are 18 months apart. I let my #1 started playgroup (3 hours/day) about 3 months before my #2 was due so he could get used to it. It took about 1 month for him to adapt to it. And as some of you already said, the reasons I did so:
- I didn't wait that the #2 was born to put him in the playgroup because #1 could feel like that it's because of #2.
- I had time to stay with him at the playgroup for a few days.
- I had more time to spend with #2, especially during the confinement period, without having #1 around.

It's a good idea to let him start half day and gradually increase to full day.