Should i bring pram or Carrier Oversea?

camom

How old is your child? Where are you going most of the time?

If bb is small, I will go with carrier. If bb is bigger, then depends on where I am planning to spend most of my time. If it's disneyland or Ocean park, then pram is a gd choice cos the pavements are relatively wide and don't have so many steps up and down. But if you are going shopping and taking the MTR, then carrier is a better choice cos the pavements are very narrow and bumpy.

meiteoh

Urm, if you're planning to do a lot of walking, yes, I'd suggest a stroller but warning, I can't really remember if it's stroller friendly.

At least bring a carrier so you won't be caught without one when you do need it - it doesn't take up much space anyway.

Mummy_J

I will always bring a pram just in case. If you find that you dont need to use it, just leave it in the hotel. (unless you dun mind buying one in HK)

Carrier is probably suitable only for short distance and light travelling. I believe if you are going to Hong Kong, you will probably be travelling around quite a bit and carrying the child for too long is bad for the back.

Phoebii Cheng

I would suggest you plan your travelling schedule well, and like what camom says....if you r gg to disneyland, it is best to take the stroller along cos' ur daughter might be tired along the way and needs her nap....it's more comfortable to sleep in the stoller and easier for u.....

The MTR stations there are not bb friendly with lots of staircase....

uddermummy

yup, you would definitely want to take along a carrier cos HK is not a child/stroller friendly place.

The pple there, at least the last time i went there, will actually tsk tsk at you if you should slow down their walking. :p

autumn82

The last visit to HK was 2007 and I brought stroller along for Belle 2.5yrs old tt time. I went with my mum and cousin so it was definitely useful when she's tired and want to sleep coz no one can carry her for tt long! :001_302:

But if u're taking the MTR, then u have to carry the stroller down & up the stairs to the station. There are lifts in the station itself though.

My only complain is having to carry the stroller up and down the stations w a bag by myself... Other than that, the roads and shopping malls/disneyland is fine. :001_302:

chiro

not sure if disneyland have strollers for rent or not maybe you wanna find out whether they have it for rent?maybe hotel might have 1 for rent too. Carrier is a must but its tiring for you, more tiring if you have to carry the stroller

Mummy to Baby V

We went last year when I was pregnant; 2-yr old nephew was travelling together.
For a big baby/child, a light-weight stroller would be useful since there is usually a lot of shopping or sight-seeing through the trip in Hong Kong. You'll need someone to help carry the stroller up/down stairs though.

Bring a carrier too in case baby doesn't want to sit in the stroller for long.
Some streets are also quite polluted, with many smokers outdoors, so a baby carried at a higher level is safer from the cigarette butts.

Baby changing facilities are not common in some malls and some baby changing rooms are locked up (duh!), so be prepared to change/feed baby on a bench.

Have a great trip. :)

Cheers,
Mummy to BabyV
Win a Modern Cloth Diaper worth $30 at Mummy's Reviews Giveaway

apollo

bring both!! cos if u go HK i'm sure will shop whole day, u cant expect urself or ur hubby to carry her whole day. when she is cranky, carry her using carrier, if she is okay, leave her in pram..

btw, my bro told me HK Disneyland abit 'dangerous'.. he said those ppl from China might go there and 'steal' babies.. dunno true anot or he bull-shitting but better be careful..