Should i give up the idea of employing a maid totally

wendy79

Since 2010, i have been engaging maid , their work term range from 4 months to 1 year 2 months. Since young, we never have maids in the family until i gave birth to my younger son in 2008. My parents had been helping me take care of my 2 children. Thus the maid will be with my parents, staying there. Only to come back to my house 2 or 3 times a week to do general cleaning. I had been paying for the salary and levy. My sis, who's staying with my parents never need to worry anything, but housework all taken care of. My mum, probably because of her character, or maybe the maid is engaged under my name, any little thing about the maid, she will call me right away and report. Otherwise when i return home from work she will report to me what the maid has done wrong.
Imagine you got to hear all these things, i almost cannot take it and will choose to send the maid back to agency. Except for the Myanmar one who's worked for 10 months, she wanted to go back as she want to go home cos she miss her family. And the most recent one who worked for 14 months, wanted to go home for her daughter. These 2 my mum seldom complain.
2 days ago, a new, inexperienced Indonesian maid came. She's only 20plus, cannot understand even very simple english. I wonder what kind of English test MOM set for them. My mum started to call me and report everything. This left me very stressed up and worried. I am a teacher and will be starting work on Monday, what is going to happen?
Should I totally give up the idea of having a maid?
In the first place, i get a maid to off load my mum doing housework cos she helps to look after my children, fetch them to and fro school
Should I give up the idea? i scared i will go crazy if these continues

allycat

I have 4 children aged between 6 to 15 years old and am working full time. That's to say that I've been engaging a helper for the last 14 years! But we have decided to do without a helper when the last one left recently in Mar. Been more than a month without helper now and we are surviving. Bought a robot vacuum cleaner which has proven to be a great help.

mmm yes I actually do believe that maids are a crutch in the sense... we should be able to take care of our homes ourselves with some help. usually i'll just hire a part-timer, it's less complicated.