Should I go to Mount Alvernia or KK Hospital?

it's because their 4-bedded rms are full so some mummies end up in a 2 bedded rm but they still pay for 4-bedded rm rate.. it happens in Thomson Medical Center too.. =)
i also upgraded to 2 beded which i choose 4 bedded but it's full so they upgrade me to 2 bedded but charge me at 4 bedded cost..

Ting

wah, didnt know KK is so horrible!
i had pin at kk, was still ok. when i delivered, the nurses there still alrights, can joke with me n all. so i would say i had a pleasant time there.
guess i was lucky.
but after hearing so many horror stories, i think i might consider Mt A for my next child. :)

bellerichez

Yup! It's true that Mt.A is more cheaper than Thomson..

Example: Thomson 2 bedded deposit is $1000 but Mt.A 2 bedded deposit is $800 only.. :001_302:
Wah... Then i need to make up my mind already cos i need to pay the cash to my clinic assistant soon. So after all MT.A bill is still smaller than TMC?

stonston

it's because their 4-bedded rms are full so some mummies end up in a 2 bedded rm but they still pay for 4-bedded rm rate.. it happens in Thomson Medical Center too.. =)
It happens more often in TMC due to limited 4-bedded rooms & some gynaes who are based there will give their patients an upgrade :) like my gynae did :)

Hi
i delivered my baby boy 3rd july at KKH(C-Sec). Services at delivery suite was good. I had no problem there. the food was good too. After the delivery i was shifted to B+ ward but i dint knw tht i was in B+ ward instead of C ward. So i liked the room and the services there. the nurses were good and friendly. After sometime later they shifted me to C ward as i preffered. the moment i was shifted there, i wanted to tell them to change my ward. The ppl were noisy there.. i couldnt rest quitely.. i was just out from the operation n all i wanted was to rest peacefully but i cldnt. Than it comes to the services. I dint not like most of the nurses there. its like they hessitated to do something if u ask for. but the rest was ok for me. and dnt even talk about the food there. It SUCKS mann...
but i did not bother to change the ward as we r newly married couple and we didnt had much savings to spare. so i told my hubby tht its ok i will tolerate for 3days of my stay. at least they take care of my baby i will be happy. as the nurses took care of my baby at nursing room, i dint knw whether they feed my baby or took good care of him.
After i got discharged, the nxt day i was supposed to visit the polyclinic to check for my babys J level. so they took his weight agn. and i was shocked when doctor said he loss 300g upon discharge. This shows how good care they took of my child. So from this i will have to think where i want to deliver my 2nd n 3rd baby.
So think before u decide.
i was a total subsidy. So my total bill was 5K. but i had to pay 1.2k+ altogather.

hui_ru_88

Hi
i delivered my baby boy 3rd july at Kandang Kerbau Hospital(C-Sec). Services at delivery suite was good. I had no problem there. the food was good too. After the delivery i was shifted to B+ ward but i dint knw tht i was in B+ ward instead of C ward. So i liked the room and the services there. the nurses were good and friendly. After sometime later they shifted me to C ward as i preffered. the moment i was shifted there, i wanted to tell them to change my ward. The ppl were noisy there.. i couldnt rest quitely.. i was just out from the operation and all i wanted was to rest peacefully but i cldnt. Than it comes to the services. I dint not like most of the nurses there. its like they hessitated to do something if you ask for. but the rest was ok for me. and dnt even talk about the food there. It SUCKS mann...
but i did not bother to change the ward as we are newly married couple and we didnt had much savings to spare. so i told my hubby tht its ok i will tolerate for 3days of my stay. at least they take care of my baby i will be happy. as the nurses took care of my baby at nursing room, i dint knw whether they feed my baby or took good care of him.
After i got discharged, the nxt day i was supposed to visit the polyclinic to check for my babys J level. so they took his weight agn. and i was shocked when doctor said he loss 300g upon discharge. This shows how good care they took of my child. So from this i will have to think where i want to deliver my 2nd and 3rd baby.
So think before you decide.
i was a total subsidy. So my total bill was 5K. but i had to pay 1.2k+ altogather.
Regarding the loss of weight at KKH, I do have experience with it before.

I feedback to my own pd about this issue. He said there are two possibilities. Firstly, it might be due to not using the same weighing scale that results in different readings. Secondly is because the baby is under UV lights, he or she tend to dehydrate.

In conclusion, if the same thing were to happen again, I will never go KKH again.

ivy_mummy

Wow, after so many feedback i think i will go to Mount A for better service. I think at least aft i give birth, better service and environment will allow me to rest well and enjoy the stay.
Heard from my gynae that from 1st jun/jul, the limitation on medisave withdrawal for maternity service has increase. is it true?

WEN_9117

Wow, after so many feedback i think i will go to Mount A for better service. I think at least after i give birth, better service and environment will allow me to rest well and enjoy the stay.
Heard from my gynae that from 1st jun/jul, the limitation on medisave withdrawal for maternity service has increase. is it true?
Hi Ivy_Mummy,

yes is true had increase to $3950, But as wat I know startng from Nov onward the doctor fee and etc will also be increase lor. So Mummy who are going to deliver from June to Oct'09 will Njoy less $$$ out.

nadmunzuh

Hi
i delivered my baby boy 3rd july at Kandang Kerbau Hospital(C-Sec). Services at delivery suite was good. I had no problem there. the food was good too. After the delivery i was shifted to B+ ward but i dint knw tht i was in B+ ward instead of C ward. So i liked the room and the services there. the nurses were good and friendly. After sometime later they shifted me to C ward as i preffered. the moment i was shifted there, i wanted to tell them to change my ward. The ppl were noisy there.. i couldnt rest quitely.. i was just out from the operation and all i wanted was to rest peacefully but i cldnt. Than it comes to the services. I dint not like most of the nurses there. its like they hessitated to do something if you ask for. but the rest was ok for me. and dnt even talk about the food there. It SUCKS mann...
but i did not bother to change the ward as we are newly married couple and we didnt had much savings to spare. so i told my hubby tht its ok i will tolerate for 3days of my stay. at least they take care of my baby i will be happy. as the nurses took care of my baby at nursing room, i dint knw whether they feed my baby or took good care of him.
After i got discharged, the nxt day i was supposed to visit the polyclinic to check for my babys J level. so they took his weight agn. and i was shocked when doctor said he loss 300g upon discharge. This shows how good care they took of my child. So from this i will have to think where i want to deliver my 2nd and 3rd baby.

Hi Simple Mum21, I was wondering since u chose C class ward at KKH wasnt it supposed to be all subsidised rate and what i heard we dont need to pay anything, all deducted thru Medisave. How come ur bill was that huge and pay cash some more?? I checked with the admission office they say for B2 ward total C-sect ard $2k only and all will be deducted thru medisave, no cash... I heard in this forum also some even get some cash back from KKH.

I will be having my C-sect next wk and currently booked on B2+ (aircon-5 bedded). The admission staff said if my medisave (maximum allowed for C-sect is $3950- estimated bill 3K to 4K) is not enuf to cover the operation then I have to pay cash. As I have a budget constraint I thot of changing to B2 (no aircon -5-bedded) where the estimated C-sect is ard 2K only..

Can u clarify how come u have to pay so much as u are under total subsidy ??

Thanks !!

shopaholic

Hi
i delivered my baby boy 3rd july at Kandang Kerbau Hospital(C-Sec). Services at delivery suite was good. I had no problem there. the food was good too. After the delivery i was shifted to B+ ward but i dint knw tht i was in B+ ward instead of C ward. So i liked the room and the services there. the nurses were good and friendly. After sometime later they shifted me to C ward as i preffered. the moment i was shifted there, i wanted to tell them to change my ward. The ppl were noisy there.. i couldnt rest quitely.. i was just out from the operation n all i wanted was to rest peacefully but i cldnt. Than it comes to the services. I dint not like most of the nurses there. its like they hessitated to do something if you ask for. but the rest was ok for me. and dnt even talk about the food there. It SUCKS mann...
but i did not bother to change the ward as we r newly married couple and we didnt had much savings to spare. so i told my hubby tht its ok i will tolerate for 3days of my stay. at least they take care of my baby i will be happy. as the nurses took care of my baby at nursing room, i dint knw whether they feed my baby or took good care of him.
After i got discharged, the nxt day i was supposed to visit the polyclinic to check for my babys J level. so they took his weight agn. and i was shocked when doctor said he loss 300g upon discharge. This shows how good care they took of my child. So from this i will have to think where i want to deliver my 2nd n 3rd baby.

I had my 3rd child at Mt A and he lost slight weight upon discharge. I asked the doc and was told it's normal for some babies to experience this. Anyway, my baby looked perfectly happy with the milk offered, so I believe it's really a natural course for him. After he's home, his appetite picked up and has been gaining weight normally. So there, even at Mt A, this can happen too. I dont think losing weight is an exclusive incident to KK only.

That said, I delivered my very first child at KKH and had a pleasant experience. Guess I was lucky I had attentive nurses.

adelynn

i was a TPS patient with KK through my pregnancy and deliverd my baby @ KK. I had never doubted my choice in KK as i had several complications throughout my pregnancy and each time i was rest assured by my gynae, nurses, delivery suite nurses (i had several scares of premature deliveries) that i was in good hands.

After delivery, due to my multiple complications my girl had to be monitored for the first 24 hours and as i choice to be 100% breastfeeding my girl they wheeled her to me even before she was hungry. the LCs were also very encouraging as i had problems latching her on and was in pain with engorgement and nipples not used to baby yet - they came to check on me for each feeding session

i guess it depends on who u meet during your stay with KK and not KK as a hospital itself

LoVeS

hey ladies,

what about deciding between Thomson Medical Center or Mt A?
My #1 is at Mt A n #2 is TMC but i will prefer Mt A as their service, nurses n foods r so much better than TMC esp their ward(mt a) is making me feel cozy n comfortable~~

ling.er

Mount A is the best if compare wit KK .. ! The nurse there is very kind & helpful.. All nice person there .. The food there also nice ^^ If i have another baby sure book Mount A again ^^ :wong19:

ya Mount A, really have very good service and helpful nurses. I still remember the second night stay there, i got engorgement..then the nurse there so helpful & nice and brought me cabbage...a few times...some more in middle of the nite...no complaints from them at all... then the nurse so nice...still send my baby and us to the hospital doorstep on the last day when my baby is discharged. oh yes,,,the food super nice lor...i'm a picky eater but i still finish everything. But i think the hospital is more of a catholic nature...so some pple mind.

I think TMC also should be good...as a few frens also deliver there...no complaints from them. the only complaint i heard was limited parking space.

Last edited: