Should Single Mums Get Baby Bonus?

Should Single Mums Get Baby Bonus?

• Total voters

CanCanMum

Brush aside all the "should not have happened issues", personally i feel that the government should do something for single mums coz its not easy to give birth alone, take care alone, support the baby alone and raise up the child till he/she is able to take care of themselves.

as in some $$ given to single mums like a baby bonus, perhaps make it a Single Parenthood fund or something.

JMHO~~~

edy

Administrator
Staff member
If the Government only wants to give Baby Bonus to a Married couple whom gives birth, they should renamed it to Married Couple Bonus; else I believe Single Parent SHOULD entitled the Baby Bonus.

In fact Govt needs to provide more for Single Parent, as all of us knows it is not easy to be parent further more Single Parent!

Hi all, this is not a petition. In fact, I am a single mum and just want to know more about baby bonuses and why single mothers are not eligible for it. I intend to write a letter to MCYS and the Ministry, so please help me out by giving me suggestions and comments.

Also please vote, would like to know much.

Thanks.
I am shocked that single parent are not granted the baby bonus.
It's not fair. :nah:

kinberuri

Life will be 'less stress' if the govt do spare a thot for us. Seriously just like for my case. ICA say no to single name on BC cos i have that useless pc of paper call marriage cert. Whatever legally binded shi*! (*sorry kinda pissed off) Worst thing is they need to take the orignial ic (*i don even wanna c his face de lo) inorder for the bc to be done. Then came MCYS say if there is no photocopy of his ic i am not eligible for baby bonus.
All kinds of crap!

edy

Administrator
Staff member
I guess you should voice this out to media and have them see all the replies we have here.

Single mum should have the rights too!

kinberuri

I guess you should voice this out to media and have them see all the replies we have here.

i guess lots of us would really love to do that. But hw are we going thru the proper channel is still an issue. Of cos no one wanna offend the law in Singapore. It can kill de lo.

masayuki

Hey Edy,

Do you want to tie up with some SMU students doing a event next month?
They need some hosting space for a website to provide information to single mums....

I'm working with them on the event, so we can do some public education at the same time....:001_302:

NIisme

Brush aside all the "should not have happened issues", personally i feel that the government should do something for single mums coz its not easy to give birth alone, take care alone, support the baby alone and raise up the child till he/she is able to take care of themselves.

as in some $$ given to single mums like a baby bonus, perhaps make it a Single Parenthood fund or something.

JMHO~~~
ya.. no baby bonus but another kind of fund also will do. govt shouldnt treat single parents/non married parents as transparent.

Ting

i guess lots of us would really love to do that. But hw are we going thru the proper channel is still an issue. Of cos no one wanna offend the law in Singapore. It can kill .
i think uncle sam can do something with tt.. LOL~:wong29:

shi_san_yee

Things like cord blood banking (among many others) can fully be paid using baby bonus CDA. So single mummies like us don't get the bb bonus have to fork out cash esp when we're already facing double expenditure with half the resources. So sickening.:err:

Feels like I'm 'punished' by the gahment, taken away the bonus, just because i refuse to marry/bring up my child with a - liability-causing, emotionally-abusive, mentally-straining, scrooge-who-i-will-surely-divorce (if i ever married him) anyway.

All the fairness in employment bla bla equal opportunity blah blah bla, gahment still dare demand employers to be fair when they aren't too fair with citizens like us to begin with ah?

Mommybaby

Frankly speaking...I never noticed there's a thread on Single Mummies until I saw the Nick of a Singlemum somewhere in other forum...

I must say, "You gals are GREAT!!!" It's never easy to be a parent, not to say SINGLE MUMMY!!! It's a BRAVE thing to do to be a Single mum!! Thanks for treasuring lives!!! GREAT WORK!!!

DEFINITELY SINGLE MUMMY SHOULD GET THE BABY BONUS!!! I SUPPORT!!!

MUMMIES ARE THE GREATEST IN THE WORLD!!!! GO ALL MUMMIES!!!
:Dancing_wub::Dancing_wub::Dancing_wub: :red::red::red::red:

Elicia

I feel its dilemma about this, i ever thought of it too. maybe the government dun give to single mums as in having a baby w/o married, is bcos they dun encourage ppl to be unwed mum.

cookiedan82

Hi,
I happened to view little about my future for my kids regards to the baby bonus… anyone can go for any petition or appeal to the msf ..