SIgh, help... SAD that I gotta give up breastfeeding...

Mummies,

I am returning back to work very soon. On the 14th of this month... Only today then I started applying cold cabbage. How often should I do it?

Sigh, I tot of pumping during lunch or what but its really difficult for me, as i'm working retail hours and with shift work, its really pretty difficult.

I heard that there are ppl who can pump like every 12 hours, how to? I tot if I can pump every 12 hours, that will be good, at least I can supplement my baby with 1 or 2 feeds a day. The rest of the feeds with me FM den....

I miss latching on my baby, its been 2 days that I stop latching on as I'm afraid that will increase the milk supply... I was hoping that I could still latch her on once a day even when I return to work...

SIgh, or can someone just teach me how to cut down breastfeeding...

:(

Eneres

Mummies,

I am returning back to work very soon. On the 14th of this month... Only today then I started applying cold cabbage. How often should I do it?

Sigh, I thought of pumping during lunch or what but its really difficult for me, as i'm working retail hours and with shift work, its really pretty difficult.

I heard that there are ppl who can pump like every 12 hours, how to? I thought if I can pump every 12 hours, that will be good, at least I can supplement my baby with 1 or 2 feeds a day. The rest of the feeds with me FM then....

I miss latching on my baby, its been 2 days that I stop latching on as I'm afraid that will increase the milk supply... I was hoping that I could still latch her on once a day even when I return to work...

maybe u dun need to stop breastfeeding totally.

Last time when i still schooling, i have to put my gal in infant care during day time. i also continue to breastfeed her whenever i can. The milk supply will definitely become lesser but at least still can feed her when i'm home or during the nite.

Hope it helps u.

cherry

I agree with Eneres. There is no need to stop totally. The lesser demand for milk during the day time will decrease the supply automatically. You could still latch her on at night and in the early morning. It is what I'm doing now.

fioncess

Mummies,

Sigh, I thought of pumping during lunch or what but its really difficult for me, as i'm working retail hours and with shift work, its really pretty difficult.

I heard that there are ppl who can pump like every 12 hours, how to? I thought if I can pump every 12 hours, that will be good, at least I can supplement my baby with 1 or 2 feeds a day. The rest of the feeds with me FM then....

you dun have to give up breastfeeding!!!
i went back to work just 1 week ago when my baby not even 2 mth. but my baby still on total breastfeeding.

For mi i store 1 mth before i go back to wrk.
and i pump only before i go work, during lunch time, straight after i knock off in the toilet and when my baby wake up for night feed normally 1 breast will statisfied her so i pump the other breast. (At firstvery painful cos of engorement but after 3 days you'll get used to it.)
When i get home after work i normally let her latch on and dun bottle feed her cos those i pump can let her drink when im at work. It's tiring at first but soon you'll get used to it..

At first i also thought i had to stop breastfeeding but see i still managed to total breastfeed.
I believed you can too!! At least partial breastfeeding is good... better then nothing.

JIAYOU!!!!

PinkDiamonds

Retail hours can be tough, I used to work retail before. But I am sure there are times when not a lot of customers and you can afford to leave your position for 15 - 30minutes. If you have other colleagues working in ur shift maybe can ask them to fill in for you while u go pump?

If you have a dual pump then definitely will be faster, 15 minutes can pump finish.

Can talk to your boss? If not, you have to eat up your lunch time to do it. :)

apollo

pls dont stop bf-ing totally!!!

i wk in retail line b4... i know the toughness...

is it possible for u to pump b4 and aft wk?? if can, it'd be best at least ur baby get to drink some bm...

it's a fortune to be able to give our baby bm so dont give up okay?? my supply keep decreasing, sometimes feel lik giving up too but giving a lil is better than nth.. try 1st before giving up totally k? :001_302:

snowbear

Like what other mummies have said, it's not necessary to give up breastfeeding totally just because you're going back to work. You can latch on when you return from work and before you go off in the morning. At least you still get the bonding time with your darling and also your darling gets to have some bm even if you don't manage to pump at work! :) Jia you!

Amulet

don need to stop totally ma.. i stop pumping in daytime at 14months.. but still latch baby once im home at night and weekends.. ur body will learn to regulate de..

What I'm worried is I'll get engorgement and block ducts...

For my trade, I'll keep having customers that comes into my shop, so sometimes lunch time cut down to 30mins only especially weekends... So thats why its so tough for me...

Amulet

For my trade, I'll keep having customers that comes into my shop, so sometimes lunch time cut down to 30mins only especially weekends... So thats why its so tough for me...
slowly cut down the supply lo..

even if pump 5 mins only to release also good ma.. ;)

mich jia you!!
like what many mummies here say. partial better then nothing... its not a sin to not breastfeed anyway. just do whatever you can. do your best can liao. :001_302:
me just started work 2nd sept. my boy now in infant care. so far still manage to total breastfeed. i sacrifice lunch time. at first thought pump only need 10mins. in the end then realise it takes up at least 30mins! and my office must walk 10mins then have coffeeshop. so LL lo. every lunch break chiong pump. plus need to wash the things. if still got 20mins left then i will run across the run to 7-11 buy sandwich. if not then eat the biscuits in office. next week onwards im gonna bring my own lunch liao. then got time to pump and to eat..
maybe you can bring sandwich or what to work also? lunch time half pump half eat....

mich jia you!!
like what many mummies here say. partial better then nothing... its not a sin to not breastfeed anyway. just do whatever you can. do your best can . :001_302:
me just started work 2nd sept. my boy now in infant care. so far still manage to total breastfeed. i sacrifice lunch time. at first thought pump only need 10mins. in the end then realise it takes up at least 30mins! and my office must walk 10mins then have coffeeshop. so LL . every lunch break chiong pump. plus need to wash the things. if still got 20mins left then i will run across the run to 7-11 buy sandwich. if not then eat the biscuits in office. next week onwards im gonna bring my own lunch . then got time to pump and to eat..
maybe you can bring sandwich or what to work also? lunch time half pump half eat....
If i work office sure can lor... But I working retail damn sian lor... I oso wish to total breastfeed, but looks like now only can give partial...

Now my supply drop by half liao....