Sigh... my Ds more interested in playing

almond

haiz... Ds more interested in playing, not interested in drinking...
keep "singing song", and talking baby language. To him, drinking milk is more painful than giving him injection... sigh.... How ar?? :embarrassed:

1568mummy

*laugh*
sound like Ds is your first child eh?

cos' I was also really worried about my first boy not drinking when (supposedly) its milk-milk time... then start stuffing and 'forcing' the teat into his mouth... *laugh*

later did I found out that some babies don't really follow the feed-every-how-many-hours kind of pattern.

Sometimes they are just not hungry yet.
Sometimes they have wind in the stomach, though not too much, so not so pain, but they feel bloated, so no appetite.

but one thing for sure, if they are hungry, they cry so loud the walls will shake!!!! *laugh*
Then the only thing you'll have to worry is "is the quantity enough" *laugh*
that time he/she will drink, no matter what and very fast too! *wink*

if he/she is NOT drinking milk, yet is happy and NOT CRYING, then don't need to worry.... really. 'cos that's the case for my elder one too. By worrying, you are giving yourself more white hair. *wink*

Domique

Hi,

What is bb never wanna drink for many hours like 7am to 4pm, going 12 hours still not keen to drink, only wanna sleep and eat pacifier?

*laugh*
sound like Ds is your first child eh?

cos' I was also really worried about my first boy not drinking when (supposedly) its milk-milk time... then start stuffing and 'forcing' the teat into his mouth... *laugh*

later did I found out that some babies don't really follow the feed-every-how-many-hours kind of pattern.

Sometimes they are just not hungry yet.
Sometimes they have wind in the stomach, though not too much, so not so pain, but they feel bloated, so no appetite.

but one thing for sure, if they are hungry, they cry so loud the walls will shake!!!! *laugh*
Then the only thing you'll have to worry is "is the quantity enough" *laugh*
that time he/she will drink, no matter what and very fast too! *wink*

if he/she is NOT drinking milk, yet is happy and NOT CRYING, then don't need to worry.... really. 'cos that's the case for my elder one too. By worrying, you are giving yourself more white hair. *wink*

Ottermum

DS's also like that during his 3rd month...

interested to play, very kaypo n easily distractable! Most of the time when he's drinking milk everyone around him must keep quiet..

when someone starts talking...ta da!!! stop drinking n looks around liao:wong23:

wasted so much milk heart pain pain ah...

btw have you changed the teats? at that time he was so fussy we realized it's time to change to medium size teats...

thank god he's drinking again!!!

Domique

Hi Ottermum,

I have changed teats already....

Surprisingly I tried one method which work for today... So far so good....

I stop feeding him pacifier so frequent. Only for putting him to sleep then when asleep I quietly take out....

When he awake, he wanna suck on his pacifier and cry... then i feed him...

I am not sure whether it works for others but if your bb is using pacifier, you may wish to lessen the time he/she suck on his pacifier if not I feel that he/she will confuse on bottle sucking and pacifier sucking...

FYI I have tried almost everything except changing formula.....

Hope it works and may work for other bb with similar issues.

DS's also like that during his 3rd month...

interested to play, very kaypo n easily distractable! Most of the time when he's drinking milk everyone around him must keep quiet..

when someone starts talking...ta da!!! stop drinking n looks around liao:wong23:

wasted so much milk heart pain pain ah...

btw have you changed the teats? at that time he was so fussy we realized it's time to change to medium size teats...

thank god he's drinking again!!!

1568mummy

Hi,

What is bb never wanna drink for many hours like 7am to 4pm, going 12 hours still not keen to drink, only wanna sleep and eat pacifier?
Oh my! your bb sounds so much like my elder one!!! *laugh*
My younger one is the direct opposite!

Ok, I was worried, cos' it was my first, kept bringing him to the doctor. The answer was, so long as he is not crying all the time, doesn't look listless AFTER he had enough SLEEP, growing well (taking weight and height), then there is NOTHING to worry about.

some kids are really small eaters, that's all. *wink*

Domique

Really... hee hee
Hey you know what, i think he was on milk strike that day. now he much better, still drink lesser than usual but at least drink.

We bought him out on sat and sun for many hours... then mon he like that already....

He is a challenging bb lar... spank his buttocks... made daddy and mummy worry as we also bring him to pd and even sent in his urine to check for possibility of Urinary Tract Infection.

sigh... nevertheless, it was comforting to get your reply...

Oh my! your bb sounds so much like my elder one!!! *laugh*
My younger one is the direct opposite!

Ok, I was worried, cos' it was my first, kept bringing him to the doctor. The answer was, so long as he is not crying all the time, doesn't look listless AFTER he had enough SLEEP, growing well (taking weight and height), then there is NOTHING to worry about.

some kids are really small eaters, that's all. *wink*

1568mummy

Yeah yeah!!!
so it was just a ONE DAY milk strike eh? *Phew for you*
Hope everything gets better as days go by... *wink*
Stay Cool, Mommy! :tlaugh:

Really... hee hee
Hey you know what, i think he was on milk strike that day. now he much better, still drink lesser than usual but at least drink.

We bought him out on sat and sun for many hours... then mon he like that already....

He is a challenging bb lar... spank his buttocks... made daddy and mummy worry as we also bring him to pd and even sent in his urine to check for possibility of Urinary Tract Infection.

sigh... nevertheless, it was comforting to get your reply...

Domique

Thanks...
in fact on and off he drink lesser and make up other days. just frustrating as when he drink lesser, he reject all the milk (EBM and FM) wasted.....

just gotta bear with it. hope all things stabilize when he turn 3 mths.

Yeah yeah!!!
so it was just a ONE DAY milk strike eh? *Phew for you*
Hope everything gets better as days go by... *wink*
Stay Cool, Mommy! :tlaugh:

Domique

today he dun wanna drink again.... but he wants to latch on. maybe colicky or pacifier cause him to have no interest in sucking the bottle since he got so much satisfaction from pacifier.
sigh

Thanks...
in fact on and off he drink lesser and make up other days. just frustrating as when he drink lesser, he reject all the milk (EBM and FM) wasted.....

just gotta bear with it. hope all things stabilize when he turn 3 mths.