Signs of Labor...

LyDeeAna

Hi Mummies...

I am a 1st time mum. n my edd is on 22 Apr. currently at 37weeks...

I do hope Mummies out.ther do share with me the sign of labour that u experience...

najwee

For me, first sign was the show.

Was taking a shower in the morning and realised I had spots of blood on my shower floor!

303jun

Ohh congrats.. 37 weeks, so labour could be anytime.. I was 39 weeks 1 day when I woke up with menses like cramps and had light pinkish spots of blood aka show.

tcmy

Hii congrats!

First few signs that I've experience:

One or 2 days before labour, having contraction cramps every few mins. If the cramps keep coming continuously lasting more den half an hour, every 5minutes or less, u might want to prep to hosp.

*Contraction cramp- like stomach pain where u feel like passing motion.

For my situation, my water bag burst few minutes after i went to toilet in the midnight- lied down going back to sleep, i heard a "POK" sound quite obvious, from my body. Next moment i felt wet below, prep to go hosp.

P.S. liquid in water bag has no smell n colour, the feeling of leaking is like having mensus.

Hope this helps you. All the best on delivering.

Qookie

I poped when i was 37 weeks! Haha :)

Started off with my water bag leaking. I felt the drizzling down below, but couldn't control it. I wasn't sure i was in labour, so i called the gynae's clinic. The nurse told me if i continued to leak, i should pack up and head to the hospital. Which was exactly what i did. No labour contractions at all. So gynae speeded things up by inducing me (with the use of drugs via IV drip). Coz if you waterbag is broken, you need to get the baby out within 24 hours.

Good luck to you! You can see your baby very very soon! :)

LyDeeAna

tcmy:774698 said:
Hii congrats!

One or 2 days before labour, having contraction cramps every few mins. If the cramps keep coming continuously lasting more den half an hour, every 5minutes or less, u might want to prep to hosp.

For my situation, my water bag burst few minutes after i went to toilet in the midnight- lied down going back to sleep, i heard a "POK" sound quite obvious, from my body. Next moment i felt wet below, prep to go hosp.

P.S. liquid in water bag has no smell n colour, the feeling of leaking is like having mensus.

I have been having that stomach ache passing motion cramp over the weekends... try to go toilet but nothing happen...
since Mon i had some light menstrual cramp... quite often.. but wasnt that painful... maybe arnd 4/10...

LyDeeAna

Qookie:774699 said:

Started off with my water bag leaking. I felt the drizzling down below, but couldn't control it. I wasn't sure i was in labour, so i called the gynae's clinic. The nurse told me if i continued to leak, i should pack up and head to the hospital. Which was exactly what i did. No labour contractions at all. So gynae speeded things up by inducing me (with the use of drugs via IV drip). Coz if you waterbag is broken, you need to get the baby out within 24 hours.

Wow at 37weeks... Went for my check up yesterday... Midwife say no chance of baby coming out soon coz baby is very happy inside the tummy...

303jun

LyDeeAna:774682 said:
What do u do aft u get the show? do u.rush.to.the hosp?
I called my gynae and was asked to go to the hosp cos it was a Sun. I was 2cm dilated when I reached and baby out the following day.

303jun

LyDeeAna:774763 said:
tcmy:774698 said:
Hii congrats!

I have been having that stomach ache passing motion cramp over the weekends... try to go toilet but nothing happen...
since Mon i had some light menstrual cramp... quite often.. but wasnt that painful... maybe arnd 4/10...
Could be braxton hicks contractions.

http://www.babycenter.com/0_braxton-hicks-contractions_156.bc

50% of the women will labor within 24hours. some take 8 days. It doesn't have to be rushed as long as there isn't any meconium present. Labor begins if there is more than one sign. Stay at home as long as you can to prevent all the unnecessary intervention that will disrupt the flow of birth. Hope you have a wonderful birth.

viv

Hi! Congrats!! I popped when I was just slightly over 37wks.

Contraction seems to defer from person to person but personally, I was visiting the toilet (tummy pain and full bladder) frequently 2 weeks before delivery but nothing much came out. On the day of contraction started having v bad back pain. Decided to just wait at home till the pain got closer in intervals. After 8 hrs of pain at home, went to the hospital & was 4cm dilated.